The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #4,996 of 35,338
May 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4,997 of 35,338
May 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #4,999 of 35,338
  The meelecs are great for gifts and I always get in on the mee what fun. Of course, most meelecs aren't anything special but for this money you can't go wrong, so I don't see why scores and reviews have to be discussed when we're talking about 12 bucks - I doubt someone is expecting a hi-fi sound from these (or at least I hope so). And yeah, most meelecs are pretty durable.

I'm not saying this isn't a good deal, just saying there is a 75% chance of receiving a mediocre headphone for $20, just not trying to get peoples hopes up. 

May 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5,000 of 35,338
Just remember that they do this event to clear out old stick. Sure they throw in a few of the more desirable models as the proverbial 'carrot', but few will get those.
If you go in happy knowing you'll be getting the lower tier models, then you won't be disappointed.
I do these occasionally with plans to gift them.

May 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,001 of 35,338
Of course, but I don't think anyone goes in in hopes to score headphones belonging to Summit-Fi, so to say. For $11 you go in to score something you can throw around, with little to no worries about them breaking.

If it dies, it dies - Ivan Drago, Rocky IV

May 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #5,003 of 35,338
Of course, but I don't think anyone goes in in hopes to score headphones belonging to Summit-Fi, so to say. For $11 you go in to score something you can throw around, with little to no worries about them breaking.

Exactly. I don't know why everyone else here is assuming those who are buying the deal are not aware of this :)

May 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5,004 of 35,338
These are back again on Neweggflash for $27.99 : http://www.neweggflash.com/product/N82E16826586037

Newegg.com has a special on Neweggflash sales of a Scosche Realm Rh600 headphones for $27.99 USD in black or white color.

Not many of us here at Head-Fi would consider buying Scosche for headphones. But these are very good portable headphones with good build quality except for earcups which I believe the plastic to be a little thin. The headphones have a very good aluminum headband that needs to be bent for fitment. And you will probably have to replace the earpads for comfort's sake.

When you do the above for comfort you hopefully be rewarded with a fairly competent headphone. The SQ of this headphone really surprised me. It is fairly well balanced with maybe a mid-centric touch will good bass response (not bloated or and mid-bass bump as much as I can perceive). And the treble is decent with good extension. The headphones really need to burned-in for about three days to sound their best. The soundstage isn't the widest or deepest but these are supposed to be small portable headphones; instrument location is good and they are very efficient (no need for amplification).

I believe to be a very good value at Newegg's sale price.

May 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #5,005 of 35,338

If it dies, it dies - Ivan Drago, Rocky IV

Right, and I simply made my comment because, to me, the driver flex makes these worth nothing to me. I can't even turn my head without it being an issue with their stuff. If you are sensitive, steer clear of anything meelec unless you get something with BA. I have two pairs from former mee what deals that have sat in my desk drawer since the day I got them. I suppose I should just give them away.

Not dissing the company, I like the idea of their products, just saying it is an issue. I really like the design of the sport fis and really wanted to make them work for me. Instead I use the $6 pannys from amazon at the gym.

May 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #5,006 of 35,338
Creative Aurvana 3 are a pretty good set of dual-driver BA IEMs that retail for $150. 
 They are now $77 new or $47 used on Amazon. They have been as low as $60 new I believe, but still a good deal at this price!

I had them and the Shure SE425 at the same time and they were comparable (smooth, mid-centric)...
AFAIK these have consistently been the best deal out there for a dual-BA IEM

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana--Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B004SNCZ3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400348731&sr=1-1&keywords=creative+aurvana+3

May 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #5,007 of 35,338
Anyone have deals on IEMS for 50-80 that's actually worth 80-150?

Creative Aurvana 3 are a pretty good set of dual-driver BA IEMs that retail for $150. 
 They are now $77 new or $47 used on Amazon. 
They have been as low as $60 new I believe, but still a good deal at this price!

I had them and the Shure SE425 at the same time and they were comparable (smooth, mid-centric)...

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana--Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B004SNCZ3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400348731&sr=1-1&keywords=creative+aurvana+3

May 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #5,008 of 35,338
Right, and I simply made my comment because, to me, the driver flex makes these worth nothing to me.

Well, every headphone has something wrong with them that is a deal breaker for somebody. And you don't have to buy them. There are plenty of other people that find the Meelecs to be OK, which makes this a good deal for $12 and a couple dollars in shipping since even the cheapest IEM one might receive are over 50% off. There are TONS of worse ways to spend that amount of money for IEMs :)

May 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #5,009 of 35,338
I have those, they sound fantastic indeed. Didn't know they compete with the Se425!
 They are now $77 new or $47 used on Amazon. 
They have been as low as $60 new I believe, but still a good deal at this price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back