The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 7, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #15,166 of 35,319
Can't blame you, Spiderman.  A lot of folks wax on lyrical about selling here, but I have found it to be a giant PITA.  Fleabay may not be ideal, but it gets the job done and in my experience you have a better shot of extracting what your goods are worth at the moment.  Fees suck, but you also have some protections.

HS

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #15,167 of 35,319
  I was selling a new pair for that much plus shipping and paypal nobody wanted it so it ended up selling on ebay.

So you were selling a "new" pair for 120? Sounds like the kind of deal you can get any day on amazon warehouse

Can't blame you, Spiderman.  A lot of folks wax on lyrical about selling here, but I have found it to be a giant PITA.  Fleabay may not be ideal, but it gets the job done and in my experience you have a better shot of extracting what your goods are worth at the moment.  Fees suck, but you also have some protections.

HS

It's all about pricing... and having a readable entry. Otherwise if you price correctly it's incredibly easy to sell on here. There are obvious exceptions if you're trying to sell unpopular, uncommon, or very low priced gear.  
Any items above $100 are rarely worth selling on ebay due to their ridiculous fee structure. Sell an item for $600 on ebay and then turn around and give them $80 in fees.... No thank you. I'd rather sell it here for 550

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #15,168 of 35,319
The "For Sale" threads have changed a lot in the last year. I think it may be because the amount of scamming that has gone on this forum, the increase of manufacturers coming out with revisions of products which drops the price on their previous products, the influx into American markets of cheaper Asian brands (no opinion, just stating it) and the use of the mobile site on tablets and phones, which doesn't show people's signatures, which many use as ads.  

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #15,170 of 35,319
  So you were selling a "new" pair for 120? Sounds like the kind of deal you can get any day on amazon warehouse

It's all about pricing... and having a readable entry. Otherwise if you price correctly it's incredibly easy to sell on here. There are obvious exceptions if you're trying to sell unpopular, uncommon, or very low priced gear.  
Any items above $100 are rarely worth selling on ebay due to their ridiculous fee structure. Sell an item for $600 on ebay and then turn around and give them $80 in fees.... No thank you. I'd rather sell it here for 550

Last time I checked I went to school....a long while using English and I can post pictures.  Did not have joy selling on here.  I lost no value using fleabay, but agree the fees suck.  Having said that, it was far less hassle and my items actually sold vs stewing in their own juices here (for reference I'm talking about B&O H6's, HD700's which sold in a day).  I am getting ready to sell a minty Koss ESP-950 / E90 amp and with Fong Audio Koss to Stax adapter cable for use with Stax amps.  I may try here again...dunno.

I'm not arguing as much as I'm sharing my experience.  Feel free to look at the threads I posted if you're bored.  Photos were clear, pricing was reasonable based on what I received on fleabay, etc...  Granted, the folks here do not know me, but they don't know me on fleabay either.

HS

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #15,171 of 35,319

Having said that, it was far less hassle and my items actually sold vs stewing in their own juices here ...

Hey Sam!

Yes, the speed which stuff sells on eBay vs. here, might be an indicator of just how much larger the headphone market is than the number of active Head-Fi members. Posting a classified here at Head-Fi surely beats trying to sell our stuff at a yard sale, but eBay sales tell me there are a lot of headphone enthusiasts out there who aren't aware of Head-Fi.  I'm just conjecturing, of course.

smile.gif

Mike

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #15,172 of 35,319

Hey Sam!

Yes, the speed which stuff sells on eBay vs. here, might be an indicator of just how much larger the headphone market is than the number of active Head-Fi members. Posting a classified here at Head-Fi surely beats trying to sell our stuff at a yard sale, but eBay sales tell me there are a lot of headphone enthusiasts out there who aren't aware of Head-Fi.  I'm just conjecturing, of course.

smile.gif

Mike

Hey bud....great to see you here.  I'll drop you a pm to check in.  Hope all is well.

I guess I better post a sale or get the boot around here...LOL.

Meelectronics AirFi Matrix on massdrop.  I own these and use them with my iPhone 5s when the family is still sleeping.  The battery is crazy good.  Literally did not recharge them for weeks after the first charge.  A fun sound signature with a lot of impact down low and they've got some smarts...they speak to you such as "power on", 'power off", and "connected".  Great bang for the buck at $68.99 and free shipping if they hit the number.  Comfy too.  

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/meelectronics-air-fi-matrix2-af-62

Steve what's his name (Guttenberg) rated them...made the wall of shame, err fame.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bluetooth-headphoneheadset-survey-review

biggrin.gif

HS

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #15,173 of 35,319

Hey bud....great to see you here.  I'll drop you a pm to check in.  Hope all is well.

Meelectronics AirFi Matrix on massdrop.  I own these and use them with my iPhone 5s when the family is still sleeping.  The battery is crazy good.  Literally did not recharge them for weeks after the first charge.  A fun sound signature with a lot of impact down low and they've got some smarts...they speak to you such as "power on", 'power off", and "connected".  Great bang for the buck at $68.99 and free shipping if they hit the number.  Comfy too.  

Steve what's his name (Guttenberg) rated them...made the wall of shame, err fame.

biggrin.gif

HS

Committed at the cheapest but don't really need them. I would like to see what Aptx is all about though.

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #15,175 of 35,319
Xuelin ihifi770c on massdrop for $84.99. I have the ihifi770 and can say for sure that it sounds great. This one is supposed to sound the same. This is a great deal at this price.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #15,176 of 35,319
Awd have these for $72 shipped in very good condition. For those looking for it faster but slightly open boxed.

:D

HS

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #15,177 of 35,319

biggrin.gif

HS

I also have the Meelctronic Matrix and would agree that it's a nice sounding headphones. There is one short coming though. The headband extensions didn't go long enough to accommodate people with larger heads. The ear cups didn't cover the lower part of my ears. Changing the ear pads may help, such as HM5, or Turtle Beach pads. For most people, they should fit just fine.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #15,178 of 35,319
Jun 8, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #15,179 of 35,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back