The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #61 of 826
I have the UPG and the UPG Ref, but can anyone summarize a bit about the difference of Flex, UPG, UPG Rh+ and UPG Ref? Thx~

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #62 of 826
That's a good question! I guess if you had the MMCX like pictured it's the Rh+ but instead of Oyaide MMCX it's the Ref (OFC copper) version of the MMCX. And the way it's differentiated from the Ref is that the choker is not darker coloured maple but the Rh+ type light coloured wooden. I'll ask the Brise Audio guys how to tell the difference.

BTW, the PTK2017S was very limited and not sold after the show today. There's another show next weekend by e-earphone (PotaFes), I don't know what Brise is going to show there.
My PTK2017S arrived today :D.
P7290001.jpg

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #63 of 826
I am considering the Ref1 4 wire ot maybe the 8 wire for my Tia Fourte to pair with the 1z balanced. I don't suppose anyone has heard the Ref1 cable with the Fourte?

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #64 of 826
Sadly no I've not heard that combo. BTW, from an ergonomics perspective, the 4-wire may be more practical than the 8-wire. I have the 8-wire and love the sonics however the ergonomics may not be as practical from on-the-go perspective. However if you're gonna be using it sitting down somewhere for an extended period of time, the 8-wire fine.

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #65 of 826
Mmm, i was in a rush so only gave it 5 minutes, but I did not like what the Ref8 wires did to my Dita Dream.
It opened up the sound stage, but tamed too much the trebles which lacked energy.

I will have to spend more time comparing them with the stock cable as well as the 4 wires version,...but...I am pretty sure I like the 4 wires more, and also pretty sure the memory wire will adjust be a deal breaker for me.

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #66 of 826
That's interesting, I didn't notice the 8 wire being slow but I have to admit I've not spent much time with the 4 wire. I own 2x 8 wire and the PTK2017S (which is still burning in (170 hrs and on going). I wonder if the 8-wire you tried was new. The 8 wire brand new out of the packaging can sound a little rough but even 24 hrs it seems to improve (and the recommended by the makers is 200 hrs). The change in the 1st 24 hrs wasn't noticeable just by me but another colleague who went to the Fujiya show.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #68 of 826
After a couple of hours spent trying the UPG001Ref 8 wires, I decided to pull the trigger and give it a chance as the increase in soundstage was appealing.
I have have been giving it relatively low listening time in the past week, and will compare it more attentively with the Dita cable, but as the cable and my brain burn in, I do confirm my initial impression: wider stage, less treble energy.
Other changes compared to the Dita is clearly more extended bass.

The deciding factor as to wether to keep the cable always on or not will be comparing the trebles: I am not sure yet if I only lose energy, or also extension and details; more critical listening will be required.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #69 of 826
After a couple of hours spent trying the UPG001Ref 8 wires, I decided to pull the trigger and give it a chance as the increase in soundstage was appealing.
I have have been giving it relatively low listening time in the past week, and will compare it more attentively with the Dita cable, but as the cable and my brain burn in, I do confirm my initial impression: wider stage, less treble energy.
Other changes compared to the Dita is clearly more extended bass.

The deciding factor as to wether to keep the cable always on or not will be comparing the trebles: I am not sure yet if I only lose energy, or also extension and details; more critical listening will be required.

What will it be for (i.e which headphone/earphones)?

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #71 of 826
Exclusively the Dita Dream
Ergonomically challenging I think. But I guess if you use it stationary (i.e. not on-the-go) may be ok.

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #72 of 826
Ergonomically challenging I think. But I guess if you use it stationary (i.e. not on-the-go) may be ok.

Actually the time I spent with the cable after purchase has only been on the go; and after some time spent to shape the memory wire, it works better than I expected.

The main problem I have is not when using the cable, but when putting it away: it is difficult to roll it up tightly so I need to carry a headphone pouch to put my in ears in... And when doing so the stiffness often pushes the earphone connector lose.
(I think I will tape them together...)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #73 of 826
IMG_4342.JPG with a nifty adapter, currently enjoying the frack out of the brise upg001 with my sony ex1000!

they are getting more head time at home than the andros, they have beautiful synergy and neither are designed for on the go lol

Aug 25, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #74 of 826
That is a neat solution :D. I have an MMCX to FitEar but I don't have a MMCX terminated Brise Audio cable. I'm wondering if I want consider converting one of my UPG001Ref (2-pin) cables to MMCX then I can leverage on this adapter (and compare the PTK2017S against the UPG001Ref)

P7180064.jpg

Aug 26, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #75 of 826
That is a neat solution :D. I have an MMCX to FitEar but I don't have a MMCX terminated Brise Audio cable. I'm wondering if I want consider converting one of my UPG001Ref (2-pin) cables to MMCX then I can leverage on this adapter (and compare the PTK2017S against the UPG001Ref)

i think both peter wong of pwaudio and http://e4ua.jp/ both do CM to Fitear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back