The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #16,472 of 35,319
Personally hate rebates...rather pay $40 out the door.

^^
Rebates don't really work for me.  Out of the many rebates I've filed, only 1 or 2 have worked.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #16,473 of 35,319
There was a sale on these Westones recently, I got a pair, don't know why there's so much resistance to these at $30, I really like them...I've blown more for lesser headphones in the past.

i think its a too good to be true reaction!  after all, when someone listening to TOTL gear likes
a lowly 30$ em it seems fishy.  but i know what you mean, their are "discoveries" in this hobby
where price has nothin to do with the quality that is offered by the gear. it works both ways, sometimes
really good gear is very disappointing.  i received a set of 1200 headphones on tour, all broken in,
that i just dispised the sound signature of........every product has the capability of being wonderful
or not, or somewhere in the middle. Please keep up your enthusiasm for discoveries at any range, doctorjazz
cause we know you have good ears, experience and are dedicated to this sound pursuit!! thank you for your
time and efforts sharing your discoveries, in the listening room and on the dog walk!!!

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #16,474 of 35,319
Probably not the right thread to post this into, but:

I've been looking at the classifieds for quite some time and I'm bewildered that there's no functionality to filter ads by currency. I mean there are 3 primary areas that deals apply: US, Europe and UK. Why isn't there some simple functionality to let's say see only the ads in UK and Europe?

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #16,475 of 35,319
Sounds good idea and similarly I think there should be a UK / Europe version of this thread as American deals totally dominate. Totally meaningless for the old-world audience.

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #16,478 of 35,319
Aug 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #16,480 of 35,319
Aug 11, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #16,482 of 35,319
Struggling with getting the Westone Adventures.. I don't really need them.. and I stop listening to just about all my IEMs after the first two weeks and they just get piled up in a drawer..

Logic would say, for what.. move on. But.. I'm about 89% sure I'm going to pull the trigger and then not use them 2 weeks after I get them.. wth man.

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #16,483 of 35,319
Struggling with getting the Westone Adventures.. I don't really need them.. and I stop listening to just about all my IEMs after the first two weeks and they just get piled up in a drawer..

Logic would say, for what.. move on. But.. I'm about 89% sure I'm going to pull the trigger and then not use them 2 weeks after I get them.. wth man.
Refer to 12 Step Program in prior posts...

And don't expect anyone here to talk you out of it :wink:

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #16,484 of 35,319
It was on there before?! Can any purchasers chime in on how much it went for? 

UERM is on MD again https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-custom-in-ear-reference-monitors

Aug 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #16,485 of 35,319
It was on there before?! Can any purchasers chime in on how much it went for? 

UERM is on MD again https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-custom-in-ear-reference-monitors

This is a stellar deal. Just remember these are customs and will take awhile.

Please treat the folks at massdrop and UE, like humans. Didn't happen so much last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back