The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #2,236 of 12,546
I love this HP but too heavy  need a light comfortable one which sound neutral  true and clear.

With the presonus, I might look at the 880/250. Of the three you list, I think it meets your criteria best for both sound signature and equipment. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #2,239 of 12,546
150mW at what impedance? 

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2,240 of 12,546
Quote:
It's not a matter of power (the GS-1 is plenty, great amp, the dynalo is one of the great SS circuits of all time, IMO). Tubes add secondary harmonics (the "lushness") - less accurate, but may flesh out those mids a bit. 

Yea, I'm getting a Hybrid Tube for this amp soon! I actually like the mids on the Dt 880[250 ohm]... then again I was using a XB700 b4 (no mids at all...) still though I am excited to get my Hybrid Indeed G3 :D, that should make them sound better I hope! Although I use a Jds cMoy BB now and I like the mids as they are.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2,242 of 12,546
Quote:
For DT880 250 Ohm, do I need an amp? What is your recommended portable amp?

I like my JDS Labs cMoy BB, you can get one for around $70 or so. I would stay AWAY from the Fiio E6/E11. Those Fiio amps make the sound stage smaller and the bass... sound... too angry an a little muddy.

But the Jds C421 is another good one [although it's around $180] But for home use I'm getting a Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube. Let you know how it sounds when it comes in

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #2,243 of 12,546

Headphone Output

Type TRS Active Stereo
  Maximum Output 150 mW/CH @ 60 Ohm Load
  Frequency Response (±1.0 dB) 20 Hz - 20kHz

This is the Firebox headphone output .
What do you think guys which version of DT880 is the right with this amp.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #2,245 of 12,546
Quote:
Any more suggestions?
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed G3, Hybrid Tube Amp $119 now on ebay :D, I'm getting on, in about a week [it has to ship] I'll let you know how it sounds. Although it's a desktop amp as i needs a plug. There is also The E11 and E17 [dont like e11 with Dt 880 though] 

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2,248 of 12,546
Hi everybody.

It's my first post on this forum. I've been trying to find the answer for my question first but I'm still unsure what to do next.
I just ordered Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 ohm) I would like to use them for listening to music and watching movies at home. I have never been really in the headphone world before so be gentle with me :). A pair of headphones is a must for me right now because I have 2 kids and Im not able to turn my system up pretty loud after 8pm :)

I have an old Onkyo TX SR 674 receiver (it has just regular headphone out jack), an Oppo CD/SACD/DVD/AUDIO DVD player, and PS3 (Im just watching blue ray movies on it)

My questions is:

Could you reccommend any good powered amplifier ($200-$300) for both listening to music and watching movies which are able to convert stereo audio coming from the headphone output to virtual 5.1 surround sound? I would like to also listen to my SACD/AUDIO DVDs.
Or it would be better to connect amplifier directly to my DVD/CD player or PS3 through the optical out. I was able to find only a beyerdynamic headzone base station which would be probably perfect for me but it costs too much.

Thanks for any input.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2,249 of 12,546
Quote:
I like my JDS Labs cMoy BB, you can get one for around $70 or so. I would stay AWAY from the Fiio E6/E11. Those Fiio amps make the sound stage smaller and the bass... sound... too angry an a little muddy.

But the Jds C421 is another good one [although it's around $180] But for home use I'm getting a Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube. Let you know how it sounds when it comes in

Please post a detailed review on the Indeed G3.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,250 of 12,546
Quote:
Hi everybody.
It's my first post on this forum. I've been trying to find the answer for my question first but I'm still unsure what to do next.
I just ordered Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 ohm) I would like to use them for listening to music and watching movies at home. I have never been really in the headphone world before so be gentle with me
smily_headphones1.gif
. A pair of headphones is a must for me right now because I have 2 kids and I'm not able to turn my system up pretty loud after 8pm
smily_headphones1.gif

I have an old Onkyo TX SR 674 receiver (it has just regular headphone out jack), an Oppo CD/SACD/DVD/AUDIO DVD player, and PS3 (Im just watching blue ray movies on it)
My questions is:
Could you reccommend any good powered amplifier ($200-$300) for both listening to music and watching movies which are able to convert stereo audio coming from the headphone output to virtual 5.1 surround sound? I would like to also listen to my SACD/AUDIO DVDs.
Or it would be better to connect amplifier directly to my DVD/CD player or PS3 through the optical out. I was able to find only a Beyerdynamic headzone base station which would be probably perfect for me but it costs too much.
Thanks for any input.

I would think you would run HDMI from the PS3 to the Onkyo.
I'm assuming your Cable TV or Dish is already using the Onkyo's other HDMI connection?
Connect with Oppo to the Onkyo using S/PDIF (optical or coaxial).
Plug the DT880 Premium 600-Ohm straight into the Onkyo's headphone jack.

Yamaha receivers come standard with Silent Cinema, Yamaha's own headphone surround tech.
So if the Onkyo does on come with headphone surround sound, find a used Yamaha off Craigslist or eBay.
Get a Yamaha with at least 3 HDMI inputs, so you can connect the Oppo with HDMI.
(sell off the Onkyo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back