1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9
Next

Last
  1. AnakChan Moderator
    Drop by their website. They don't really have off-the-shelf (for overseas) which means it's customised, then wait till completion :-
    http://www.briseaudio.jp/

fire2368 likes this.
  2. haiku
    You can also contact Naoki directly under support@briseaudio.jp . The waiting time for their cables is about a month atm afaik.

3. haiku
    edit

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  4. haiku
    IMG_0241.JPG

New partner for my Layla II !!!!!

5. AnakChan Moderator
    Very nice! Congrats!

6. Decreate
    Was just browsing through the Brise Audio website and saw that there is an iem cable called STR7 Ref, was wondering if anyone had tried it and whether it would be worth getting if I already have the UPG001 Ref.

7. AnakChan Moderator
    The STR7.Ref is based on the limited release PTK2017S (see post #62) except that they've put more Murakumo level wrapping at the joints/strategic points. The STR7 Ref is more flexible than the UPG001 Ref as the construction is different 49 strands x 4 (whereas assuming you have the regular UPG001.Ref, 7 strands x 4). I don't have the gauge sizes however I'd guess the UPG001.Ref takes a larger gauge.

Unfortunately I can't comment of the STR7.Ref vs the UPG001.Ref 'cos my UPG001.Ref is actually the stiffer 8-wire version so naturally it sounds more fluid, wholesome and 3D-ish compared to my PTK2017S (which I assume will sound very similar to the STR7.Ref as they are of same construction except for the Murakumo level shielding).

Decreate likes this.
  8. Decreate
    Thanks, guess the only way to find out is to see if I could try them at eearphones when I go to Tokyo next month...:grin:

9. AnakChan Moderator
    E-earphone has Brise for demos. I don't know if they have all the models but they have the main ones. Let me know when you come here. Happy to catch up with fellow Head-Fi members.

10. Decreate
    Thanks, will do. :thumbsup:

11. smaragd
    @AnakChan Can you elaborate a bit more about the STR7-STD mmcx cable?
    Is this a pure copper cable? I'm asking because I'm currently using a Campfire Audio Polaris which is a bit on the revealing side. Paired with a 7N single Crystal pure silver cable I get some listening fatigue.
    That's why their Polaris comes with a pure copper cable as opposed to a silver plated copper ALO cable...

I wonder if this Brise STR7-STD is a good match instead...

Brise.jpg

12. AnakChan Moderator
    Unfortunately as per my 1st post in the thread, "Brise Audio also focuses on simplicity with the core wiring itself by using high quality copper (of unspecified rating, which they’ve politely declined to disclose as I believe it is a company secret) for audio signals such has cables for headphones, speakers, and interconnects."

So they don't state the purity of the copper that they use except to say "high quality copper". I'm not familiar with the CA Polaris - I've heard some of their other earphones but not the Polaris.

Coming from a UPG001.Ref as my standard, the STR7-STD is a good/nice cable however nothing to shout about. Admittedly I've not compared the STR7-STD with other brands. The benefit of the STR7-STD to me is that it's a decent sounding cable and flexible. The UPG001.Ref is somewhat stiff.

In general though, I've found that the Brise cables to be enhance more a 3D holographic fluid signature. It seems to work well for those ear/headphones that are a little treble centric, toning them down a little to be less strident and more smooth.

13. smaragd
    Thanks for the feedback, will audition some Brise cables at my local dealer.

14. margroth
    Hi guys!

@AnakChan may I ask you a quick question?

I'm planning to get a Brise Audio UPG001Rh+ 2pin to 2.5mm cable to pair with the Tralucent 1plus2.1. Yet, I'm a bit curious about the tonality though, since the copper cable I've heard with it (PlusSound Exo gold-plated copper) did not seem to have good synergy with the Tralucent due to excessive bass. The silver/gold cables (stock Tralucent, along with ofc Uber V1 and Uber Too) seemed to have the best synergy with the Tralucent by tightening the bass and bring out the mid a bit, creating a very pleasant listening experience.Would the Brise Audio UPG001Rh+ or the Aug-line 8-braided cable bring the same effects, since the pictures in the 1st post show the Brise cable to be used with the Tralucent?

If that works out, I may consider getting a STD-001HP Ref. for my DT-1990 as well :D

15. AnakChan Moderator
    I'll see if I can give it a listen in the stores at some point but actually I don't even know if I have the stock Trulcent cable with me to compare against. Let me dig through my stash this weekend.

margroth likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9
Next

Last