The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #23,971 of 35,330
Cool. If you don't need DSD, checkout Schiit Fulla 2 for $99. If you can live without USB bus powered then Schiit Modi Multi-bit (real multi Bit) is $249.

Edit - they also have a tube amp Vali 2 for only $169.

I am curious about the "real multi bit" comments - are you saying the iFi nano iOne is NOT a real multi-bit DAC?
I do not need DSD (all my files are FLAC), so I guess PCM is what I need anyhow.
USB bus-powered is preferred but not absolute must. Is the Schiit Modi Multi-Bit (Mimby) a definite step-up from the iOne? I like a lot of cool things the iOne can do (and Mimby cannot), but at the end of the day - sound quality of the DAC is the most important metric.

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #23,972 of 35,330
I am curious about the "real multi bit" comments - are you saying the iFi nano iOne is NOT a real multi-bit DAC?
I do not need DSD (all my files are FLAC), so I guess PCM is what I need anyhow.
USB bus-powered is preferred but not absolute must. Is the Schiit Modi Multi-Bit (Mimby) a definite step-up from the iOne? I like a lot of cool things the iOne can do (and Mimby cannot), but at the end of the day - sound quality of the DAC is the most important metric.

Best to checkout the Modi thread for details. Also it's best to keep R2R DACs on 24x7 so don't need to worry about powering off/on.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/happy-as-a-pig-in-schiit-introducing-modi-multibit.815368/

No, iFi Nano is not an R2R Multi-Bit DAC. iFi is a solid brand, but if you are looking for just a DAC, Schiit is hard to beat for price/performance.

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #23,973 of 35,330
All right, everyone, let's end the off-topic stuff. Take it to a different thread, and let's return to posting and discussing deals.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #23,974 of 35,330
All right, everyone, let's end the off-topic stuff. Take it to a different thread, and let's return to posting and discussing deals.

Sorry. My bad.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #23,975 of 35,330
LG V20 (US996, 64GB version) for $379.99

https://www.dailysteals.com/products/lg-v20-smartphone-us996-64gb-gsm-cdma-unlocked

*Don't select a warranty. At shopping cart/checkout screen also select no warranty. Apply promo code CHPSKTV20 during checkout*

Found deal via CNET newsletter (SOURCE) and I've never used dailysteals before, so if anyone has any legit reservations about the online retailer, vocalize for fellow shoppers. Otherwise, cool beans. Great phone BTW, as a lucky owner myself.

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #23,976 of 35,330
LG V20 (US996, 64GB version) for $379.99

https://www.dailysteals.com/products/lg-v20-smartphone-us996-64gb-gsm-cdma-unlocked

*Don't select a warranty. At shopping cart/checkout screen also select no warranty. Apply promo code CHPSKTV20 during checkout*

Found deal via CNET newsletter (SOURCE) and I've never used dailysteals before, so if anyone has any legit reservations about the online retailer, vocalize for fellow shoppers. Otherwise, cool beans. Great phone BTW, as a lucky owner myself.

And if you'd prefer a more trusted company plus a lower price of $370: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1285960-REG/lg_lgus996_ausatn_lg_v20_4gb_ram.html

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #23,980 of 35,330
I was going to place an order but the price has gone back to $549. Does'nt sale run through 7/15?

That's what they had listed. This may have had the old "while supplies last" caveat, and I would imagine they sold out pretty fast. Last time the sale only lasted about 12 hours, but it also didn't have an end-date specified. Sorry about that. I won't trust those dates in the future. They run that sale fairly often, but I guess it should always be considered a flash sale.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #23,981 of 35,330
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #23,982 of 35,330
For those shopping on Amazon, beware. There is a fresh crop of fraudulent third party sellers that just came out of the woodwork to take your money--just in time for the Fourth of July weekend. Keep an eye on the usual attributes that we have discussed in detail on this thread.

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #23,983 of 35,330
If you have Amazon prime and the Amazon prime credit card, you get 10% back on many "musical instruments", which include many headphones and a few DACs. Info here

Also, prime day is coming, and Amazon is advertising additional cash back on "1000s of items" when the card is used on prime day.

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #23,984 of 35,330
If you have Amazon prime and the Amazon prime credit card, you get 10% back on many "musical instruments", which include many headphones and a few DACs. Info here

Also, prime day is coming, and Amazon is advertising additional cash back on "1000s of items" when the card is used on prime day.
It's been a pain to get the promised statement credits with the Amazon Prime store card, in my experience. Sometimes you get them, others times you don't and have to contact them and complain, sometimes more than once for the same purchases. And since it typically takes 2-3 billing cycles for the cash back to show up as a statement credit (that is, when they do show up), you have to keep good track of your purchases and keep after them to get your statement credits. I've stopped using it. That's been my experience. YMMV. But lots of poor reviews about this credit card on Amazon.

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #23,985 of 35,330

Here is a link to the eligible headphones. Quite a few Beyerdynamics and Audio-Technicas, but the gem so far is the HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back