The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 3, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #25,846 of 35,332
Any company, especially one making the products, should gladly pay for the return of a defective item they sent to you instead of the fully working one that you ordered and were promised. It's difficult to see how any product coming from such vendor can be called a deal.

I'm not pleased with Hifiman as of right now either. My concerns are with a pair of HE560s. I had a pair formerly that had a slight fall, and when I said a slight fall, I mean that. I managed to catch them before falling with full force. Babied them otherwise. The earcup yolks broke. They were taking awhile to respond, and I thought going through Amazon might go a bit faster, and Amazon ended up taking them back with no problems even though I explained it could have possibly been my fault.

Proceed to later with the Adorama sale of the HE560 for lower, and I liked it, so I purchased another pair. These puppies were kept in a case immediately after I used them, and never had anything that could cause this damage. Beyond babied and they still broke just today. Absolutely ridiculous. I'll update, but I better not get any garbage of me paying to ship it back. These earcup yolks are faulty and a joke, and no one should have to pay for the mistake of a manufacturer.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #25,847 of 35,332
And this is why folks I never advise to buy these brands who don't care about customers. Been saying this since ages but always come up with arguments like "but mine's working fine". Was very tempted to buy SMSL/Hifiman/Xduoo products but fought those temptations. I will only spend on these brands what won't hurt my pocket like Xduoo X3 I owned, it nice for a few months then had to throw away when screen died.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #25,848 of 35,332
I have a set of the open box HE400 to arrive today. While I knew Hifiman was not highly thought of for customer service, I did not realize they did not pay shipping back for items that are initially defective. If you wanted a fight you might be able to dispute that with your credit card/paypal. But its not worth the effort.

I just noticed something odd on their Store website. One of the main headers is "Fraudulent Customers", with a list of them. I have never seen that before. I do not really have a problem with that, but it does indicate a world view in that they do not have a corresponding header that says "Dissatisfied Customers"

To get a bit more on topic. If you are looking for a cheap miniature bluetooth speaker that sounds quite good for it's size, the Willnorn Soundplus Bluetooth Speaker is on Amazon now shipped for $10. For a tiny speaker ( 5.5" long) it sounds decent and plays pretty loud, having Bluetooth 4.1, and both DSP and a passive bass radiator...both necessary to make little speakers sound not awful.

Not familiar with Willnorn? The speaker is actually a MeiDong SP1 (AKA QQ Chocolate). I figure while very few may be familar with Willnorn, many more have seen MeiDong.*

*Sorry, the 12 year old in me could not resist that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #25,849 of 35,332
I have a set of the open box HE400 to arrive today. While I knew Hifiman was not highly thought of for customer service, I did not realize they did not pay shipping back for items that are initially defective. If you wanted a fight you might be able to dispute that with your credit card/paypal. But its not worth the effort.

I just noticed something odd on their Store website. One of the main headers is "Fraudulent Customers", with a list of them. I have never seen that before. I do not really have a problem with that, but it does indicate a world view in that they do not have a corresponding header that says "Dissatisfied Customers"

To get a bit more on topic. If you are looking for a cheap miniature bluetooth speaker that sounds quite good for it's size, the Willnorn Soundplus Bluetooth Speaker is on Amazon now shipped for $10. For a tiny speaker ( 5.5" long) it sounds decent and plays pretty loud, having Bluetooth 4.1, and both DSP and a passive bass radiator...both necessary to make little speakers sound not awful.

Not familiar with Willnorn? The speaker is actually a MeiDong SP1 (AKA QQ Chocolate). I figure while very few may be familar with Willnorn, many more have seen MeiDong.*

LOL You ding dong. :eggplant: :beyersmile:

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #25,850 of 35,332

...and the 12 year old in me is amused!

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #25,851 of 35,332

I am a bit confused. The spec for the Willnorn states that it is 5.6" long, which is considered average, while MeiDong is only 4.7". Later in the product info it states MeiDong is 7" long. I think someone may be compensating... :thinking:

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #25,852 of 35,332
I am a bit confused. The spec for the Willnorn states that it is 5.6" long, which is considered average, while MeiDong is only 4.7". Later in the product info it states MeiDong is 7" long. I think someone may be compensating... :thinking:

cold-related "shrinkage"

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #25,853 of 35,332
cold-related "shrinkage"

Jeez guys, you are focusiing on one of the least important aspects of this deal. See the listing. Meidong is listed as the #1 Best Seller with over 800 satisfied customers, many of whom are probably pleased it is not larger. This photo shows that 5.6" for Meidong QQ* (*Quiet \ Quiescent?) is correct, although it is smaller than average. Just go to the Meidong link and scroll down to the in use photos images. Everyone seems very happy.

While I cannot look at the Meidong right now, I do have the Wilnorn in my hand, and can confirm it is 5.6" long and that it really performs for its size. Only $10!

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #25,854 of 35,332

The second one in is an address to be careful about. It's a known skimming address where orders get changed and delivered to a store front in Minden NV and picked up. I had an AE order that got rerouted to there and it literally took me 4 months to get my $65 back and had to go thru my CC rather than AE. I'd advise everyone to check online purchases for shipping addresses and if that shows you've been hijacked.

Now back to MeiDong chatter.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #25,855 of 35,332
The second one in is an address to be careful about. It's a known skimming address where orders get changed and delivered to a store front in Minden NV and picked up. I had an AE order that got rerouted to there and it literally took me 4 months to get my $65 back and had to go thru my CC rather than AE. I'd advise everyone to check online purchases for shipping addresses and if that shows you've been hijacked..

OK that makes sense, it is a useful scam warning rather than a list of people they do not like.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #25,857 of 35,332

Don't get excited...

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #25,858 of 35,332
Jeez guys, you are focusiing on one of the least important aspects of this deal. See the listing. Meidong is listed as the #1 Best Seller with over 800 satisfied customers, many of whom are probably pleased it is not larger. This photo shows that 5.6" for Meidong QQ* (*Quiet \ Quiescent?) is correct, although it is smaller than average. Just go to the Meidong link and scroll down to the in use photos images. Everyone seems very happy.

While I cannot look at the Meidong right now, I do have the Wilnorn in my hand, and can confirm it is 5.6" long and that it really performs for its size. Only $10!
Risky click of the day...

Being a brown guy can relate to the 'chocolate mini' and do confirm the reviews.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #25,859 of 35,332
Hey guys I do not post much here, but I've been a member for years and read the forums all the time. I came across this, which looks to good to be true, so I figure it probably is. Is anyone familiar with or has ordered from the below site?

https://www.cabinetoutfit.top/new-i...oise-cancelling-headphones-beige-p-10686.html

I've searched but cannot find any other info out, and was going to order these from amazon for like 3 times the price.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #25,860 of 35,332
Hey guys I do not post much here, but I've been a member for years and read the forums all the time. I came across this, which looks to good to be true, so I figure it probably is. Is anyone familiar with or has ordered from the below site?

https://www.cabinetoutfit.top/new-i...oise-cancelling-headphones-beige-p-10686.html

I've searched but cannot find any other info out, and was going to order these from amazon for like 3 times the price.

I am curious as well. It seems EVERYTHING (headphone-wise) is $43.99...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back