The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 16, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #15,931 of 35,332
I normally hate buzzfeed, but there are some funny tweets here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kanikateng/the-26-best-responses-to-amazon-prime-day-9wy1#.jmm06NO73Q

Turns out #PrimeDay was better than expected! I thought I would waste hundreds but ended up spending nothing at all.
— MorganBesmer (@Morgan C. Besmer)

Prime day? 
More like CRIME DAY SINCE AMAZON ROBBED ME OF MY ******* FREE TIME FOR THIS ********.

"I'll give you $3 for this Walkman." "What am I gonna do with a Walkman?" "IDK man, it's 79% off" #AmazonPrimeDay
— MeelzTV (@Son of Meelz)

LOL at Amazon getting everybody excited about Prime Day & then showing up like that clearance table at TJ Maxx.
— anildash (@Anil Dash)

At least on Black Friday you can go to the store and punch someone.

When anyone has a disappointing day, it will now be known as a Prime Day. Mark my words, people!

#AmazonGarageSale

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #15,934 of 35,332
Prime Day wasn't bad, especially if you were looking beyond audio and/or found something at a good price--less 15% more--through (the always somewhat risky) AWD.  There were some good deals very early in the morning PDT, like the one I got on a camera.  In a number of instances it helped to be fast on the trigger.

Still it was no Black Friday--especially in terms of the depth of products available.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #15,935 of 35,332
I definitely got better deals leading up to it, it seems other shops were trying to make people spend their spending bucks on stuff and not putting it to a prime membership.

Essentially it was just a big advert hype that got people on their Prime membership. Which at $99/yr isn't bad considering just the streaming vids and music alone. What did happen was a trickle scare to other shops that got them throwing out great prices (like that TDK speaker box from best buy i bought).

A lot of disappointed prime members and a lot of new members probably exploring instant videos and prime music right now.

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #15,936 of 35,332
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G53GJZQ

Onkyo ES-CTI300(SS) On-Ear Headphones with Control Talk for iOS Devices with Hi-Fi Cable - Silver $70

Amazon Lightning deal with less than an hour left
12% claimed as of the time of posting

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #15,938 of 35,332
Not audio but someone else was mentioning it so here:  I grabbed a set of WD Red 3TB drives from Best Buy for $85 each!  Thanks, Amazon Prime Day, for scaring other companies into actual good deals!

Wow! Was that a one sale? Next time you see that, please post. I would have gladly canceled the used ones I got at Amazon and purchased the new ones from best buy.

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #15,940 of 35,332
Cleaning out their Warehouse was this primary gold. And to top it off, get people to subscribe to prime in which, people usually forget to unsubscribe after a month's trial and get charged the $99 yearly fee. Happend to me but I enjoyed the yearly subscription.

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #15,944 of 35,332

I got a ladder!

No joke.

What you mean like a DAC with a resistor ladder topology?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor_ladder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back