The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,312 of 5,999
Tried M8 with my 1964-V6, Frogbeats C5 and LCD-2 in singled and balanced modes at ChiUniFi7 meet. I would say that M8 has no problem to drive them well and I really enjoyed the overall performance.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #2,313 of 5,999
Quote:
Tried M8 with my 1964-V6, Frogbeats C5 and LCD-2 in singled and balanced modes at ChiUniFi7 meet. I would say that M8 has no problem to drive them well and I really enjoyed the overall performance.

Good to hear! Did you play with all the toggles and if so what did you think?? Any real differences in the sound and was the bass boost an actual boost or just added warmth.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #2,315 of 5,999
Quote:
I think this is the first CEntrance product to have a battery. What's the final word on the longevity in terms of cycles and years of usage, and replacement policies? CEntrance products continue to be relevant and sought after years after release, so I hope the battery and relevant policies doesn't let it down.

Yes, this is our first battery-operated product. There was definitely a lot to learn -- we've spent over two years perfecting the circuitry. Our battery supplier carries a great reputation and we have reason to believe that our batteries will last a long time. However, as you point out, we need to have a policy for replacement. We don't yet have such policy in place, however all of our products carry a 1 year warranty. In the past, we've always put the customer first and worked to resolve any issues that came up. We strive to offer the best customer service. Having said that, we may need to wait a long time before we've collected enough statistics about the longevity of our batteries. We hope that you will spend that time enjoying the music!

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #2,316 of 5,999
Quote:
If you are powering the M8 with the AC adapter, will it always charge your device connected to it?  Or is there a way to make it not charge your device?

Our plan is to charge the iDevice when HiFi-M8 is plugged into the outlet. The iPhone/iPad/iPod will stop charging when it reaches 100% capacity. Because it's typically harmless to leave your iDevice plugged-in, we decided to simplify the user interface. Let me know if you have any issues with that.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,317 of 5,999
Quote:
Our plan is to charge the iDevice when HiFi-M8 is plugged into the outlet. The iPhone/iPad/iPod will stop charging when it reaches 100% capacity. Because it's typically harmless to leave your iDevice plugged-in, we decided to simplify the user interface. Let me know if you have any issues with that.

Just to verify that you meant that when the iOS device becomes fully charged through a powered HiFi-M8, it will behave in the same manner as plugged into any other charging device (laptop, wall etc.)? I hope that's the way, instead of disconnecting the charging from the M8. Else usage wise it could be annoying having the 'beep' sound after some usage decreases the battery life from full.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #2,318 of 5,999
Just to verify that you meant that when the iOS device becomes fully charged through a powered HiFi-M8, it will behave in the same manner as plugged into any other charging device (laptop, wall etc.)? I hope that's the way, instead of disconnecting the charging from the M8. Else usage wise it could be annoying having the 'beep' sound after some usage decreases the battery life from full.

Correct. From the stand point of the iPhone, HiFi-M8 is just another wall charger.

iPhone, etc. will behave the same way when plugged into HiFi-M8 as it behaves when plugged into the little "white cube" charger, which ships with the iPhone.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2,319 of 5,999
Good to hear! Did you play with all the toggles and if so what did you think?? Any real differences in the sound and was the bass boost an actual boost or just added warmth.

Thanks,

:evil:

I'll post more impressions in the impressions thread later, but I thought the toggles were well implemented. I brought my own HD800s to the meet and just one notch on the bass boost gave it a subtle boost that was just right for my preferences. I also tried the treble boost on my Momentums and it sounded quite good without adding any sharpness.

Just enough gain on low, more than enough on high with the HD800s.

I didnt notice any difference between the two impedance settings.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,320 of 5,999
Sometime ago Michael mentioned that the early pre-orders will ship with a smaller power supply and later these users will be upgraded to the full size brick like DacMini.

As a DacMini owner, I actually had a question, can we request the smaller power supply or pay a little extra to purchase the smaller power supply(as an extra/spare add on to the default brick) to keep the whole setup portable ?

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2,321 of 5,999
Sometime ago Michael mentioned that the early pre-orders will ship with a smaller power supply and later these users will be upgraded to the full size brick like DacMini.

As a DacMini owner, I actually had a question, can we request the smaller power supply or pay a little extra to purchase the smaller power supply(as an extra/spare add on to the default brick) to keep the whole setup portable ?

Ditto. I need two power supplies. One non brick might be nice.

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #2,322 of 5,999
The battery is 3.7 V, 3900 mA. Now for a portable headphone amp running a set of IEM's, THAT is a Battery (with a capital B). I should be able to get at least, what, 20 minutes (ha ha).

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2,324 of 5,999
Quote:
[size=medium] I was in March of this year scheduled hifi-n8, can you tell me about when I will get it。3Q[/size]

The pre-order was only available to head-fi members, yet you joined today........
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back