The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #19,711 of 21,761
  As is Noble's...putting our their universals just now and having Joker rate their Noble 4S as good as a JH13...

Sure is a joker, ain't he? *crickets*

George Clooney? He owes me like 10 bucks. Looks like he spent it again.
frown.gif

It'd be pretty amusing if Clooney actually bummed a Hamilton from you.

My listening tonight has been odd. I've been listening to blockbuster video game soundtracks of yesteryear. Halo, Call of Duty: MW2 (the only one that actually features Zimmermusik!), MGS4. I find the guttural inflections of Hebrew in the MGS4 love theme to be especially evocative on the UERM.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #19,712 of 21,761
having Joker rate their Noble 4S as good as a JH13...

Surely you're not suggesting Noble told Joker what to say, and that Joker agreed to say it?

For several folks I know the original Heir 4.A / Frogbeats C4 was the best model in Dr. Moulton's lineup, and some even preferred it to the UERM overall. It offers an extremely well-balanced signature in my opinion, fairly linear but with some added warmth to give it a less fatiguing sound. The JH13Pro by comparison is more U-shaped, so it'll appeal to different sensibilities.

Speaking of which, I have the Kaiser 10 on hand, and so far I'm very impressed. Not only is it the most beautifully built cIEM I've ever owned, but it has a very cohesive and effortless sound across the spectrum. It's refined and exquisitely controlled, which is crucial for U-shaped signatures, and to that end I find I can listen to it for hours on end which is pretty unusual for me when it comes to that kind of "fun" tonal balance. Definitely a new favorite.

More to come.

Someone showed very limited willpower and ordered a pair of Roxanne for Black Friday...

I almost did too, but I'm holding out for an upcoming option I heard about through the grape vine: an all titanium shell. Purely an aesthetic thing, but I personally prefer metal to carbon fiber. I'm sure they'll have a New Year's Eve sale as well.

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #19,713 of 21,761
  I think I'll let this idea brew for a while longer before I do anything about it. I feel pretty unstable now (more to the depressed panicky side) and I can't help the feeling that mistakes are going to be made in panic, and I just wanted to minimize the risk of making those mistakes. Not that taking her for a tour would be stupid, but other ideas may be.

Keep a little journal, notepad or sketchbook of the ideas you have. You don't know necessarily know what the good ones are when you have them. Especially when you're going through a rough patch like this.

Personally, I think an office tour can be a good idea. It's worth bringing up with your supervisor(s) to discuss. Every job has information that is either shareable or not-shareable; hashing it out with others helps them get a sense of how they communicate their jobs, too. I don't think you will lose anything by asking, as long as you have some clear goals when you do it. (And having a notepad to refer to at the time helps a lot.)

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #19,715 of 21,761
Nov 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #19,716 of 21,761
Nov 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #19,717 of 21,761
Ketiki is a gurl tho

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #19,718 of 21,761
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #19,720 of 21,761
It'd be pretty amusing if Clooney actually bummed a Hamilton from you.

[rule]
My listening tonight has been odd. I've been listening to blockbuster video game soundtracks of yesteryear. Halo, Call of Duty: MW2 (the only one that actually features Zimmermusik!), MGS4. I find the guttural inflections of Hebrew in the MGS4 love theme to be especially evocative on the UERM.

:wink:

The MW2 soundtrack comes up on Yasunori Mitsuda iTunes Radio a lot lol. It's pretty good actually. I'll need to get the MGS4 OST.

You mean him?
george_clooney_as_a_kid.jpeg

Yup. That's the guy alright.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #19,721 of 21,761
Surely you're not suggesting Noble told Joker what to say, and that Joker agreed to say it?

For several folks I know the original Heir 4.A / Frogbeats C4 was the best model in Dr. Moulton's lineup, and some even preferred it to the UERM overall. It offers an extremely well-balanced signature in my opinion, fairly linear but with some added warmth to give it a less fatiguing sound. The JH13Pro by comparison is more U-shaped, so it'll appeal to different sensibilities.

Speaking of which, I have the Kaiser 10 on hand, and so far I'm very impressed. Not only is it the most beautifully built cIEM I've ever owned, but it has a very cohesive and effortless sound across the spectrum. It's refined and exquisitely controlled, which is crucial for U-shaped signatures, and to that end I find I can listen to it for hours on end which is pretty unusual for me when it comes to that kind of "fun" tonal balance. Definitely a new favorite.

More to come.

I almost did too, but I'm holding out for an upcoming option I heard about through the grape vine: an all titanium shell. Purely an aesthetic thing, but I personally prefer metal to carbon fiber. I'm sure they'll have a New Year's Eve sale as well.

No no no...for one I totally trust Joker's integrity, and even if I had some reservations about the Wizard, I have put that behind me...his new company seems quite impressive so far.
I think I expressed myself in an unclear manner. I just mean that the timing of the review is perfect.

This puts Noble in my radar...I am interested in the 5S, K10 and Noble 6. The 5S will be reviewed at audiohewd I think, the K10 I eagerly await more impressions, and the Noble 6, a friend of Gavin ordered it so Gavin can tell me what he thinks.

So what about pics of your K10? And could you briefly compare to your 335 and 435?

Cool stuff about titanium....I do enjoy my ciems in black though :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #19,724 of 21,761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back