The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #15,946 of 35,316
Looks like there's a new custom edition grado that just went on sale (got email a few hours ago).

It's called the GH1, according to the tagline its from Maple trees in the Grado homeland:

The GH1 is a special edition Grado headphone made from Maple trees in the Grado family's Brooklyn neighborhood of Sunset Park. These headphones are available in very limited quantities and when they're gone, they're gone.

Price is $650. It's not immediately clear if it's just an RS1 with a special cup or if it has a special tuning. 

http://www.4ourears.net/gh1_p/4e-gh1.htm

Looks to be normal price but I figure a limited edition is a form of a "deal"

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #15,947 of 35,316
  Looks like there's a new custom edition grado that just went on sale (got email a few hours ago).

It's called the GH1, according to the tagline its from Maple trees in the Grado homeland:

The GH1 is a special edition Grado headphone made from Maple trees in the Grado family's Brooklyn neighborhood of Sunset Park. These headphones are available in very limited quantities and when they're gone, they're gone.

Price is $650. It's not immediately clear if it's just an RS1 with a special cup or if it has a special tuning. 

http://www.4ourears.net/gh1_p/4e-gh1.htm

Looks to be normal price but I figure a limited edition is a form of a "deal"

It was announced more than a month ago.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771098/new-grado-gh1-headphone-available-for-pre-order-at-ttvjaudio

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #15,948 of 35,316

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771098/new-grado-gh1-headphone-available-for-pre-order-at-ttvjaudio

Yes. But it just went up for "regular" sale. Previously it was available for presale. And grado just sent out their first announcement of them being available via their "Official Store" at 4ourears

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #15,949 of 35,316

Yes. But it just went up for "regular" sale. Previously it was available for presale. And grado just sent out their first announcement of them being available via their "Official Store" at 4ourears

I pre-ordered mine and got the discounts and credits from TTVJ an authorized Grado dealer.  There are still better deals (like ordering from TTVJ with their newsletter discount alone) than buying directly from Grado.

I'd also check Headroom for possible deals.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #15,950 of 35,316
I pre-ordered mine and got the discounts and credits from TTVJ an authorized Grado dealer.  There are still better deals (like ordering from TTVJ with their newsletter discount alone) than buying directly from Grado.

Checked both, doesn't seem to be any deals available right now. Also, there's the question if these headphones are worth listening to, other than just the limited factor. Guess by the time any real reviews are available they'll be sold out :p

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #15,951 of 35,316

Checked both, doesn't seem to be any deals available right now. Also, there's the question if these headphones are worth listening to, other than just the limited factor. Guess by the time any real reviews are available they'll be sold out
tongue.gif

Check posts #30 & #34 in the link I posted above for a review and product info.

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #15,953 of 35,316
Surprised no one posted this yet...

TTVJ has an Audeze sale this weekend. 15% off EL-8 Open Back, LCD-X and LCD-3 using code "Audeze Special" 17% off if you also use your newsletter discount

LCD-3 Comes out to 1653.25
LCD-X Comes out to 1444.15
EL-8 Open Back Comes out to 594.15

Also their remaining vinyl is 25% off (add to cart to see), plus 5% using code "EXTRA5". Add the newsletter discount for a total of 32% off

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #15,954 of 35,316
^ I heard the open EL-8 recently and it'd be a deal at 50% off. Not that it's terrible, but definitely one of the most overpriced headphones I've ever heard.

And I wouldn't pay any amount of money for the closed EL-8 which I also heard not long ago, it sounded so bad it was embarassing. Like another Head-Fier wrote in the EL-8 mega thread, it sounded broken! I can't understand how it slipped past Audeze into the market, did anyone who built them have ears?!

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #15,955 of 35,316
  ^ I heard the open EL-8 recently and it'd be a deal at 50% off. Not that it's terrible, but definitely one of the most overpriced headphones I've ever heard.

And I wouldn't pay any amount of money for the closed EL-8 which I also heard not long ago, it sounded so bad it was embarassing. Like another Head-Fier wrote in the EL-8 mega thread, it sounded broken! I can't understand how it slipped past Audeze into the market, did anyone who built them have ears?!

Hahaha. ears? I was really disappointed as well.
Still, lovely design (except for the plug) (did anyone who built the plugs have brain?) (It keeps falling off and breaks so easily).

Love the LCD-3 sound balance sometimes but then after that one, all Audezes seem to be going downhill.

Companies should learn from a headphone like the 650. It's not a classic for no reason.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #15,957 of 35,316

Right on, and well stated. I know it's not that simple in real life, but after hearing the closed EL-8 and the Oppo PM-3 in rapid succession at CanJam, I gotta say... if I'd been Audeze, I would've taken the EL-8 off the market and revised that sucker from head to toe.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #15,958 of 35,316
  Agreed sounded like poo when I heard it at the meet. Lacking mids and bass.

Weird soundstage too. To be fair, it was fairly holographic but one could say it's due to the weird treble characteristics.
Listening to vocals made me go, "huh? What happened here?"

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #15,959 of 35,316
Prime Day wasn't bad, especially if you were looking beyond audio and/or found something at a good price--less 15% more--through (the always somewhat risky) AWD.  There were some good deals very early in the morning PDT, like the one I got on a camera.  In a number of instances it helped to be fast on the trigger.

Still it was no Black Friday--especially in terms of the depth of products available.

Meanwhile in KG's mailbox:

And a review for the headphones is in order too! :p

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #15,960 of 35,316

Prime Day wasn't bad, especially if you were looking beyond audio and/or found something at a good price--less 15% more--through (the always somewhat risky) AWD.  There were some good deals very early in the morning PDT, like the one I got on a camera.  In a number of instances it helped to be fast on the trigger.

Still it was no Black Friday--especially in terms of the depth of products available.

Meanwhile in KG's mailbox:

And a review for the headphones is in order too! :p

Nope--this one came out much better.  But then it was red instead of pink and not from AWD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back