The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #9,961 of 35,319
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #9,963 of 35,319
is the k7xx based on the k712? or wats the diff 

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #9,965 of 35,319
Have you heard anything else from Moon Audio on if they'll be able to fulfill the HE-400 order?

Other than the original email from them saying they oversold and were contacting HiFiMAN to try and get more stock, I haven't gotten any update or received a refund to my PayPal account. I'm assuming they're still working on it. Hopefully we get an update relatively soon.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #9,966 of 35,319
  For those of us who purchased on Black Friday deals before thinking, and are now thinking about how to fit more headphones into our budget, I offer these hints:

1. Headphones, especially handsome ones, may also be regarded as fashionware - if your headphone budget is exhausted, charge them against your clothing budget;
  2. Headphones are often used in connection with health-enhancing activities, such as exercise, meditation, or even sleeping - charge them under Healthcare!
  3. (If really desperate and the above don't work):  Many of us hang headphones on hooks or place them on shelves in cabinets, or even get special stands for them.  These items then become headphone furniture, and so you can look to your Home Furnishings budget for extra funds ("Dear, I bought this mahogany beam with brushed-steel coat hooks for our Home, and these are just things to hang on those hooks!")

You're welcome!

One last suggestion: As a last resort, the headphone cord can make a suitable hangman's noose.......................Thank You!

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #9,968 of 35,319
Thought that this may be of interest -
The Lambert play it by ear headphone amp is being crowdfunded at indiegogo (I believe we can post crowdfunding sites).
It is a single ended Class A hybrid headphone amplifier (with a 12AU7 tube and a Mosfet).
The amp has a really good review at headphone.guru by dubstep girl (link below), and has several good comments by reviewers (video on crowdfunding site).
http://headphone.guru/the-lambert-play-it-by-ear-headphone-amplifier/

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #9,969 of 35,319
  Good for you.. I missed most the deals because I was at work,.  and to say the deals went slowly is laughable at best.

Just to clarify, I was talking about the deals last week, NOT Sunday. I do concede Sunday's deals went quickly, but my point is that if you joined the waitlists as soon as you could, you should have been able to get them. As I said, I didn't even know about Sunday's deals until both were already 100% Claimed and both Waitlists full. I realize refreshing pages every 30 seconds isn't so feasible at work.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #9,970 of 35,319
I got a sound blaster e1 on black Friday and the dt770 from guitar center. When I plug it into my cheap $200 netbook (going thru usb) the earphones (dt770 80 ohm) actually sound horrible coming out of the e1 and good directly out of the netbook. Is something wrong in this case or does the e1 just not work since it's so cheap?

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #9,971 of 35,319
Thought that this may be of interest -
The Lambert play it by ear headphone amp is being crowdfunded at indiegogo (I believe we can post crowdfunding sites).
It is a single ended Class A hybrid headphone amplifier (with a 12AU7 tube and a Mosfet).
The amp has a really good review at headphone.guru by dubstep girl (link below), and has several good comments by reviewers (video on crowdfunding site).
http://headphone.guru/the-lambert-play-it-by-ear-headphone-amplifier/

I placed my order for that little amp a couple of days ago. I've touched base with a few trusted ears and everyone says that amp is serious upper tier amping. March can't come to soon for me.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #9,972 of 35,319

Got mine in the mail today. Loving them to death. Sounds a lot like my old hd558's. What's the difference between the 558 and 598

My understanding is that they use the same driver and you can mod either to sound like the other.  They're very similar.

In other news, day 3 of the free HD tracks from Linn is up.

http://www.linn.co.uk/christmas

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #9,974 of 35,319
  Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohms. Still $129 at Guitar Center. Pickup or free delivery. Supervisor at call center says NOT a Black Friday/Cyber Monday continuation. Expects deal through December. However, If you think you want them, buy now. Super could be wrong. They have a 30 day return policy with no restocking fee.

Have been looking for a drop on these and missed it :/. Now shows "We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service.", anyway they'll be available again or even for pickup?

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #9,975 of 35,319
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-citiscape-downtown-headphone

Philips CitiScape Downtown for $30 at lowest price.  I seem to recall these being mentioned in Jude's seasonal buying guide as a pretty good headphone for the price.  Anyone have any experience with these? 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back