The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #11,402 of 21,761
Quote:
DAMMIT NOKIA if you weren't too hubristic with Symbian back then and innovate and evolve it like you're doing here FOR THE ******* "DUMB"PHONE OS you could probably be.... I don't know, not with Microsoft. /mad

I mean, that looks positively like what a better Symbian could look like. This saddens me all too greatly.

Symbian, still on Java, not sure how far performance-wise they would reach... but with MeeGo and "Swype", that was another story!!! Now, I'm glad that this new "Asha Platform" brings back so many great things from MeeGo. In fact, I might buy one of these Nokia's just for fun (maybe when they release a 3G one...) I have always liked Nokia, had the N9 not too long ago (it died on me! :frowning2: First time a Nokia phone dies on me!) and now I have a "locked" Nokia Lumia 820 (waiting for the codes to become available from AT&T... I guess the final day was today or tomorrow...) and actively using a Lumia 620. I miss the MeeGo platform though... but Windows is alright. I'm not a power user which is why I probably have stuck with Nokia. I have tried both iOS and Android (also tried WebOS), and of all of them MeeGo and Windows are the easiest to use and best to get organized without the need of downloading a buttload of apps...

Anyway, I'm waiting for MS to step back from the mobile platform so that Nokia can go back to MeeGo!! LOL (not going to happen probably but, well, I can dream...)

Quote:
Once again, the boss of Inear told me the stock.at Thomann is BS. I do not know why he would lie.

My first and only experience with them was BAAAAAD! They said they had the items in stock and I waited for 3 weeks and no shipment. Decided to cancel of course... Maybe they do this to people in the US? (or International Shipments...)

May 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #11,403 of 21,761
Quote:
@Muppet: I have 3dd on order so I will report dutifully. I am wondering If the UM reputation for bad demos is not just ONE bad demo, because I only recall one bad first hand experience, the rest being hearesay.

Well, I've heard similar experiences from different folks who tried them in different locations / times, so I would imagine it has something to do with the way they make the shells or tune them?

Quote:

Concerning the ME10 - Dx I could grab a couple on Taobao, or at least ask the guy. Payment on taobao sometimes requires a PHD in Zen.

If you could ask the guy about their availability, that would be awesome. They're surprisingly expensive: I think around 600-800 USD.

Quote:

For Fitear I will have to wait 
frown.gif
 no Fujiya so no Fitear, no Kuro and no SE846 for me 
frown.gif

What makes Fitear so special for you, is it the build /.Japanese art of perfection ?

Sorry you wont be going to Fujiya! Maybe next time? You can bet there will always be stuff to look forward to there (and probably three more Flat4s by this time next year LMAO).

Regarding FitEar, build quality is a major part of it, yeah. It's some of the best I've encountered in IEMs whether they're custom or universal. They're also exceedingly comfortable and one of the few listening devices I actually want to wear when I'm not in a masochistic mood. Honestly I don't talk about comfort as much as some people, at least not in a make-it-or-break-it sort of way, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Over the years I've learned to tolerate quite a bit of gear-related discomfort, just because I like collecting and using a variety of stuff. Then there's the masochism aspect. Sound-wise I really like FitEar's monitors too. Even when they're more overtly colored, it's done in a way that isn't overdone or intrusive. They're all fairly transparent sounding and natural to my ears in most cases.

May 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #11,404 of 21,761
May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #11,405 of 21,761
I was thinking more like

May 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #11,408 of 21,761
Quote:
If you're sick of Bioshock Infinite, here's the cure:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frmpccxNgI
I'm definitely getting this. Cheesy action FTW! Biehn has a good sense of humor, too.

Oh. My. God.

It's like someone made a game with everything I love in it.

It's like... Romy: The Game.

I must play this immediately. LMAO.

May 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #11,410 of 21,761
I don't take it that Blood Dragon is stand alone is it? Cause it looks rad, but I don't wanna have to buy FC3 since I understand it runs rather poorly on consoles

May 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #11,414 of 21,761
I've heard so many fun things about Blood Dragon. It seems like something I'd like but I wonder if it will be as awesomely juvenile as Saints Row 3. (I loved Saints Row 3 so much and am palpably excited about No.4)

May 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #11,415 of 21,761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back