The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 17, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #15,962 of 35,336
  Nothing will top the delivery of condoms from AWD instead of the Scosche iems (you know who you are!)

Ha, ha.  I could see this having an effect on a marriage under the right conditions.  Wife opens AWD package and sees contents.  Wife knows that she is either on the pill or physically can't have kids.  From that day forward, husband is under extreme suspicion.  Time progresses and the relationship degrades due to the lack of trust.  Then, divorce LOL.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #15,965 of 35,336
Jul 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #15,967 of 35,336

I'm really tempted by this deal. I doubt the price gets any better anytime soon. I'm having the itch to get a new set, but I'm perfectly content running with the 650/7xx's right now too. Did anyone else here jump into that drop?

I've posted my thoughts on the HD700 plenty of times in the past.  Let's just say I think there are plenty of better headphones for the price.  Many people find the HD700 to have treble peaks that make it extremely disagreeable, and I'm one of them.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #15,968 of 35,336

I've posted my thoughts on the HD700 plenty of times in the past.  Let's just say I think there are plenty of better headphones for the price.  Many people find the HD700 to have treble peaks that make it extremely disagreeable, and I'm one of them.

Hey bro, have you ever tried EQing them? Any feedback on how they respond to EQ? 

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #15,969 of 35,336

Hey bro, have you ever tried EQing them? Any feedback on how they respond to EQ? 

I tried and it helped a little, but I could never quite get it right.  Either the treble was still too peaky or it ended up sounding weird.  I decided I'd rather just have a headphone where I don't have to deal with it, since there are plenty of other alternatives out there.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #15,970 of 35,336
The question really should be, did you try them backwards? (No joke)

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #15,974 of 35,336
  Has anyone actually tried them backwards? I read on a thread that it was worth trying... On the other hand, the fact that I'm saying that makes me think they should be sold for less... 

I know Soundsgoodtome mentioned it before and said how good it sounded, but that was well after I'd sold mine.  Maybe someone at the SF meet this weekend can confirm it...

EDIT - Alright, I have an inside man at the SF meet who is going to try it if there's an HD700 there.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #15,975 of 35,336
I have, soundstage and imaging takes a hit but frequencies are more cohesive rather than sounding like a bad triple driver iem with a poor crossover (sorry for the blunt description). That was briefly however and it was late in the mini-meet after what, 5 beers. So brain eq was in full effect, I'm goi going to try it on the 25th meet with no brain eq.

I will say that a few others found similar results, positive.
Has anyone actually tried them backwards? I read on a thread that it was worth trying... On the other hand, the fact that I'm saying that makes me think they should be sold for less... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back