The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Jun 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #483 of 1,049
Quote:
Hmmm...Ok. I like a bit of a bass emphasis with a thick slightly warm sound with accurate instrument timbre. Will the Beyer deliver that? Are they dry sounding?

The dt250/250 do have a slightly warm sound and good timbre to me. They are not exactly liquid but not dry sounding either. I think you will be more happy with the dt250 than K550 if this is what you are after.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #484 of 1,049
Quote:

The dt250/250 do have a slightly warm sound and good timbre to me. They are not exactly liquid but not dry sounding either. I think you will be more happy with the dt250 than K550 if this is what you are after.

Cool. What other closed headphones have you had experience with?

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #485 of 1,049
Quote:
Cool. What other closed headphones have you had experience with?

I have had a few other phones. From your description of slightly warm sound with good timbre I would also include the $50 Digitech Pro (Fa-003 equivalent). The dt250 / 250 do have better resolution, etc., but the Digitech is cheap.

As has been mentioned in these forum the Sony CD900ST also has accurate timbre. In fact, amongst the cans with most accurate timbre according to some members, but they have a somewhat preculiar and reticent characteristic sound which I am not so sure will be well received by yourself.

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #487 of 1,049
We just talked about that a few pages ago. I don't understand the love for the dt770LE. They are not in the same league as the dt250-250 IMO. Those sound V-shaped and artificial.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #489 of 1,049
The V-shaped sound with recessed mids and fake sounding bass and highs. Typical consumer beyer sound ala DT880/990/770. Well a lot of people like that sound which accounts for the good reviews so YMMV

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #490 of 1,049
Quote:
The V-shaped sound with recessed mids and fake sounding bass and highs. Typical consumer beyer sound ala DT880/990/770. Well a lot of people like that sound which accounts for the good reviews so YMMV

I thought the mids on the LE edition were less recessed than the standard DT770's?

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #492 of 1,049
First of all please excuse my english.
Gonna make it as short as possible.

Hello everyone! 
Just got my DT250-80 4 days ago, and was using it since then. (6 hours a day just to let it burn as much as possible).

My previous headphones unfortunately was the SteelSeries Siberia V2, and yes, I am a gamer.
They were ok sound wise, and the comfort on them was just amazing.

Back to the DT250, I have them hooked to my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, I know it's not the best, but I am thinking of getting an amp, something like the FiiO E9.
I also had them hooked to my Asus Xonar DG, there was a difference between the DG and the 2i2, the DG seemed a bit better, but I do like having the audio knob, and the direct monitor feature on the 2i2 since i'm using an XLR microphone.
I am not using gaming features like Dolby headphones or GX and stuff like that, It sounds kinda echo-ish for me.
Gaming wise it was pretty good, I managed to hear things I didn't hear before (or maybe I wasn't paying attention 
tongue_smile.gif
), positional was very good aswell, could hear footsteps from miles
away.

Music was very good aswell, enough bass for me, clean mid's, very good high's quite bright, overall pretty good.

Comfort is amazing except, the headband, man.. the headband is really droping alot of pressure on my head, and it does start to hurt after say 2 hours..
The ear pads at the start was itchy, but after a day or two it was gone.

Overall it's a really good headphones for me, I am quite happy with it, again I'm only a gamer and no expert in sound.

I have some questions for you guys:

-What can I do about the headband? 
-How frequently should I change the ear pads?
-Should I buy an amp? and how will I connect it to my audio interface?

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #494 of 1,049
I never really had any issues with the headband being annoying. Did you already try adjust the earcups a few steps down? Are you wearing the headphone straight or tilted to the front or back?

I've had mine for a few years and haven't any need to change the earpads. They haven't really changed.

It probably depends on your hearing. When I first bought my DAC/amp which was a FiiO E7, I found no difference in sound (my inbuilt soundcard doesn't have any noise or particular issues, at least). I haven't really tested this recently though. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #495 of 1,049
Quote:

Hard to answer since I find the headband very comfortable... The pads are durable so change them whenever you feel like it...

About the amp, yet get one if you like listening loud. Try different ones yourself to get an idea of the sound you like though. I haven't experimented enough with amping the 80 ohm version since it seems to be harder to choose an amp for it vs the 250 ohm version that plays loud and clean with even just a jdslabs O2. The 80 ohm may be a little louder at the same volume level but it doesn't sound as clean which is why I say experiment and try different amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back