The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 23, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #23,491 of 35,333
Stereo Exchange in NYC is either shutting down for good or moving after 30 yeas at its location. They're having an 'everything must go' sale. While they used to sell everything at list, everything I priced today was well under the best online price I found; even a good deal under Amazon Prime prices. Now is the time to buy!

Thanks! Managed to snag a Crossfade Wireless (Gunmetal) for $149! It was $199 when I visited on Monday.

The owner's wife, the one who kicked me out last summer, was quite shocked with what seems to be a price mistake (they were only planning to lower the M-100 from $199 to $149).

As of this post, it's still $149 on their sale page (3 stocks left after my purchase). If they still have it listed as $149 tomorrow, you better act fast!

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #23,492 of 35,333
The Monoprice Planar M1060 which was announced months ago but never available to puchase is available now.

LINK

This appears to be similar in specifications and build to the Hifiman 560 but there is only 1 user review so far. Does not have real lamb cushions or other super premium features.

$300 plus shipping is the "regular" price so I apologize to those who do not think it is appropriate to post here.  

However, it has not been available til today so if you have been waiting you can get it now.  It appears to be priced well below comparables in the market, but does not yet have reviews to back that up.  

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #23,493 of 35,333
  The Monoprice Planar M1060 which was announced months ago but never available to puchase is available now.

LINK

This appears to be similar in specifications and build to the Hifiman 560 but there is only 1 user review so far. Does not have real lamb cushions or other super premium features.

$300 plus shipping is the "regular" price so I apologize to those who do not think it is appropriate to post here.  

However, it has not been available til today so if you have been waiting you can get it now.  It appears to be priced well below market, but does not yet have reviews to back that up.  

I've been curious about this headphone. I thought it looked like an Audeze, but the cost to manufacture a Hifiman headphone is is definitely lower. Can anyone confirm if this is just a rebranded HE560?

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #23,495 of 35,333
Let's go down the price elevator (for a really fine value headphone). Musicians Friend has the Marantz MPH-2's for sale @39.99. Price is good for another 9 hrs.

There's an entire thread on Head-Fi dedicated to inexpensive, over-achieving Chinese designs like this one. Don't be fooled by the Marantz nameplate: this is a rebrand of the ISK MDH9000 headphone (1 of 5 or 6 clones I know of).

I own this headphone (actually had 2, gave one as a gift); also owned 1 of the other clones, also given as gift to a friend (the clones all sound identical in my experience). The Marantz is the best looking of them IMO.

If you appreciate closed back headphones w/a "friendly"/listenable, yet relatively accurate sound, this is the best money you'll ever spend...

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #23,496 of 35,333

However, it has not been available til today so if you have been waiting you can get it now.  It appears to be priced well below comparables in the market, but does not yet have reviews to back that up.  

5 Year Warranty?! If they actually live up to that policy in terms of production quality that'll be pretty impressive... maybe even "deal-like".

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #23,497 of 35,333
  Let's go down the price elevator (for a really fine value headphone). Musicians Friend has the Marantz MPH-2's for sale @39.99. Price is good for another 9 hrs.

There's an entire thread on Head-Fi dedicated to inexpensive, over-achieving Chinese designs like this one. Don't be fooled by the Marantz nameplate: this is a rebrand of the ISK MDH9000 headphone (1 of 5 or 6 clones I know of).

I own this headphone (actually had 2, gave one as a gift); also owned 1 of the other clones, also given as gift to a friend (the clones all sound identical in my experience). The Marantz is the best looking of them IMO.

If you appreciate closed back headphones w/a "friendly"/listenable, yet relatively accurate sound, this is the best money you'll ever spend...

Thanks, a link for others interested

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #23,498 of 35,333
For the Euros, Earsonics via Tellement Nomade are doing a "trade in your old in-ears" for a discount on their current universal models all the way up to S-EM9

http://www.tellementnomade.org/promo-earsonics-reprend-vos-intras-contre-une-reduction-2/

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #23,500 of 35,333
ACS are doing 30% off their entire STUDIO line through March 1st, both custom and universal. Prices are already discounted on the website. 
For example Studio Encore is now $840 down from $1200. http://acscustomusa.com/product-category/music/in-ear-monitors-music/?ind=52

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #23,501 of 35,333
I think they are discontinuing the Encore line, have a new line coming (never happy with my Encore, others love them).

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #23,504 of 35,333
"It's all downhill for the buyer" award goes to bogus Amazon third party sell Utahskier --who has 25 ratings and a 81% score.  But who also has this on its sale items:  " *TEXT US (201) 632-1227 BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER TO CONFIRM PRODUCT CONDITION!** "

Also everything it sells seems to be priced at $400.

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #23,505 of 35,333
Why does Amazon screen product reviews before posting but not sellers???!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back