The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 31, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #25,831 of 35,332
Used HE-560 at Adorama for $284. Keep in mind that the new batches having yoke breaking issues(read the HE-560 thread for details). Keep this in mind before pulling the trigger. Perhaps these are ones with replaced yokes from returned broken yoke ones? You can purchase a replacement yoke from this guy. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hif...cussion-thread.711824/page-1284#post-14114447

Here is the Adorama link

https://www.adorama.com/us 959078.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4_zVBRDVARIsAFNI9eA4-0nOm_mu9L8y78BX-NkLL-Xh8pX5FTzFRI6oDpt5GjafzK0ms9waAu_VEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #25,832 of 35,332
I'm sorry for the OT: I found a nice deal on one of the best BT speakers around, Riva S, on the German ebay. Does anyone know of a good forwarding service from germany (or Europe in general) with decent pricing? I had used Parcl in the past but now i'm being quoted around 50$, which is unacceptable in this case.

Mar 31, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #25,833 of 35,332
If you are looking for a high quality modestly powered desktop speaker and headphone amp, there is an intriguing choice I discovered.

The Xtrempro 11111 seems to be an Audioengine N22 class A/B Desktop Amp ($200) but with a Toslink and Coaxial DAC built in.

The XtremPro Audio Amplifier DAC 22W for Headphone Model 11111 is on Amazon for $88 (after silly 2% coupon discount). It originally sold for $180 on Amazon then quickly dropped to $95-$90. The only other vendor I see is Fry's at $140.

I got one about 2 weeks ago and am very pleased. There is almost no information on what's inside so I opened it up. It (and the N22) uses a Burr-Brown OPA2134 for the headphone amp. Class A/B Power amp (TDA7265 on a huge heat sink), and the DAC is a 24 bit AKM AK4329VF with a Wolfson WM8804G. 2 Aux line inputs on the rear, variable pre-amp outputs (usable as a Sub-Out). The Speakers shut off when you plug in headphones. You have to reach to the rear to switch sources. No USB input. But for $88, no complaints.

I use it about half the time to power headphones, and it handles any moderately efficient phones just fine and sounds good.

I am using it in my apartment with a pair of relatively inefficient 6 ohm speakers and it sounds great. Very warm sounding and musical. I was concerned about heat but does not even get warm, although I do not play it loud. Interesting very cheap option instead of all of the class D & T amps that dominate the desktop speaker amp market.

From what I can tell it probably is made by the Chinese OEM that makes the N22. My guess it it is identical, plus the DAC. But, I can not find any internal shots of the N22 to directly compare.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #25,835 of 35,332
Audioquest NightHawk Carbon and NightOwl Carbon headphones are now $400 off. was $899, NOW $499
The super comfortable, over ear & easy to drive Audioquest headphones come in two versions: the semi open NightHawk Carbon and the isolating, closed back NightOwl Carbon.
Both include two types of pads, microsuede for a cleaner, more neutral sound and protein leather for a warmer, fuller bass.
This is a great buy on a very well liked, beautifully made and designed headphone that you can enjoy for many years.

https://headphonebar.com/collections/headphones/products/audioquest-nighthawk-carbon

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 1, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #25,836 of 35,332
Audioquest NightHawk Carbon and NightOwl Carbon headphones are now $400 off. was $899, NOW $499
The super comfortable, over ear & easy to drive Audioquest headphones come in two versions: the semi open NightHawk Carbon and the isolating, closed back NightOwl Carbon.
Both include two types of pads, microsuede for a cleaner, more neutral sound and protein leather for a warmer, fuller bass.
This is a great buy on a very well liked, beautifully made and designed headphone that you can enjoy for many years.

https://headphonebar.com/collections/headphones/products/audioquest-nighthawk-carbon

Worth noting that Headphone Bar ships and sells only in Canada.

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #25,837 of 35,332
Worth noting that Headphone Bar ships and sells only in Canada.

If you act quickly, Amazon has a few pair of Nighthawk available from 2 sellers for USD $400

Wow those R300's were a smokin deal. Let us know if that is what you actually receive. Finger's Crossed :wink:

There is currently a scam deal on R300s with a Cyrus Lyric on eBay. I will not link because you can see it is a scam when you click on "See Complete Description" in the body. It is probably not related.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #25,839 of 35,332
Apr 2, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #25,840 of 35,332
Apr 2, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #25,841 of 35,332
F'me old boots! Lol, Who was the seller?

Hmm, I did not think to check before I pressed the purchase tab - I was a little flustered! My invoice says "Amazon.com Services, Inc." There was a lot of chatter on the Slickdeals site about it being a mistake but that Amazon, if they do not cancel, will honor the price. :fingers_crossed:

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #25,842 of 35,332
Hmm, I did not think to check before I pressed the purchase tab - I was a little flustered! My invoice says "Amazon.com Services, Inc." There was a lot of chatter on the Slickdeals site about it being a mistake but that Amazon, if they do not cancel, will honor the price. :fingers_crossed:
That's awesome Great deal! hope it does go through

Apr 2, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #25,843 of 35,332
For anyone on the east coast in Canada, you can get a NightHawk Carbon demo for $349.00. Also a Grado PS500e demo for $399.00. They are available at Glubes in Dartmouth, NS:
www.glubes.ca

Shane D

PS: FYI, I know it's obvious but, Canadian $'s

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #25,844 of 35,332
Hifiman Clearance Sale for the USA only.

The least expensive bargain is intriguing: Open Box original HE400 (not xx,i, or s) for $169 with hard case. Priced exactly like the Massdrop 4xx. Headfonix review contrasts the two.

Picked one of these up. Left driver has an SMC short or another issue as it works for a few seconds and then cuts out. Contacted HIFIMAN for a replacement and they're making me pay to ship it back to them. Such a wonderful company. lol They're CS department is pretty much the opposite of Audeze.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #25,845 of 35,332
Picked one of these up. Left driver has an SMC short or another issue as it works for a few seconds and then cuts out. Contacted HIFIMAN for a replacement and they're making me pay to ship it back to them. Such a wonderful company. lol They're CS department is pretty much the opposite of Audeze.

Any company, especially one making the products, should gladly pay for the return of a defective item they sent to you instead of the fully working one that you ordered and were promised. It's difficult to see how any product coming from such vendor can be called a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back