The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 17, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #16,639 of 35,328
This isn't a deal, but I thought I'd share this article about how Amazon (where many deals are posted from) treats its employees. I'm on my phone so this is a mobile link.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?referrer=

I know some of us have been wondering how obvious switcharoos can pass so easily without notice. This following paragraph may shed some light on why it happens so often in their warehouse.

In Amazon warehouses, employees are monitored by sophisticated electronic systems to ensure they are packing enough boxes every hour. (Amazon came under fire in 2011 when workers in an eastern Pennsylvania warehouse toiled in more than 100-degree heat with ambulances waiting outside, taking away laborers as they fell. After an investigation by the local newspaper, the company installed air-conditioning.) 

When having to pack an expected amount in a set period of time, headphones are headphones (even if they are bright pink? :p ), I guess? Probably not the employees' fault when having to perform under such pressure.

Long, but a good early morning read for us AWD deal seekers.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #16,641 of 35,328
I know some of us have been wondering how obvious switcharoos can pass so easily without notice. This following paragraph may shed some light on why it happens so often in their warehouse.
When having to pack an expected amount in a set period of time, headphones are headphones (even if they are bright pink? :p ), I guess? Probably not the employees' fault when having to perform under such pressure.

Long, but a good early morning read for us AWD deal seekers.

Too long for me to read right now.

Most jobs in America have performance evaluations and often have minimal standards. All jobs I have had you can be fired if you are too slow at performing your job. So unless Amazon is keeping people who repeatedly make mistakes at achieving their packing rate standards and Amazon is not working to improve their error rate, I'm not sure I understand your complaint.

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #16,643 of 35,328
Too long for me to read right now.

Most jobs in America have performance evaluations and often have minimal standards. All jobs I have had you can be fired if you are too slow at performing your job. So unless Amazon is keeping people who repeatedly make mistakes at achieving their packing rate standards and Amazon is not working to improve their error rate, I'm not sure I understand your complaint.

Not a complaint. Just sharing what may have happened with the pink headphones that were supposed to beyers (and other AWD switcharoos). I posted it here for people (who have been burned by a bad AWD purchase) to read, so they are not to be so quick to blame the warehouse employees (under those alleged conditions and pressure).

I don't want to derail the thread, so we can discuss in a pm if needed.

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #16,644 of 35,328
Holy duck I'm going to buy the HD600, can I trust this seller. Feedback feedback. After I lost a DAC I think I should buy headphones
tongue.gif

I have a very reputable freight forwarder to compliment this vendor.  They got my $20,000 in cash to the Prince of Economic Ministry in Nigeria over night!

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #16,646 of 35,328
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #16,647 of 35,328
LMAO! I have a bridge to sell at a low price too!

Is it the Brooklyn Bridge, shown here?  Does it come with the neat Grado GH-1 headphones?  Then Sign Me UP!

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #16,649 of 35,328
where are reviews of this bridge? what is the return policy?

please post a link ! (no referral links please).
Are the bridge's cables Pure, Cryo-Treated, Silver?...tbh, they seem kinda fuzzy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back