The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #7,726 of 35,334
Guys, Fidelio X1 has started to drop in price again, its currently at 250 on amazon. What does this mean? it means that any time from here to BF ( more likely on BF or after) the X1 could be on a ligthning deal or deal of the day.

From a poster who said to not really many headphone deals on BF......well its kind of true.

I would say though that your common headphones might get a discount or go on sale.....like Audio Technica M50x, AD900X, A900X, AD700x, and A700x. Sennhesier might drop the price on the 558s, 598s since those seem to be the ones that are bought the most. Some beyerdynamics like the COPs, maybe see the DT990 for 145 bucks like last time?

Oh the momentums on ears and over the ears have seen low prices in the past few weeks so they might sell momentums for 100 bucks again (best buy deal)

For now, that all I can remember from the past deals on BF. 

Other than that......the best deals for headphones are all year long....just like the Fidelio X1 that i got this year in January for 150 bucks.

and honestly, since the X2 is coming out soon, I am almost 100 percent sure that they will go for that price again within this month. When? Dont know but if you want to jump on it, add it to you wishlist and follow through the rest of the moment and keep checking every morning, during lunch, during dinner and before you go to sleep lol

Trust me....the way i found out the X1 went for 150 this last January was because i woke up at 5am in the morning during my vacation in Mexico and I just happend to check my wishlist on Amazon. As soon as I saw that the X1 was 150, I just did the 1 click button check out and bam. Almost felt like leaving MEXICO early just so I can try the X1s lol.

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #7,728 of 35,334
For me, even if the the X1 was $199 I would just pay 100 more for the X2...

lol. tats silly. by next yr the x2 will b xperiencing the same price drop

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #7,729 of 35,334
lol. tats silly. by next yr the x2 will b xperiencing the same price drop

One year in Head-Fi time is like a million years. By next year we will be able to direct stream music to our brain stem and all of this will be moot.

But on a serious note. One year of audio pleasure is worth way more than $50 or $100 for me. Not that I'm going for the X2 or anything. Don't need any more open cans. IEMs and closed cans are the way for me at this point. But if I was looking for something open in the $300 range the X2 will probably be my top choice.

I will coin the phrase *time value of audio*
very_evil_smiley.gif
(this time next year we'll be discussing the awesomeness of the X3)

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #7,730 of 35,334
On a completely unrelated note. Does anybody know if AccessoryJack have sales or discount codes? I'm thinking about buying their K3003. Looks like the best price online for the non-remote version. Anyone know anywhere better. (Yes I'm aware RazorDog has the remote version)

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #7,731 of 35,334
One year in Head-Fi time is like a million years. By next year we will be able to direct stream music to our brain stem and all of this will be moot.

But on a serious note. One year of audio pleasure is worth way more than $50 or $100 for me. Not that I'm going for the X2 or anything. Don't need any more open cans. IEMs and closed cans are the way for me at this point. But if I was looking for something open in the $300 range the X2 will probably be my top choice.

I will coin the phrase *time value of audio* :veryevil: (this time next year we'll be discussing the awesomeness of the X3)

this is offtopic, but from my understanding the x2 isnt a true upgrade but more a sidegrade in terms of sound signature from reviewers on its appreciation thread. kinda silly spending more $$ for the newest thing esp for dynamic dricer headphines that have no dramatic revolutions n tech recently. imo.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #7,734 of 35,334
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #7,735 of 35,334
Does anyone knows a place where i can buy STAX HPs with a better price?

Based on past years, do they get a lower price on BF?

pricejapan.com

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #7,736 of 35,334
this is offtopic, but from my understanding the x2 isnt a true upgrade but more a sidegrade in terms of sound signature from reviewers on its appreciation thread. kinda silly spending more $$ for the newest thing esp for dynamic dricer headphines that have no dramatic revolutions n tech recently. imo.

Its worth it if you had the x1 and sold it for 200 bucks used....(right here) and just spendung the additiinal 100 bucks doesnt hurt your wallet so badly :).

Also x3, whenever that comes out, wont cost 300 anymore. In Tylls review, i think he mentioned that Phillips next flagship headphone will be priced higher but of course, might be even be better than the x2. The price could easily be from 400-500.....by thrn, im probably going to stop buying headphones...........oooor noooot lol

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #7,738 of 35,334
I am kicking myself all morning for spending time to do research on Weston's W40 vs. Shure SE535LTD. The W40 was available on Amazon for $350 new.

Been there, done that...speaking of the X1's.....ahhhhhhh

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #7,739 of 35,334
They still have the W20 for $209.... (Normally $299)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back