The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #11,417 of 21,761
I love it when Mupps is enthusiastic!

May 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #11,419 of 21,761
No, there's no co-op. You are a badass mark IV cyber commando. You don't need a partner.

Nonsense. This is the flippin' 80's we're talkin bout here. Everyone had a bro. Rocky had Apollo, Van Halen had Sammy Hagar and the blue Contra dude had the red Contra dude. Blood Dragon's lack of co-op is a failure in capturing the spirit of the 80's. How is a dude supposed to commit the following act of Bro-diocity:

DILLON_predator.gif

without a bro in tow? So many missed opportunities...

May 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #11,420 of 21,761
Yay my K550's arrived :D

May 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #11,421 of 21,761
Quote:
If you could ask the guy about their availability, that would be awesome. They're surprisingly expensive: I think around 600-800 USD.

Sorry you wont be going to Fujiya! Maybe next time? You can bet there will always be stuff to look forward to there (and probably three more Flat4s by this time next year LMAO).

Regarding FitEar, build quality is a major part of it, yeah. It's some of the best I've encountered in IEMs whether they're custom or universal. They're also exceedingly comfortable and one of the few listening devices I actually want to wear when I'm not in a masochistic mood. Honestly I don't talk about comfort as much as some people, at least not in a make-it-or-break-it sort of way, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Over the years I've learned to tolerate quite a bit of gear-related discomfort, just because I like collecting and using a variety of stuff. Then there's the masochism aspect. Sound-wise I really like FitEar's monitors too. Even when they're more overtly colored, it's done in a way that isn't overdone or intrusive. They're all fairly transparent sounding and natural to my ears in most cases.

Ok I found it but the guy was not online, I left him a message.

I'll try Fujiya again in October...only problem is that I will have a kid by then and iems will be the least of my problems :)

I think I'll just spend a weekend in Tokyo in June or July and get a pair of Fitear...not sure which one yet. I wish someone had a pair of MH334. Think I'll get a 335 anyways, since I have several customs, I do not need to have a "reference" sound, esoteric sounding like Gavin qualifies it is fine.

May 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #11,422 of 21,761
Quote:
Nonsense. This is the flippin' 80's we're talkin bout here. Everyone had a bro. Rocky had Apollo, Van Halen had Sammy Hagar and the blue Contra dude had the red Contra dude. Blood Dragon's lack of co-op is a failure in capturing the spirit of the 80's. How is a dude supposed to commit the following act of Bro-diocity:

/SNIP

without a bro in tow? So many missed opportunities...

Bros were important in the 80s, but they had a place and were't the stupid overused meme they are today. Especially in 80s sci-fi like Robocop, Aliens, He-Man (unless you count Orko?), Blade Runner, Escape from NY, They Live... the main character isn't exactly brohamming it up all the time 'n stuff. Blood Dragon is an homage to those films.

"Missed opportunities?" Psh. Moar like butthurt nitpicking. Oooooo....

Yeah, no one is going to spoil this thing for me. It's a crowning achievement.

May 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #11,423 of 21,761
Escape FROM (christ mannnnn) NY yes. The bros in Aliens I'm not down with. Wait, Ripley counts as a bro, so eh... I'm torn.

in other news: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663307/fit-ear-togo-334-in-perfect-working-condition-extra-000-cable-price-to-sell

Might have missed this baby while driving home. *SIGH*

May 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #11,424 of 21,761
Quote:
I do enjoy a good philosophical essay but they usually lack dragons and mechas and living interstellar spacecraft to my taste.

It's those damn publishers holding back on us. Undersaturation, I'd say.

Quote:
Hey guys did you hear about the AK120??

Holy crap, an AK120?  Why does no one [repeatedly] tell us about such things?  Thanks for the heads up!

No. Freaking. Way. Totally subscribed. If no one had told me beforehand...
tbs now I know what it does. Okay then.

Add in some witty and insightful comment about cats, and that's a wrap for the day ~~

May 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #11,425 of 21,761
Quote:

Bros were important in the 80s, but they had a place and were't the stupid overused meme they are today. Especially in 80s sci-fi like Robocop, Aliens, He-Man (unless you count Orko?), Blade Runner, Escape from NY, They Live... the main character isn't exactly brohamming it up all the time 'n stuff. Blood Dragon is an homage to those films.

"Missed opportunities?" Psh. Moar like butthurt nitpicking. Oooooo....

Yeah, no one is going to spoil this thing for me. It's a crowning achievement.

Oh man, I loved all those movies from back in the day. With the exception of Robocop I actually have them all on DVD and I even have the directors cut of Blade Runner. You forgot to mention one key bro movie that wasn't an 80's movie, it was released in 79 I believe, but every kid in the 80's used to rave about it. I personally must have rented it a dozen times and I went out of my way in the late 80's to record the edited version on my VCR when it aired on the channel 12 Saturday late night movie show. I wish they'd do a remake of the original movie.

Ahhh, I still remember the good old days when beer was bottled in stubbies

By the way, question, between all the head-fi shenanigans, music, gear experimentation and everyday life how do all you guys find the time to play so many video games? Time was the main reason I hung up my joystick. I'd buy a new game in the morning when the store opened at 9 AM and the next thing I knew it was 11 PM and nothing was done at home.

May 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #11,428 of 21,761
Quote:
Oh man, I just watched Eva 3.0. It was really good.

I see that you too, are an Eva fan. I also see that you don't seem to share the same opinion as other Eva fans in regards to 3.0. hmmmm... heard 3.0 was a trainwreck. Cautiously optimistic for whatever reason now...

Iwannabelievedammit

May 10, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #11,429 of 21,761
"The good guys always win, even in the 80's": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpfKp-gv6s
Plenty of material for Blood Dragon there. Now we just need a killer 1980's soundtrack to compliment it....

Oh don't worry. I spoilt myself watching a Lets Play and the soundtrack, according to the letsplayer and my dodgy, missed-the-80s-but-dad-didn't childhood memory, is freaking spot on.

May 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #11,430 of 21,761
If you're sick of Bioshock Infinite, here's the cure:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frmpccxNgI
I'm definitely getting this. Cheesy action FTW! Biehn has a good sense of humor, too.

I want this game pretty badly. I love these cheesy camp action movie themes. Cliche relies on familiarity: this is familiar. If it went all abstract it would lose me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back