The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Oct 2, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #24,391 of 35,333
Oct 2, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #24,392 of 35,333
Oct 3, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #24,395 of 35,333
Stand not included.... Really, ya think they could throw that in???
I believe the stand is steal for another €13,000.

Honestly though, if I earned a good chunk more than I do now, I'd probably grab the Moon audio deal and call it quits right there!

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #24,397 of 35,333
Not sure if this qualifies as a "deal," though the pre-order will definitely be discounted vs final retail. Check this out: http://www.zmfheadphones.com/the-auteur/

Backstory:
You should know upfront that I'm a ZMF fanboy--the "house sound" of Zach's headphones is a dream come true for me. I obsessed over ZMF's then-flagship planar (T50P mod), the Omni (since renamed the "Ori")--then finally bought one late last year. Amazing-sounding and beautiful headphones for ~$900 brand new. That's a lot of money for me; on the other hand, I've become aware the new "bar" for endgame headphone pricing is ~$4K and up--so the Ori has to be considered a deal.

I've also extensively auditioned the later ZMF endgame design, the Eikon (a closed back biodynamic; ~$1300 new)). It's easily the best headphone I've ever heard in multiple aspects of sonic reproduction. I have been jonesing for the very similar, but reportedly more bassy & euphonic design, the Atticus, all this year (~$1100 new).

And now Zach has come out w/multiple iterations of an "80% open" variation of the Eikon called "the Auteur." Retail prices start a couple 100 above the Eikon, w/a "Special edition" in the $1,800 range. I'm not sure I want or can afford an $1,800 headphone, but I'm damn sure going to audition these headphones (and the Atticus) at CanJam/NYC this February.

But here the thing about ZMF, and the reason I'm listing this stuff here: they offer headphones that any sane person would regard as TOTL/endgame in sound, plus feature unusually handsome wood earcups--and the top dog design doesn't even cross the $2K price-point.

I've heard some great things about the Utopia--but also a lot of not-so-great things. Check all the review of the Ori, Eikon, and Atticus. You'll hear a lot of very positive things, even praise, and very very little criticism. The worst thing people say about ZMF designs is that they're not the last word in "accuracy" and/or "resolution" (ie, headphones as sonic electron microscope). But that's actually 100% consistent with the voicing of ZMF headphones, and all good for listeners like me....

Oct 4, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #24,399 of 35,333
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #24,400 of 35,333
All of Audio Pro's line of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Speakers have a 40% off coupon code now on Amazon. Free shipping and no tax for most. I do not believe they have been discounted from list price before.

If you are not familiar with Audio Pro, they are an old and well regarded Swedish speaker brand that is sold around the world but have never made much impact in the US. The wireless products on sale have gotten excellent reviews. The T series is Bluetooth with aux in. The smallest T3 is the only one with a battery. The C Series adds Linkplay system Wi-Fi - which is compatible with Spotify Connect, Pandora, Airplay, DLNA and other streaming services providing synced multi-room capabilities. Click on the 40% Off coupon on each individual listing page for the price cut.

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #24,402 of 35,333
DUNU DK-3001 3 BA + 1 DD IEMs at Shenzhenaudio for $420.
https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/dunu-...drivers-detachable-cable-in-ear-earphone.html

I purchased these last time they were at this price from Shenzhen, and they are utterly fantastic. A slightly v-shaped sound with among the best bass I have heard in any configuration. I rarely editorialize my deal posts, but these are some very overlooked IEMs that deserve some love. Check out the thread and reviews for them:
https://head-fi.org/threads/dunu-dk-3001-iem-4-driver-1dynamic-3ba.852732/
https://head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-t...hone-for-high-resource-sound-generator.22237/

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #24,404 of 35,333
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #24,405 of 35,333
i don't get it about adorama, many links that get posted for a discount price are not what you see once you click the link

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back