The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #11,147 of 35,373
Interesting. A few weeks ago I had a pair of D2000 posted in the classified forum for $275. They were in excellent condition but didn't get much attention. That was a much better deal than any of those D2000's on Amazon.
Sometimes, ppl don't mind paying extra to get the Amazon A-Z guarantee. It's a bane for sellers but good (Too good if you ask me.) protection for buyers.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #11,148 of 35,373
Yeah I know right? Mine was almost like new and it sat for a over a month before selling which I thought looks better than any I have seen.

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #11,149 of 35,373
sold my d2000 for 200bucks...i am a bummer. 
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #11,151 of 35,373
  sold my d2000 for 200bucks...i am a bummer. 
blink.gif

I kind of wish I haven't sold my D2000. I wanted to have a tune-up done on them to see if they can be upgraded to a level close to D5000. If I can find another D2000 for $200 I will jump on it immediately. :)

Sometimes we run into senseless buyers as well. Someone asked me to ship Grado's with box to Vancouver for $10.95. I didn't want to ship a $200 headphones to Canada without tracking. So I got the USPS online quote for International Priority Flat Box. He said he agreed to shipping with Priority Mail with tracking and wanted the exact shipping rate. I went to the postal office two days before Christmas, waited in line for 15 minutes, just so I can get the accurate shipping cost.

When I told him the rate was $36.35 and I would absorb the first $10. His senseless reply was "Sorry I am not going to buy your Gardo's, Have a good day." - Yeah right, that just ruined my day and wasted my lunch time. .

The story did end well though. The Grado's was later sold on Audiogon at the asking price plus shipping.
gs1000.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #11,153 of 35,373

Just save up for the Fostex TH600, its essentially much improved version of the D2000. (Fostex was the maker of the D2000 btw, Denon just sold them under their name)

Yes, TH600 is on my wish list. And yes I know Fostex manufactured those Dx000's for Denon. Recently I picked up a pair of D5000 in very good condition before I sold the D2000. So how do D5000 and TH600 compare? Thanks.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #11,154 of 35,373
Sometimes, ppl don't mind paying extra to get the Amazon A-Z guarantee. It's a bane for sellers but good (Too good if you ask me.) protection for buyers.

When I bought my ESP950 and had to return it, Amazon paid for return international shipping- any speed I wanted, and I just had to chat with the guys to tell them how much it cost (no proof or receipt needed)- and they even added a few extra dollars for my trouble. (I literally said, can you add a few bucks for the exchange rate, and they said no problem). They also reimbursed me for the 7% customs tax that I had to pay to get it in. On top of that, it had come with free shipping from the USA to Asia in just one week- in a huge box (the original Koss box was repackaged by Amazon into a bigger box) that was about the size of two check in luggages.

Amazon lost at least $300-$400 on that sale. But as a result, I will never shop anywhere else.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #11,157 of 35,373
Unless he bought it Amazon Inc and not just Fulfilled by Amazon. But yeah. +1. That's why I said Amazon's A-Z guarantee is TOO good.
wink.gif

Not trying to bad mouth Amazon. I LOVE Amazon too. They have the best prices (most of the time), the best customer services, the best return policy, and I have great experience with their Kindle support. I shop on Amazon all the time, even when the item costs a few dollars more because I know I can always count on their services.

I bought a Kindle and shipped to China for a friend about a year ago, The device failed to start after two months. Amazon offered to pay international shipping (any carrier) to send the device back to the U.S. for refund. (The device can not be serviced or exchanged in China even they have Amazon China there.)

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #11,158 of 35,373

Not trying to bad mouth Amazon. I LOVE Amazon too. They have the best prices (most of the time), the best customer services, the best return policy, and I have great experience with their Kindle support. I shop on Amazon all the time, even when the item costs a few dollars more because I know I can always count on their services.

I bought a Kindle and shipped to China for a friend about a year ago, The device failed to start after two months. Amazon offered to pay international shipping (any carrier) to send the device back to the U.S. for refund. (The device can not be serviced or exchanged in China even they have Amazon China there.)

QFT. Their customer service is second to none. Have gotten refunds back when most retailers would have just been like gtfo. I have done most of my online shopping from them the better part of 6 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back