The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 10, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #11,431 of 21,763
Rhapsodio were supposed to become a distributor of Widing stuff, both the IEMs and they also do amps designed for the IEMs as they have high impedances. I just shot them a message and apparently they are too busy at the moment sorting out things regarding OEM earphones, i guess where the Novodio IHX comes from but they will be back around soon. I am hoping to get Widings contact so hopefully they will reply. If your interested MF and Mimouille i can PM you the contact if i get one from Rhapsodio.

Bit of eye candy:

May 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #11,432 of 21,763
Quote:
If you could ask the guy about their availability, that would be awesome. They're surprisingly expensive: I think around 600-800 USD.

I talked to the guy and he said that these iems and a few other products are coming out "the middle ten days of next month". Chinese way of saying between 10 and 20 of next month.

May 10, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #11,433 of 21,763
Since IEMs and Stax get mentioned here a bit, I thought I'd ask you guys about something curious.  So there's this guy named JK1 who seems to think that

(a JVC HA-FX40) reminds him of

in terms of sound (as he states here).  I'm taking this with a pretty big saltlick right now, but there's always that quiet hope deep inside me that maybe?  Just maybe?

Any thoughts?

May 10, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #11,434 of 21,763
Quote:
Since IEMs and Stax get mentioned here a bit, I thought I'd ask you guys about something curious.  So there's this guy named JK1 who seems to think that

(a JVC HA-FX40) reminds him of

in terms of sound (as he states here).  I'm taking this with a pretty big saltlick right now, but there's always that quiet hope deep inside me that maybe?  Just maybe?

Any thoughts?

The HA-FX40 are some of the carbon nanotube JVCs. They've got a lot of fans around the forum, but I really doubt any  experienced Head-Fi-er would compare them to Stax. Maybe it's just the sound signature that makes him say it? 

JK1 is one of the most strident "budget-fi" people out there, he wants everything to cost less than $100 and he's obsessed with the battery life of portable devices as well. He means well but he can be a little bit "out in left field" at times. 

May 10, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #11,435 of 21,763
You know what Mupps? I think you were totally right. I'm not quite feeling these K550's. They seem kind of tizzy and dry and they aren't really grabbing me. I like them more when I don't wear glasses, but no one has time for none of that round here.

May 10, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #11,436 of 21,763
Quote:

The HA-FX40 are some of the carbon nanotube JVCs. They've got a lot of fans around the forum, but I really doubt any  experienced Head-Fi-er would compare them to Stax. Maybe it's just the sound signature that makes him say it? 

JK1 is one of the most strident "budget-fi" people out there, he wants everything to cost less than $100 and he's obsessed with the battery life of portable devices as well. He means well but he can be a little bit "out in left field" at times. 

Ahh, so he's a little bit Dsnutsy then... no/little harm in it I guess.  Well, that little glimmer of a hope that there's a $20 Stax IEM is gone, but let's be honest in that it was totally unrealistic to begin with.

Quote:
I like them more when I don't wear glasses, but no one has time for none of that round here.

So tempted to post a meme gif right now...

May 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #11,438 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
So tempted to post a meme gif right now...

Nah, must exercise discipline.  Don't want Mupps to be mad at mee. 
redface.gif
  Plus it wasn't a very funny gif.

May 10, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #11,440 of 21,763
I see that you too, are an Eva fan. I also see that you don't seem to share the same opinion as other Eva fans in regards to 3.0. hmmmm... heard 3.0 was a trainwreck. Cautiously optimistic for whatever reason now...

Iwannabelievedammit

I loved 3.0 because it was exactly what it didn't promise to be. Won't spoil any more that. I have a tendency to like divisive things. And most things Eva in general. Although I'll be honest, I didn't like 2.0 that much. 3.0 made rebuild good for me.

PS: It certainly isn't bad. At minimum, it's high quality trolling. It depends what you're expecting from it. I'd love to talk about why I like it, but I don't want to spoil. Either way, I loved it, lots of people didn't like it I suppose, but I still think it's a work of genius.

The original NGE series was godlike because it did exactly the opposite of what people wanted and what people were expecting. 3.0 continues that tradition and I love it for that.

May 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #11,441 of 21,763
I've yet to watch 3 but I am really most looking forward to seeing more of Moon Kaworu lol. <3

May 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #11,442 of 21,763
Looks like She & Him have a new album out, Volume 3.

Sounds like she's exploring a different area of her vocal range - and they're trying out a slightly different sound or time period as well.

May 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #11,443 of 21,763
Quote:
Looks like She & Him have a new album out, Volume 3.

Sounds like she's exploring a different area of her vocal range - and they're trying out a slightly different sound or time period as well.

I just have their Christmas album which is both saccharine and heartening lol.

May 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #11,444 of 21,763
New universal from the Japanese masters...

FitEar Parterre

http://fitear.jp/music/news/pr/news130502.html

Very curious. I've heard rumors about new universals, but this one came from left field. Few seem to know about it, even some of the insiders I know. Looks similar to the F111.

May 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #11,445 of 21,763
Quote:
I just have their Christmas album which is both saccharine and heartening lol.

Ooh, haven't heard that one.  Off to check it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back