The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #13,666 of 35,345
Parrot Zik 2.0 Bluetooth black, $299 (down from $399) at buysonic.com
Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Blue Tooth M2 AEBT black $349 (down from $499) at buysonic.com (only 3 left)

That 499 is MSRP and nobody really sells them at that price (even when newly released) unless it's Sennhesier themselves at their website.

I like my first gen Momentums though but I'd like to have some bigger ear pads...

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #13,667 of 35,345
That 499 is MSRP and nobody really sells them at that price (even when newly released) unless it's Sennhesier themselves at their website.

I like my first gen Momentums though but I'd like to have some bigger ear pads...

I have not been able to find anyone other than the buysonic link selling them at anything other than $499.  These are the second-gen over-ear bluetooth Momentums, introduced just last January

If you know of someone selling the brown or ivory ones at less than $499, please let me know, @rudyae86   Thanks!

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #13,668 of 35,345
I have not been able to find anyone other than the buysonic link selling them at anything other than $499.  These are the second-gen over-ear bluetooth Momentums, introduced just last January

If you know of someone selling the brown or ivory ones at less than $499, please let me know, @rudyae86
   Thanks!

Oh I misread that, this is the Bluetooth version you said. Lol although I don't know why there's a 150 dollar difference just for it being Bluetooth. If anything, I would just wait for these to fall in price on BF. Especially for the money savers like us. Money savers, I don't think that's even us in here lol

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #13,670 of 35,345
  I gotta wonder if now that Future Shop has been shuttered, we'll see any kinda of liquidation sales. They kinda closed down in the middle of the night and nobody seemed to know anything about it.

Unlikely, Best Buy will probably just move what inventory they can to their stores. An inventory blowout would just impact their existing stores sales.

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #13,672 of 35,345

Unlikely, Best Buy will probably just move what inventory they can to their stores. An inventory blowout would just impact their existing stores sales.

You're probably right. The FS web site just points you to the BB one now, and from what I remember they basically have the same inventory anyhow.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #13,673 of 35,345
Oh I misread that, this is the Bluetooth version you said. Lol although I don't know why there's a 150 dollar difference just for it being Bluetooth. If anything, I would just wait for these to fall in price on BF. Especially for the money savers like us. Money savers, I don't think that's even us in here lol

I mean, you CAN wait till the end of November, but that's most of a year away... IMO Black Friday isn't even worth thinking about right now. If I was saving and waiting till Black Friday, I could easily set aside enough "fun money" to buy something awesome +$1,000, probably around 2k. If I needed a BT closed headphone, $50 off a new headphone (that would be fun and helpful to review) would be a good deal.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #13,674 of 35,345
I mean, you CAN wait till the end of November, but that's most of a year away... IMO Black Friday isn't even worth thinking about right now. If I was saving and waiting till Black Friday, I could easily set aside enough "fun money" to buy something awesome +$1,000, probably around 2k. If I needed a BT closed headphone, $50 off a new headphone (that would be fun and helpful to review) would be a good deal.

Thats the reason I said to wait because by then, like you said...you will have moars money and spend it on something else better. Like myself...I was planning to buy the X7 and next thing I know, I bought myself a logitech G27 lol. So much for saving my money and buying the X7.

Now I need to wait for more delays on Project Cars.......smh

I know BF there really isnt that many deals and its usually a hit or miss but usually after christmas is when you see some good headphone deals. Only worth waiting for for BF (sort of) is the Sound Blaster Z which drops to about 60 bucks on Amazon. Sadly I had to return mine since the AMP was defective and wasnt driving my K7XX properly. My friends SB Z works wonderfully with my K7XX.

Thats why now that I didnt purchase the X7 and currently having the Recon3D, I need to be in here on the look out for a good amp at 150 bucks or less. The Cayin C5 has me very interested.......

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #13,675 of 35,345
Oh, my bad, don't wait till after thanksgiving, now we ought to wait till after Christmas? I mean, I'm all about saving up for something worthwhile, for example a $100 or less bluetooth speaker is just a waste of money, but at the same time I've also learned that you need to live your life, and a decent deal now that allows you to enjoy the product now is the better deal than waiting 10 months for "the best deal all year," which may not include what you were looking for.

Like I said, deals which may include what you want that may happen at the end of the year are ridiculous to talk about now at the beginning of spring, just like it doesn't help but only hurts people's feelings to talk about past deals which have expired.

Btw, you did see that the X7 has a CanJam coupon code exclusive to Headfi for $100 off, and that's about to end soon?

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #13,676 of 35,345
Speaking of waiting, this just came in from Lendmeurears: The team regret to inform you the dispatch of the VSD2/VSD2S will delayed. The first batch was supposed to be dispatched from 1st April while the second batch was supposed to be dispatched from 4th April.

However, we regret to inform you that the first batch of VSD2/VSD2S will now be dispatched from 6th April while the second batch 9th April. We apologise for the delay and disappointment. The delay was caused by a slight production delay in the units. We apologise for the disappointment and we hope that it does not cause too much inconvenience to you. We would gladly refund you the money if we had caused any inconveniences.

Some of you would be wondering if your order belonged to the first batch or the second batch. Initially, we had that worked out. For customer who saw the message stating that their order will be shipped on the 4th of April would have their order shipped on the 4th of April. For those who does not see the message, the order will be shipped on the 1st of April.

However, Vsonic had readjusted the quantities that they will ship to us for the first and second batch. Thus, some of the orders which belonged to the first batch might be shifted to the second batch. As of now, Vsonic had not communicated with us on the exact quantities yet. Once we know about it, we will reach out to those who are affected.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #13,677 of 35,345
I successfully avoided buying anything at Canjam and I'm happy to report that I just skipped 12 pages of this thread.  My wallet is thanking me.

(Little does it know, I'm going to buy the Dharma as soon as it's available!  lol)

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #13,678 of 35,345
I successfully avoided buying anything at Canjam and I'm happy to report that I just skipped 12 pages of this thread.  My wallet is thanking me.

(Little does it know, I'm going to buy the Dharma as soon as it's available!  lol)

dharma over he1k & ether? u were that impressed?

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #13,679 of 35,345
dharma over he1k & ether? u were that impressed?

He1k is amazing but it's $3,000.  I can't spend that much on a headphone, even tho I believe it's absolutely worth it.  I spent about 30 minutes listening to it just out of my Fiio X5 and it still sounded amazing and gave me chills on one song.  Obviously it sounded better out of a beefy amp, but it says something about how good it is when I can get that kind of reaction out of a $350 DAP.

Ether is also amazing, and I'm honestly still considering it.  The problem is that it's so good that it's completely transparent and sounds like your source gear.  I told Dan that I was worried I'd start amp rolling if I got them.  He pointed at his table with 8 different Amp/DAC setups and said, "You don't say...".  I spent over an hour with the Rag/Yggy/Ether combo yesterday and there wasn't a single song on my 64GB card that didn't sound great.

Dharma is the cheapest of the bunch ("only" $1200) and while it's not the most neutral or reference of the three, it is really fun and I had a really emotional/visceral reaction to the electrostatic mids and highs.  The only thing there that it sounded like was the SR-007 and SR-009.  Except it had way more bass.  And you can listen to it off any amp.  It was really weird to have that much bass that good of a treble and yet not feel like it was V-shaped in the slightest.

I spent a lot of time at the Dharma table and I am hoping to get a review unit once they get the final kinks worked out.  Listening to it on my own rig will really be the deciding factor.  

And I just realized that this is totally the wrong thread to be discussing this.  I'm going to be putting my impressions in a word doc and organizing my thoughts for a day or two then posting my own thread and linking it in the appropriate places.  It'll be way easier than subbing to 30 new threads or letting it get buried in the Impression thread.  More to come, folks...

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #13,680 of 35,345
  Screw it. Just picked up a Hifiman HE-400 and a Grado 325 for $300. Guess I'll find out in a few days... lol

For Both! The Grado 325 came with no box, but looked new or barely used. The HiFiman looked to be an open box. I emailed them for some more info as they don't have much listed for each item.

So I just got these today. Wow, what a deal. Both of them look unused. These are my first Grado's and HiFiman's, so I'm really excited.

Anyone know how to tell what model my 325 is??? Didn't come with a box. Also any recommendations on new pads for the Grado? I can already tell I'm not going to like the stock ones. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back