The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #5,014 of 35,338
Was at my local Staples, and they had two pairs of UE6000s on clearance for $79. I had not heard them before, so I bought a pair. Went out to the car, listened to them for 15 minutes (such a Head-Fier thing to do, right?), and went back in and bought the other pair for my brother. :D

I also picked up a JBL Charge bluetooth speaker (blue) for $105, and they had several other bluetooth speakers and some headphones on clearance. I saw on Slickdeals someone else had posted about clearance at their Staples on bluetooth speakers.

Could be Staples is doing some inventory clearance on mobile electronics. Might be worth checking your local Staples if interested.

May 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #5,016 of 35,338
Tigerdirect used to sell them for $70, even less if you use their mailing rebate system (like $30). Too bad the pair I got from them was defective.

Too bad you couldn't have gone out in the car and tried them, and then returned them if you didn't like them or they were defective :wink: :)

Not that you probably care, but I don't buy from Tigerdirect. I don't care for their customer service. Years ago, they used to bait and switch if they out of stock on something.

May 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #5,019 of 35,338
Was at my local Staples, and they had two pairs of UE6000s on clearance for $79. I had not heard them
before, so I bought a pair. Went out to the car, listened to them for 15 minutes (such a Head-Fier thing to do, right?), and went back in and bought the other pair for my brother. :D

I also picked up a JBL Charge bluetooth speaker (blue) for $105, and they had several other bluetooth speakers and some headphones on clearance. I saw on Slickdeals someone else had posted about clearance at their Staples on bluetooth speakers.

Could be Staples is doing some inventory clearance on mobile electronics. Might be worth checking your local Staples if interested.

Not sure what is going on with the other clearance, but the UE6000 are being discontinued by manufacturer according to what is labeled on amazon for the headphone. They are selling the UE6000 for $81.00 free shipped.

May 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #5,022 of 35,338

Was at my local Staples, and they had two pairs of UE6000s on clearance for $79. I had not heard them
before, so I bought a pair. Went out to the car, listened to them for 15 minutes (such a Head-Fier thing to do, right?), and went back in and bought the other pair for my brother.
biggrin.gif

Not sure what is going on with the other clearance, but the UE6000 are being discontinued by manufacturer according to what is labeled on amazon for the headphone. They are selling the UE6000 for $81.00 free shipped.

Or for $75 shipped from an eBay seller.

May 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #5,023 of 35,338
Is that a good deal or will there be a better deal? Amazon has been selling those for $299, right?

Razordog has the best deal right now: $239 for b-stock. Not likely to ever see any better price from a retailer. These are most likely customer returns where someone just decided the headphone wasn't for them. Razordog is a popular vendor on Head-Fi with a good reputation. If I didn't already have HE-400s and were looking to buy, I wouldn't hesitate to get those from Razordog.

May 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #5,025 of 35,338
Razordog has the best deal right now: $239 for b-stock. Not likely to ever see any better price from a retailer. These are most likely customer returns where someone just decided the headphone wasn't for them. Razordog is a popular vendor on Head-Fi with a good reputation. If I didn't already have HE-400s and were looking to buy, I wouldn't hesitate to get those from Razordog.

+1 Got mine from RD, could not be happier with their service. I have heard really good things about their b-stock too. I'm sure they will throw in the velours if you ask too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back