The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #916 of 1,049
Does anyone know if I can fit any open ear earpads onto the headphones? Or can I only replace with closed ear?
Don't quote me on this, but pads from 7506 might be compatible. Anyway the answer to that should be some pages back.

Also I hear of a mic I can fit on but haven't found any info about this. Where and how can I do this?
Depending on how deep are your pockets.:)
You can go all the way and get DT 290-250 for almost twice the price of a DT 250 pair. Another option is to get external mix (Antlion Modmic) and use double sided tape to stick it onto one of the earcups.
Alternatively an option I'd prefer the most - get a cheapo stick-on mic for $6 and upgrade the capsule for something like EM258. Much bang for almost no money. :beerchug:

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #917 of 1,049
Don't quote me on this, but pads from 7506 might be compatible. Anyway the answer to that should be some pages back.

Depending on how deep are your pockets.:)
You can go all the way and get DT 290-250 for almost twice the price of a DT 250 pair. Another option is to get external mix (Antlion Modmic) and use double sided tape to stick it onto one of the earcups.
Alternatively an option I'd prefer the most - get a cheapo stick-on mic for $6 and upgrade the capsule for something like EM258. Much bang for almost no money. :beerchug:
Awesome, I'll have a look. Thanks a heap!

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #918 of 1,049
I just bought my DT250 250ohm last week over at Jaben Singapore. The reason for this purchase is the flat response It gives that resemble HD600 and also its smaller size and closed-back characteristic which is nice for relaxing in libraries. I also have a HD600 hence I have made a little comparison in between them.

After a quick listening I find the HD600 has greater bass and mid bass while the DT250 has cleaner high. The HD600 tremendously better in soundstage due to its open-back construction. I will keep both of them as they have their own unique characteristics. HD600 for in home listening while DT250 for libraries and study. I will do more in depth comparison between HD600 and DT250 when I get back from work.

Jul 2, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #920 of 1,049
I just bought my DT250 250ohm last week over at Jaben Singapore. The reason for this purchase is the flat response It gives that resemble HD600 and also its smaller size and closed-back characteristic which is nice for relaxing in libraries. I also have a HD600 hence I have made a little comparison in between them.

After a quick listening I find the HD600 has greater bass and mid bass while the DT250 has cleaner high. The HD600 tremendously better in soundstage due to its open-back construction. I will keep both of them as they have their own unique characteristics. HD600 for in home listening while DT250 for libraries and study. I will do more in depth comparison between HD600 and DT250 when I get back from work.
HD 650 had even cleaner highs than the DT 250 - 250

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #921 of 1,049
Try them with a thicker sounding amp. They matched very nicely with my old jdslabs cmoy
I am using DT250 with Sony PHA-1A, has to turn pass 1oclock to get decent loudness haha.
HD 650 had even cleaner highs than the DT 250 - 250
I never had a HD650 so unfortunately i cannot experience it.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #922 of 1,049
Just to share with you all, I tried many headphones over at Jaben before I put focus onto the DT250. I had tried DT770 pro, Custom One Pro, grados series like sr60e and sr80e before DT250. The first impression I had onto DT250 was it is so comfortable for its size! Then the sound just attracted me to continue listening and just unconsciously my mind set it as the final decision and bought it without reconsidering the others haha. I never check for its review in depth on the internet as its sound is enough to make me open up my wallet.

The DT250 was selling at sgd199 and the demo set that I had listen to is 80ohm version. As they only had 250ohm version so i just get a quick listening to the newly opened 250ohm DT250. The new 250ohm therefore sounds a bit tight but other than that there is not much difference with the 80ohm version. I could get decent loudness from my samsung j7 smartphone while using the 250ohm version with one click away from maximum volume.....that is how hard to drive 250ohm DT250 hahaha.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #923 of 1,049
that is how hard to drive 250ohm DT250
DT-250 are not hard to drive at all. At 0.5Vrms they reach 100dB SPL! That's quite sensitive. IMHO DT-250 250 are in a sweet spot, more sensitivity would reveal noise floor on most sources and less would hurt the overall great compatibility among all kinds of sources, as with 250Ohm there's a lot of leeway for amp's output impedance. And in fact, for the last 12 months and over 1000 listening hours, I never had to use an amp regardless of what source it was plugged into.
250 are still the most neutral pair I have experienced, even on HD600, HD650 and K240DF there's a degree of coloration.

On another note, DT-297 PA headset is now for a good price on Thomann, but after checking out the specs and taking to Beyer's representative, there might be a slight SQ loss, as the PCB in the left cup is populated with step down circuity for the mic. The mic capsule's performance is far from ideal too.
What also surprised me, that the agent mentioned DT-250's bass tolerance for left ear, which I found interesting, because that'd suggest, they're aware of the bass leak, but have yet to fix it.

Aug 5, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #924 of 1,049
Heard the Audio Tehcnica MSR7's in a store today.
Easily prefer the DT250's. Easily. I played Yesterday (2015 mix) by The Beatles and Fearless by Pink Floyd pretty quickly in the store with the MSR7's and they were both far too trebley for my liking and I just didn't like the sound of them. Got in the car, put on my DT250's and listened to the same tracks and it was just so much smoother. I didn't get to really focus on them or anything and your ears do adjust to the sound so maybe I'd like them better but now I'm very happy with my pick.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #929 of 1,049
Sep 2, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #930 of 1,049
Well contact Beyerdynamic or one of their retailers, and they'll for sure tell you, or search the website.
That's not very helpful.
All I asked was for concrete info, such as replacement part no. #943.549
or URL: https://www.thomann.de/intl/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster_softskin.htm

A leather pad on the DT250 will almost certainly destroy it's balanced sound.

Yes I know, this is my goal actually. To destroy their natural sig.

Thanks for the link.
I hope they will fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back