The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #10,711 of 35,511

I don't mean to go off tangent on this deal thread but spending a little time discussing the features and qualities of a product may help us to determine if a deal is worth it.

this is fine. it is when the discussion goes completely irrelevant to the deal, and does nothing really to help people determine if a deal is worth it or not.

it's just common sense and consideration for others. :)

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #10,712 of 35,511

Thanks for this info.  I had to jump on a pair of these.

I've done my good deal for the day - at that price and with authorized dealer backup and warranty - you cannot go wrong - nice set of phones too!

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #10,713 of 35,511
  A happy GF/wife is more important than a shiny new toy, financial control or not.  :p

To an extent :p It is just not many outside this community understand why someone would need multiples of expensive IEMs and headphones LOL  Typically I just reply with why she needed that 11ntybillinth pair of shoes, dress or purse in a color/style she already owns...and we agree on a temporary truce :p  And while she likes to give me crap for my hobby and how I "cheat" on her when I disappear for long listening sessions, she is more than happy to "borrow" any and all of it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #10,714 of 35,511
Day 17 of you-know-what is up!  http://www.linn.co.uk/christmas

Track:Giant Steps
Album:Shock!
Artist:Gareth Williams Power Trio

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #10,715 of 35,511
  Sam Ash Music's eBay store has a couple of pair of like-new Shure SE535 for $295.77  - free shipping. Full warranty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-SE535-Triple-MicroDriver-Earphone-Bronze-Mint-1-year-warranty-/181572634667?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item2a4692882b

They burned though about 22 pair so far....

Authorized dealer

I see they've also got Shure SRH940 used, like new, Mint, original pkg, 1 year warranty for $189

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-SRH940-Pro-Reference-Headphones-Mint-original-pkg-1-year-warranty-/191446012103?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item2c931250c7

This item was used and tested by experts in a product training session and then immediately re-sealed in its original packaging with manuals and all factory included accessories. This item is guaranteed to be in "as new" condition and have no cosmetic imperfections This item is covered with a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

And used, like new Shure SE425 for $220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-SE425-Dual-High-Definition-In-Ear-Headphones-Clear-Mint-1-Year-Warranty-/181585875877?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item2a475c93a5

This item was used and tested by experts in a product training session and then immediately re-sealed in its original packaging with manuals and all factory included accessories. This item is guaranteed to be in "as new" condition and have no cosmetic imperfections This item is covered with a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #10,717 of 35,511
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #10,718 of 35,511
Any comparison between On1 and ESW9 available?

I have both. They sound quite different.

ON-1 has a really pumped up bass. It can often sound unbalanced. But if you're a basshead or listen to music that benefits from ample bass, these are up your alley. The sound is powerful and weighty. Very meaty sound that can verge on sounding unrefined, comparatively. Very bold and slightly brusque, but a good sounding can. Comfort is so-so; memory foam pads, but on-ear with a decent amount of clamp. Isolation from outside noise is good. A novel and unique headphone with a powerful, bold sound.

The ESW9, by comparison is more balanced, smoother, and more refined. Not as exciting, but makes the music sound beautiful. Lush, sweet, warm, and musical. On some systems it can sound too warm, but In the right system it's a musical and beautiful sounding headphone. Comfort is great; lamb skin covered on-ear pads, comfortable headband, and very moderate clamping force. Isolation from outside noise is not the best, however. An elegant looking, feeling, and sounding headphone.

When listening at home, I prefer the ESW9. But when I'm out at a cafe, I often prefer the ON-1 for the better isolation and bolder and livelier (if rougher) sound.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #10,719 of 35,511
I have both. They sound quite different.

ON-1 has a really pumped up bass. It can often sound unbalanced. But if you're a basshead or listen to music that benefits from ample bass, these are up your alley. The sound is powerful and weighty. Very meaty sound that can verge on sounding a bit unrefined, comparatively. Very bold and slightly brusque, but a good sounding can. Comfort is so-so; memory foam pads, but on-ear with a decent amount of clamp. Isolation from outside noise is good. A novel and unique headphone with a powerful, bold sound.

The ESW9, by comparison is more balanced, smoother, and more refined. Not as exciting, but makes the music sound beautiful. Lush and musical. On some systems it can sound too warm, but In the right system it's a musical and beautiful sounding headphone. Comfort is great; lamb skin covered on-ear pads, comfortable headband, and very moderate clamping force. Isolation from outside noise is not the best, however. An elegant looking, feeling, and sounding headphone.

When listening at home, I prefer the ESW9. But when I'm out at a cafe, I often prefer the ON-1 for the better isolation and bolder and livelier (if rougher) sound.

Thank you K.T. for a short but great review. I own the ESW9 and I would agree with your assessments about its sound quality, comfort and the classical look. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #10,720 of 35,511
Daily steals has the logitech Ultimate ears 350vi or 350vm headphone for 10.00$/83% off

https://www.dailysteals.com/p/40745/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Headset-with-Microphone-and-Volume-Control-for-iPhone-and-Android-Smartphones--Choice-of-350vi-or-350vm-?__r=1

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #10,721 of 35,511
  Daily steals has the logitech Ultimate ears 350vi or 350vm headphone for 10.00$/83% off

https://www.dailysteals.com/p/40745/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Headset-with-Microphone-and-Volume-Control-for-iPhone-and-Android-Smartphones--Choice-of-350vi-or-350vm-?__r=1

I have the 500vm and they sound ok. They lack punch, compared to my Soundmagic ES18.

The only reason I bought them was because I needed a mic for phone calls but even the mic was kind of bleh. Picks up to much noise, has 3 mics from top to bottom. Probably good if you are at home or something.

Dont know if these have 3 mics but if it doesnt, it might not pick up your voice very well either. YMMV though.

I just didnt like the sound overall and sounds like if they needed amping....

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #10,723 of 35,511
Sennheiser IE60 for $99 dollars at visions  http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=4&productId=25882&sku=IE60

Is this a good deal? I am looking for a fun bassy IEM in this price range and have brainwavz hm5 and Havi b3 pro 1 for my neutral needs. My VSonic VSD3 is on its way to be exchanged. Would these be an upgrade?

At this price I was mainly looking at Shure Se215 LTD or this

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #10,724 of 35,511
Sennheiser IE60 for $99 dollars at visions  http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=4&productId=25882&sku=IE60

Is this a good deal? I am looking for a fun bassy IEM in this price range and have brainwavz hm5 and Havi b3 pro 1 for my neutral needs. My VSonic VSD3 is on its way to be exchanged. Would these be an upgrade?

At this price I was mainly looking at Shure Se215 LTD or this

It's a decent deal. I've seen them go for $100 many times in the past month.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back