The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
May 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #182 of 1,049
Hey guys I just got my HD650 and I have to say that I am blown away! Not because the HD650 is technically better than the DT250 but I am just utterly bewildered  how the DT250s sound sooo much more enjoyable and natural (in terms of tonality). Well that doesn't mean that the Sennheisers sound bad but I just can't stop thinking of the DT250's sound.

What I appreciate about the HD650 though is that it has good instrumental seperation and air. Now, I'm still not very good at using audiophile terminology but I felt as if the HD650 lets me "feel" the sound in addition to hearing it (texture?). Oh, and the bass reminds me of my M50, only that it is a lot tighter and faster.

On the other hand, the DT250 may not sound as technically good and may not have as much detail. BUT I just seem to have enjoyed the sound of the Beyers a lot more. One distinct trait that I can make out is the mids. Paired with my E17, the mids just sound so liquid, warm and smooth. It's just so pleasurable that when combined with its nice balance of bass and treble, it gives me the nicest audio experecience compared to the other headphones that I've owned and auditioned.

Darn, this feels so frustrating that I might just repurchase a  DT250 so that I can concentrate on my studies instead of thinking about audio! =D

May 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #183 of 1,049
Could someone give me the internal dimensions of the DT250's ear pads please. I've read that the pads are quite small and I want to be sure they will fit over my ears rather than on them.

Thanks.

May 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #185 of 1,049
So the ear space is 3cm wide and 6cm high? That's incredibly small. I wouldn't think that would fit over most children's ears. I had seen them listed as circumaural, but i guess not.

Thanks for doing the measurement. I'll have to find a larger phone.

May 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #186 of 1,049
I haven't tried measuring my ears, but the DT250 are circumaural for me. They fit right around my ears without space to move. However, they are the most comfortable headphones that I own with a nice solid sound.

May 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #187 of 1,049
Being a DT250-250 owner for over 10 years I'm glad they're finally getting the praise they deserve. Nowadays I'm using them a lot with the ibasso DX100 and they sound better than ever. Certainly much more articulate than from the Sony D-EJ011 pcdp.

They're my go-to phone for djing as well and I only got the Sennheiser HD25-C II because sometimes their superior efficency and isolation is needed when the party-music is very loud in the dj-booth and the headphone-out of the mixer isn't powerful enough. Sadly the Senns aren't as clear overall, especially in the bass region, that is so important for beat matching.

Regarding the fit they're circumaural for me even though my earsize is above average. I have denon pads on mine and they measure about 3.5 width x 5.5 height, which is misleading though since the ear can go 'behind' the pad between the earcup and the earpad.

edit: whoops, the pads are actually Audio Technica ZT ATH-M50 pads.

May 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #189 of 1,049
I have had a parcel turn up on my door step this afternoon: donunus' 80 ohm set. 

Early days, but I can't believe what I'm hearing!  Frequency response is not as balanced as my LCD2s, but this is probably the best bang for buck set of cans I have ever heard!

Sound stage is better than I remember hearing them for the first time.

Thanks donunus - You have great taste.  I am a Beyer convert already.

May 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #191 of 1,049
Quote:
wait til you get to try the 250 ohm version :)

I think that you might just be able to talk me into it
beyersmile.png

May 22, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #192 of 1,049
Wish I'd seen this thread before ordering the DT-150's about five weeks ago.  I can't remember seeing any mention of the 250's on the long 150 thread either.  Oh well 
normal_smile .gif

May 22, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #193 of 1,049
If you already have the dt-150s, just buy the dt-100 velour pads and don't use the inner foam. What youll get is a punchier version of the dt250-80 but with maybe less low end extension.

May 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #194 of 1,049
Quote:
If you already have the dt-150s, just buy the dt-100 velour pads and don't use the inner foam. What youll get is a punchier version of the dt250-80 but with maybe less low end extension.

Yeah but at £25 delivered, I might just be best off selling the 150's, which are almost brand new.
normal_smile .gif

May 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #195 of 1,049
Ramtha604, could you tell me more about these Denon pads please.
What pads would I need?
Are they a direct fit, or would I need to make modifications?
Do the different pads change the sound at all?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back