The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 13, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #11,536 of 35,378
I just looked and unfortunately Fidelify is only for PCs with Windows. How do Mac implement sound drivers? Maybe the system sounds already sends the raw data to dacs without an internal mixer?

I'm a tech for PCs by trade but when it comes to Mac I'm clueless.

I'm new to mac as well so I am clueless as well haha. The Midi config screen has config output for unto 96khz and 32 bit audio for headphone out and any attached amps/dacs. Thats the closest thing to an audio driver that I found. But thats okay, am happy with the audio from spotify premium. Just to clarify, how do I max the audio quality from spotify?

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #11,537 of 35,378
Under settings should be a high quality stream button for both mac and pc. If you choose to make albums offline on a computer it automatically downloads in 320kbps. (Btw Fidelify is strictly streaming, no offline mode as Spotify is not releasing their table of content method to developers)

On mobile devices using apps you'll need to change both stream and download setting for extreme. Unless of course you're streaming on your mobile network and need to save data usage then pick your steam rate accordingly.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #11,538 of 35,378
Under settings should be a high quality stream button for both mac and pc. If you choose to make albums offline on a computer it automatically downloads in 320kbps. (Btw Fidelify is strictly streaming, no offline mode as Spotify is not releasing their table of content method to developers)

On mobile devices using apps you'll need to change both stream and download setting for extreme. Unless of course you're streaming on your mobile network and need to save data usage then pick your steam rate accordingly.

Hmm looks like my high quality option was unchecked, well thats fixed now :D

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #11,541 of 35,378
A matter of taste, I think.

From what I've heard about the current iterations of both phones, they sound surprisingly similar. Closer than one would expect, and closer than whatever differences may have existed between prior versions.

From my understanding, the 650s do still sound slightly warmer and more euphonic. But a lot of posts from folks who have owned both that I've seen recently have leaned towards the 600 for it's slightly more neutral signature. But they are very close these days, from what I've read.

Another benefit of the 600 is that they retail for less, which may or may not be important to you.

Short of listening to both phones to see what really floats your boat, it's really hard to know which one is the right one for your ears.

They seriously need to update the paint job on the 600's imo. I mean come on, plastic marble effect paint...really? Its like all the worst aspects of the 80's rolled into one. All they need is shoulder pads and to be divorced from Elizabeth Taylor to have the full hand :smile:

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #11,542 of 35,378
They seriously need to update the paint job on the 600's imo. I mean come on, plastic marble effect paint...really? Its like all the worst aspects of the 80's rolled into one. All they need is shoulder pads and to be divorced from Elizabeth Taylor to have the full hand :smile:
It's a good thing that you can't see it while it's perched atop your noggin. Unless you keep a mirror around you at all times for you to stare at yourself......

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #11,543 of 35,378

Just to clarify, how do I max the audio quality from spotify?

This is a little different on Mac.

Under the "Spotify" tab in the upper left hand corner of your Mac, select "Preferences" (or shortcut there with command comma).

Scroll down to "Playback" (5th box) and check "High Quality Streaming"

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #11,546 of 35,378
Just a friendly reminder for mac users who stream stuff: Amarra SQ

Also, that student deal on Spotify, is it limited to America or can it also work in Canada?

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #11,548 of 35,378
  Is that 320kbps also available when I stream those free albums I have been downloading? lol Just wondering since I have some singles and albums in google play.

that, i am not certain of.  i subscribe to the "all access" which gives me access to their entire library.  :)   there is an SQ streaming option (similar to what's pointed out on Spotify posts) to let you select low, medium and high quality. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #11,549 of 35,378

that, i am not certain of.  i subscribe to the "all access" which gives me access to their entire library.  :)   there is an SQ streaming option (similar to what's pointed out on Spotify posts) to let you select low, medium and high quality. 

Oh ok, yeah I have that set up to high quality. I was just thinking that maybe it can mean differently when downloading or streaming music that was given for free. You know how sometimes Free isn't always perfect lol but thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back