The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #8,356 of 35,326

So you mean I could just use the address of port forwarding company address(in New York) for both billing and shipping address, the transaction will proceed even if I did not input my  true address whcih  is in Philippines.
note: the country tab at the billling information only has United States in it,
I will try it now.

Yes. Just did that though not to the Philippines but outside US also.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #8,357 of 35,326
I will ONLY buy discounted Grado PS1000e.
I will ONLY buy discounted Grado PS1000e.
I will ONLY buy discounted Grado PS1000e!

HD600, HD650, IE800s... Get Thee Behind Me!!

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #8,359 of 35,326
That HD700 price almost convinced me to make the huge mistake of buying them. If only I could get over how awfully unnatural they sound and the nauseating tonality, then I could justify it. Sadly my brain has not forgotten.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #8,360 of 35,326
This statement may sound crazy, but I am tempted to hold off buying any of the Sennheiser products right now.  In my experience, like last year when the HD650 went down to $275 new, Sennheiser will sometimes release multiple promo codes that can be combined together.  Since this current promo code expires on December 31st, they may release another one that can be combined for a total of 45%, 50%, etc. off?

Is my thinking wrong or should I just buy today?

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #8,362 of 35,326
That HD700 price almost convinced me to make the huge mistake of buying them. If only I could get over how awfully unnatural they sound and the nauseating tonality, then I could justify it. Sadly my brain has not forgotten.

Not sure if this is troll bait or not, but I think they sound fantastic and couldn't disagree with you harder. In fact, they were my exclusive go-to cans for electronic and jazz for a long time even while owning the HD 650, which is one of the most tonally correct cans out there.

****ing on the HD 700 on head-fi is so passé.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #8,364 of 35,326
Not sure if this is troll bait or not, but I think they sound fantastic and couldn't disagree with you harder. In fact, they were my exclusive go-to cans for electronic and jazz for a long time even while owning the HD 650, which is one of the most tonally correct cans out there.

Not trolling. It's what my ears hear. Haven't ever heard a setup with them that didn't make my want to get them off my head ASAP.
Different strokes for different folks.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #8,366 of 35,326

I've heard that the HD700 would sound good if it weren't for a really crazy treble spike. That treble spike is supposedly very polarizing.  Did I hear wrong?

With the discount, it's $325 for me. 

I assume he's talking about the Outlet/used price.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #8,367 of 35,326

I've heard that the HD700 would sound good if it weren't for a really crazy treble spike. That treble spike is supposedly very polarizing.  Did I hear wrong?

A lot of people do mainly complain about the treble, but it honestly never bothered me. I don't know if it's because I only used them on a tube amp and it smoothed it out vs. solid state amps, or if it's worse on certain genres of music, or if my ears are just crap. It was never an issue, but YMMV.

I will agree though that if you mainly listen to classical or vocals, especially female, the HD 700 is not the best fit tonally. The HD 650 is much more suited.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #8,368 of 35,326

I assume he's talking about the Outlet/used price.

I think a tube amp would be a easy fix for treble and also hd700 is easy to drive compare to hd 650 and hd800. So hd700 is gonna be awesome i believe.

PLUS IF IT IS WORSE THAN HD650, IS SENN STUPID TO PRICE IT HIGHER THAN 650?

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #8,370 of 35,326

Getting nasty over another person's listening preferences is so passé. FYI, a lot of people dislike the way the HD700 sounds (including me), and you know what? That's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back