The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,341 of 5,999
Quote:
So here is the big question with the release being near.  What are you going to mainly attach the M8 to?  I think for most people is the ipod.  I definitely pluging it in my Galaxy Note2, Ipad3, and using it as a portable amp/dac for my mac book pro.  I am thinking about getting a nice combo going maybe with the ak100 or ak120 or even the dx100 (which I love but also lost on an international flight).

I kind of answered this a few posts up, but just feel like posting...  Upstream will be iPod Touch 4G 64gb / iPod Classic 7G 160gb / Macbook air.  Downstream will be balanced Mad Dogs, Balanced HD650's and 1964 Ears Quads ciems.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,342 of 5,999
Source will be either a MacBook or Toshiba laptop, the iPad, or the iPod Classic (brand new 160 gb, oh yeah - I said that). I will use the dock that Centrance supplies unless that needs to be replaced by Ted at Headphone Lounge. <> Into the Centrance HiFi M8 (to work its magic) out to a 4 pin XLR with multistranded silver cable (one pair each side - HeadPhone Lounge again) into a set of Heir 8a IEM's. My fingers are crossed that this might be what I have been looking for - sonic nirvana. (I'm cheating, I know it will sound good because I already have an iPod 5.5 and use the HotAudio DV1 amp and an XLR 4 pin to 3.5mm adapter with the Heir 8a. It sounds terrific).

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,343 of 5,999
@mgoodman, I was just curious when you folks will have a better idea on how many you will ship in the first batch, the 2nd batch etc. I'm still hazy on when this unit will actually ship, i.e CheckM8.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,346 of 5,999
I was at the Newport Beach "The Show" and I thought I tried my Galaxy Note 2 with the M8 and its worked.  Maybe I was busy that day and got my detail mixed up.  At least the Ipad 3 work with the m8. I know that for sure, because I remember I have to mess around with my ipad3 to get sound coming out.  Anyway I will be running my HD800, LCD 2, and DT 1350 with it.  Right now I feel like Ayra from Game of Thrones with the m8. So close yet so far away.  Lets just hope it doesn't end up like how Game of Thrones ended.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,348 of 5,999
Quote:
I was at the Newport Beach "The Show" and I thought I tried my Galaxy Note 2 with the M8 and its worked.  Maybe I was busy that day and got my detail mixed up.  At least the Ipad 3 work with the m8. I know that for sure, because I remember I have to mess around with my ipad3 to get sound coming out.  Anyway I will be running my HD800, LCD 2, and DT 1350 with it.  Right now I feel like Ayra from Game of Thrones with the m8. So close yet so far away.  Lets just hope it doesn't end up like how Game of Thrones ended.

I'm crossing my fingers that it will work.  I used the Dacmini as a proxy to test since all of the M8s were only setup for iDevices at the show.  It didn't work for me, but someone PMd me saying that others had reported that it should have worked with the Dacmini.

What music player do you use on your Note 2?

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,350 of 5,999
Apologies if asked and answered previously....When using a streaming service such as MOG, Spotify et al. , with an iPhone or Touch will the digital signal be passed to the M8?? Or does being "Apple Certified" limit the digital pass through to file player??

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,351 of 5,999
Congrats EIJ! Now you're making regret for not jumping on the bandwagon!!

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #2,352 of 5,999
Congrats EIJ! Now you're making regret for not jumping on the bandwagon!!
i am sure a head-fi luminary, moderator and star reviewer such as yourself would be able to wangle something on the downlow.
:)
Anakchan buying something guarantees many more will purchase the same audio device!

See the impressions thread, there are 8, EIGHT different configurations to choose from!
Plus Centrance will be squeezing higher bitrates out the idevices than CLAS and HPP1 can manage.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #2,353 of 5,999
Quote:
Plus Centrance will be squeezing higher bitrates out the idevices than CLAS and HPP1 can manage.

Or just buy the LX model and use an AK100/120 with it, and have full blown 24/192 on day one.  Why do I torture myself with Apple sometimes.....

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #2,354 of 5,999
Ah, i am still sucking at the teat of Apple and ingesting their smooth kool aid. Ha ha.

Anyhows i am quite happy with day one 24/48 idevice/hifi-m8 output and a later software update to give 24/96 and.....?
-But then of course i would have to get some 24/96 files......ugh.

*just need that pesky volume bar to disappear now when synced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back