The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 11, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #181 of 5,999
Quote:
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A:  At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...

I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal).  You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."

I'm glad to see you're taking your time to get the design right, I'd much prefer to see a delay and have you feel confident in the design.

As I've mentioned to you previously, put me down for the pre-order. I do see one issue though, we are going away for Christmas so there's potential for us to not be here to accept the package. Would there be any way to still pre-order but delay shipment until the new year if schedules conflict?

Another question, will payment for the pre-order be at the time of order or at the time of shipping or a combination of a down payment to hold one with the balance due at shipping?

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #182 of 5,999
Great pre-order price, I am most likely in! Will you offer free shipping to international buyers, just like what you did with the DACmini? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Q: What's up with preorder?!?!
A:  At this point we are planning to ship a small number of units in December (about 40 I think). What caused a delay here is that we decided to redo several things in the product based on customer input. I'm not complaining, but rather apologizing for the delay.This means we are still two months away and I hope that we hold that deadline. However, it's also is the worst time of the year to be building electronics products, since everyone is ramping up for X-Mas...

I fully appreciate the trust you are placing in the product and the intention with pre-order. The pre-order price is set at 20% off ($560, which actually is a rather unbeatable deal).  You will need to be a registered Head-Fi member to order (which obviously is the case here). We are planning to offer the units for pre-order in our store soon (probably right after CANJAM), but please read the following disclaimer: "We have full intentions to ship by Xmas, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Please understand that you may not get your unit by Xmas."

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #183 of 5,999
I too am interested in the terms for International customers of the introductory offer as I live in Scotland.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #184 of 5,999
Quote:
I think he means he is a poor student , as in no money :wink:

Yup :), getting mine next year but not any time soon, the market has quite some contenders in it. And regarding power, it has no doubt more power than anything out there compared to the others.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #189 of 5,999
While I might not be preordering (though I wish I could at that price) I could see this being the unit I've finally been waiting for as far as a portable rig goes. Though the dual 3 pin design isn't ideal...I'll take it over that stupid 4 pin square balanced plug that seems to have become to portable norm. 

If this thing sounds good and I could pair it with say...a balanced pair of Denons or maybe Ultrasones. Hoo boy. Party time.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #191 of 5,999
I know there are tones of questions to answer Mr. Goodman but would you please let us know when we will be able to place our pre-order and how long will it be between pre-ordering and receiving the actual unit. I am asking this because some of us may buy some other stuff in the mean time if the answer to the pre-order question is "after Christmas or sometime in early 2013. 

Thank you. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #193 of 5,999
Looks interesting. Things just get better and better. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #194 of 5,999
I agree.. Never seen anything like this.

I am looking forward to test it out and If sound quality is on par or better than dac mini ( as mention earlier). I can see this might easily be awarded as some kind of product of the year IMO. Full of features and power output is pretty good (base on specs).

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #195 of 5,999
Just hope to get it before christmas and a little nervous as there are only 40 pcs for this year.

Mike - why dun u make more? Like 200 or so for this year. Of course dun blame me if u can't sell all 200 in 2 months. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back