The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #26,131 of 35,333
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #26,133 of 35,333
With the 20% off eBay coupon I picked up a couple of Corpse Cable Grave Digger cables (one for my HD 800 and another for my Focal Elear/Elex), a vintage remote for a Yamaha cassette deck and a few type II cassette tapes.

I used the last 20% off to get a Cardas Clear for my Utopia. What I wonder, is who pays the 20%? Are all vendors forced to participate?

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #26,134 of 35,333
What I wonder, is who pays the 20%? Are all vendors forced to participate?

It is totally paid for by eBay. The seller (I am a regular seller) gets full price. I have seen many sellers raise their prices during these sales, but that is to increase profit margins on hot items that will probably sell out, not because eBay is taking a cut.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #26,135 of 35,333
dang i missed out on this deal. i was working at one of my clients which is a medical surgery center (IT work) and they have ebay and paypal both blocked and i just got home, funny thing is that head fi is not blocked lol. hopefully they will run this again for the 4th of july

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #26,136 of 35,333
There's a deal for Fidue A83 on amazon for only $160. I dont think I've ever seen it so cheap.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #26,137 of 35,333
Man, I don't know whether I bought the stuff or not,
I applied the coupon. it works, and then I put in my credit card number, it said thank you and I get some cash back.
But I can't find it in my purchase list, anyone know what happend?

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #26,138 of 35,333
I received the 1MORE today, after 20 minutes of listening my first impression was meh... Then I went to see Depeche Mode here in Brooklyn (Nothing can compare to a concert experience :heart:) and I left the headphones running through my DAP for a couple of hours, I just can back 30 minutes ago and I can't stop listening music, this are really fun! especially for Metal:metal: I definitely would pay $179.99, the offer expired this Monday 11 :wink:.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #26,139 of 35,333
Received this from Burson sales email. For those Interested.

Introducing Fun: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/fun/

Powered by the revolutionary Burson Max Current Power Supply (MCPS),Fun is a dual mono Class-A head amp and preamp with added Microphone input.

Outputting 2Wpc@32ohm and shares the same amplification stage as our flagship Conductor, This is serious Fun.

Tailor its sound through opamp rolling. Fun is the opposite of boring.

Starting at just 299USD, it's easy to have Fun.
Shipping on the 15th of June.
Pre-Order now and receive 15% off. (Enter this code EARLYBIRD on checkout, offer ends on the 15th of June)

Introducing Bang: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/bang/

Bang is a dual mono Class AB stereo power amplifier outputting 40Wpc@4ohm. It is powerful, fast, transparent and very musical.

If born earlier, Bang would be big and heavy. Bang would sit proudly on the top shelf of any audio dealership and would have the price tag to reflect its capacity. Instead, Bang is just 9 inches (23cm) in footprint. This is possible because we are powering Bang with 4 sets of Burson MCPS. The resulting sound is detailed, powerful and always engaging.

Live happily with Bang or change its opamps. Bang will grow with your evolving preference.

Starting at just 499USD, Its a Bang for the buck.
Shipping on the 15th of June.
Pre-Order now and receive 15% off. (Enter this code EARLYBIRD on checkout, offer ends on the 15th of June)

Bang + Fun or Bang + Play

To celebrate the release of Fun and Bang, we are offering some limited time combo deals. Please check them out here.
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/bang/
Pre-Order now to receive a further 15% off. (Enter code EARLYBIRD at the checkout, offer ends on the 15th of June)

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #26,140 of 35,333
$120 HE400i!:)

DSCN2091.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #26,141 of 35,333
$120 HE400i!

Congratulations on an excellent deal.

Be gentle with the yokes, that is the curved pieces which hold the cups to the headband. I pull mine on and off my head holding the joint above the yokes. Be sure to give them plenty of power. They are sensitive enough to play from most portable devices, but even a cheap but good DAC+amp can drive them to close to peak performance. My SMSL M3 and Micca OriGen G2 both have more than enough power, while my FiiO Q1 can only push them to loud, which is still very good.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #26,142 of 35,333

Be gentle with the yokes, that is the curved pieces which hold the cups to the headband. I pull mine on and off my head holding the joint above the yokes. Be sure to give them plenty of power. They are sensitive enough to play from most portable devices, but even a cheap but good DAC+amp can drive them to close to peak performance. My SMSL M3 and Micca OriGen G2 both have more than enough power, while my FiiO Q1 can only push them to loud, which is still very good.

Thank you so much for reminding! I try several amplifiers of what I have and to my surprise, my OTL amplifier can drive it very well!

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #26,143 of 35,333

The yokes were a problem with older hifiman 400 series using the plastic yokes when those yokes were supplied by 1 of several third party manufacturers. Meaning, unless it is older stock, it isn't likely to fall apart. Even if it is, he only has a chance to get a headphone with those yokes supplied by that third party vendor.

My advice is the opposite. Give them a good smack or twist that shouldn't damage the yokes if they are made right. If they crack, break or fall apart right away then send them back. Better than using them for a month or two before they fall apart while wearing them or on a stand.

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #26,144 of 35,333
I received the 1MORE today, after 20 minutes of listening my first impression was meh... Then I went to see Depeche Mode here in Brooklyn (Nothing can compare to a concert experience :heart:) and I left the headphones running through my DAP for a couple of hours, I just can back 30 minutes ago and I can't stop listening music, this are really fun! especially for Metal:metal: I definitely would pay $179.99, the offer expired this Monday 11 :wink:.

Awesome! Mine are on the way. Being in Canada, I couldn't buy via the h1707's via 1moreusa.com. I called and explained my situation, and was provided with the equivalent discount code for me to use on amazon.ca. Excellent deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back