The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #2,206 of 35,346
My survey for Velodyne came through at 2:47am CST. Thanks Ianerhard13. I couldn't believe this could be true but I thought, what's one more spam email in my inbox. I just finished the questionnaire and I am really excited to try them. Many thanks again. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #2,207 of 35,346
  So I was just watching an online stream from CES where a rep from Velodyne was going over their new headphones. She said that if you sign up for their newsletter on their website this week, they will send you a pair of their vFree Bluetooth headphones. They're normally $300. I signed up myself and haven't received an email or anything. There's also no mention of this on their website. But I figure it's worth giving a try incase it does end up working. I have a feeling it was some kind of marketing tactic though.

Here's their website. The newsletter is near the bottom on the right.

http://velodyne.com/

Thanks!! 
Just finished my questionnaire. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,208 of 35,346
Got it thanks!

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #2,212 of 35,346
Many thanks to Velodyne for an easy freebie. This will likely generate a lot o good will for Velodyne. Thanks, also, to Velodyne for Not requiring a Facebook "Like."

I don't look good in hot pink, so I'll go for vFree in black.

Thank you Ianerhard13 for posting this promo...Tip o' the hat to you.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #2,214 of 35,346
  The questionaire hasnt been sent to me :frowning2:

In Gmail it was in my "Promotions" tab. And zilchm0nd, on the bottom of the home page there was this bar in which you would enter your email, but it seems to be gone so I'm guessing it's over?

Velodyne's headphones really didn't seem popular, and they have a new bluetooth model, so it doesn't surprise me too much that they're giving these away for free.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,216 of 35,346
  ...it seems to be gone so I'm guessing it's over?

The cut off time was the end of CES, so 4pm PST yesterday. If you didn't get to sign up during the 4 days of CES then unfortunately you won't receive the free pair.

I went with the silver vFree myself. Looks like they go for around $175 on Amazon, so Velodyne giving them out for free will possibly cause a decent bump in sales if they review well since they go for a very reasonable price.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,218 of 35,346

Velodyne's headphones really didn't seem popular, and they have a new bluetooth model, so it doesn't surprise me too much that they're giving these away for free.

They have a great basshead IEM but since they're not an audiophile brand they get ignored, that's why I'm not an audiophile. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #2,219 of 35,346
Yeah, other than the vPulse, I've yet to see a good review of their headphones. I have two pairs of their flagship vTrue somewhere in my house and they're probably my worst sounding headphones. I had a pretty decent relationship with their PR person until that review... I'm hoping these are better. It wouldn't be that hard.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,220 of 35,346
I didn't get it...then again Velodyne is pretty pissed at me for my vTrue review...

I actually laughed out loud reading the headfonics review.  thanks for that

Code:
 [color=rgb(102, 102, 102)]... The marketing speak says that the vTrue’s “bring a true sound experience to the most discerning of music lovers.” Yeah…no....[/color]

I went for silver vFree.  don't have any Bluetooth cans at the moment.  Curious to see how they fit in the mix.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back