The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #9,289 of 35,338
You might as well get that he400 from Moon Audio for $199. It's a bass beast, V shaped as well but a focus-a pad from an he560 levels it out better for an all-arounder. The pads are $45 and are much more comfy. .

Thanks for the rec-- a little more than I'm looking to drop right now.  And I'm not really a huge bass-head-- skew more to the industrial side of electronic, with some neofolk in the mix, so interested in detail and tightness in the low end rather than seeing how big and deep the bass can reach.

Edit: now that I'm reading reviews though, I'm really tempted...

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #9,290 of 35,338
Free 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive anyone? I can't post links but you can go to tigerdirect.com and search for "PNY 128GB Turbo USB 3.0 Flash Drive and McAfee 2015 Multi Access 1 User 5 Devices - MMD15E Bundle". It costs $70 and you get a $70 rebate.

I haven't personally had any experience with tigerdirect rebates though... anyone knows if it's legit?

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #9,291 of 35,338
  Free 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive anyone? I can't post links but you can go to tigerdirect.com and search for "PNY 128GB Turbo USB 3.0 Flash Drive and McAfee 2015 Multi Access 1 User 5 Devices - MMD15E Bundle". It costs $70 and you get a $70 rebate.

I haven't personally had any experience with tigerdirect rebates though... anyone knows if it's legit?

Yup, they've been around forEVER.  I used to get their catalogues back before the Web was a thing (early '90s).  I already picked up one of these.  Best BF deal I've see all month.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #9,292 of 35,338

Great deal but kind of a hassle once you read the fine print.  You have to install the McAfee Multi Access and enroll in their auto renewal feature for the first 10 months of your subscription (after which you can cancel).  Never had any rebate experience with tigerdirect either.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #9,293 of 35,338

Great deal but kind of a hassle once you read the fine print.  You have to install the McAfee Multi Access and enroll in their auto renewal feature for the first 10 months of your subscription (after which you can cancel).  Never had any rebate experience with tigerdirect either.

Interesting, I didn't read that.  Oh well, still worth it.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #9,294 of 35,338
Tigerdirect is a legit site. Comparable to newegg in terms of company size, service, & reliability.

That being said, the fine print sucks. I guess that's the trade off for a free 128gb flash drive.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #9,295 of 35,338
You might as well get that he400 from Moon Audio for $199. It's a bass beast, V shaped as well but a focus-a pad from an he560 levels it out better for an all-arounder. The pads are $45 and are much more comfy. .

Thanks for the rec-- a little more than I'm looking to drop right now.  And I'm not really a huge bass-head-- skew more to the industrial side of electronic, with some neofolk in the mix, so interested in detail and tightness in the low end rather than seeing how big and deep the bass can reach.

Few headphones have as much detail and tightness in the low end as the HE400. I agree with Soundsgoodtome that FocusPad/FocusPad-A/Jergpad offer a significant improvement in both comfort and sound.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #9,296 of 35,338

Make suer to set a calendar reminder (or two, or three) to cancel!

Lots of folks complaining about the flash drive in the reviews. I'm guessing no one cares about the software. It has to be a really cheap flash drive, so I would not trust anything important on it.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #9,297 of 35,338
Make suer to set a calendar reminder (or two, or three) to cancel!

Lots of folks complaining about the flash drive in the reviews. I'm guessing no one cares about the software. It has to be a really cheap flash drive, so I would not trust anything important on it.

McAfee is horrible so it makes the deal not worth it. They have to pay/trick their customers into signing up.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #9,298 of 35,338

TBH I think the HE400 will serve you much better than even the DT990 being a planar magnetic. If you can spare the extra now I'd do it, otherwise I'm sure a BF sale on the DT990 is well priced as well and can't go wrong. The HE400 should be very good with a 600mw amp (O2 or Magni) or the E09K.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #9,299 of 35,338
Linn is giving away free hi-rez audio files!

Every day in December we’ll be giving away a different, free Studio Master track - the highest quality available, anywhere.

Choices include 24/192 FLAC or ALAC, as well as 24/96, 16/44 or MP3 320.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back