The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #23,986 of 35,334
It's been a pain to get the promised statement credits with the Amazon Prime store card, in my experience. Sometimes you get them, others times you don't and have to contact them and complain, sometimes more than once for the same purchases. And since it typically takes 2-3 billing cycles for the cash back to show up as a statement credit (that is, when they do show up), you have to keep good track of your purchases and keep after them to get your statement credits. I've stopped using it. That's been my experience. YMMV. But lots of poor reviews about this credit card on Amazon.

Interesting. I just take my rewards in the checkout process for subsequent purchases. I never audited the points to make sure I was getting 5% back. Will start now. Thanks.

Update: I just looked at all my statements, all all points due me are reflected on the statement.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #23,987 of 35,334
Jul 1, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #23,988 of 35,334
Jul 1, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #23,990 of 35,334
I didn't see the HD600 on the 10% back list.

I don't know, the deal shows up when I go through checkout and I selected it from the list. Maybe they removed it? I just checked and it seems to work from any listing though. Lists it as an eligible item for an additional 5% statement credits on top of the regular 5% when you select the Store Card to pay. Short of buying it to see, I'm afraid that's about as certain as I can be.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #23,992 of 35,334
Ah ha!

I figured out why I don't see the bonus. I have an Amazon Prime Visa Signature card, not the Amazon Prime Store card. I went with the Visa card since it doubles the warranty. I didn't see any advantage to the store card, until now.

That also might explain the differences in the quality of rewards distribution.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #23,993 of 35,334
Ah ha!

I figured out why I don't see the bonus. I have an Amazon Prime Visa Signature card, not the Amazon Prime Store card. I went with the Visa card since it double's the warranty. I didn't see any advantage to the store card, until now.

I did the same thing! Forgot I even had a Store Card.

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #23,994 of 35,334
Here is a link to the eligible headphones. Quite a few Beyerdynamics and Audio-Technicas, but the gem so far is the HD600.

So I've had Prime for years and think I let my Amazon CC lapse. Are the deals only good for Amazon's own card? Or will my regular CC have same benefits.

So it looks like Prime day is coming up July 11th...

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #23,995 of 35,334
Ah ha!

I figured out why I don't see the bonus. I have an Amazon Prime Visa Signature card, not the Amazon Prime Store card. I went with the Visa card since it doubles the warranty. I didn't see any advantage to the store card, until now.

Yes, I believe the Visa Signature card give you points. I know the Prime Store Card, issued by Synchrony Bank, gives (or at least is supposed to give) a 5% cash back statement credit for all purchases sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The Prime Store Card is the one I've had issues getting the statement credits for and that's the one offering this deal of 10% back on musical instruments (including some headphones) sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #23,996 of 35,334
PlusSound 10% off storewide from 7/3 to 7/4.

Jul 3, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #23,997 of 35,334
Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #23,998 of 35,334
Regarding the HE-560 at a good price. Bopo Tech, via walmart, is selling it for $399. Which Bopotech and walmart say it comes with a warranty, neither is listed on the HiFiMan web site. You can add a Walmart extended warranty plan with will cover the headphones after the 1st year for an addition 2 or 3 years. It's an odd deal, but if you are willing to take a chance, it might be a good deal.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HIFIMAN-HE560-Over-Ear-Full-size-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones/51251704

I know one guy that purchased it, and it seems legit. Images here.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #23,999 of 35,334
Regarding the HE-560 at a good price. Boo Tech, via walmart, is selling it for $399. Which Bopotech and walmart say it comes with a warranty, neither is listed on the HiFiMan web site. You can add a Walmart extended warranty plan with will cover the headphones after the 1st year for an addition 2 or 3 years. It's an odd deal, but if you are willing to take a chance, it might be a good deal.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HIFIMAN-HE560-Over-Ear-Full-size-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones/51251704

I know one guy that purchased it, and it seems legit. Images here.

Do you happen to know, is this the new version with 2.5mm jacks? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back