The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
May 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #571 of 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: A helicopter view of a HP 1000 lying flat on a table

It's strange, every time I see that image, it looks so wide, like it doesn't have any clamp at all or would only fit someone with a football head. How's the fit on them?

You need to adjust the headband so that your head fit in between the cups. It's a rigid steel rod, and not an "auto-adjusting" metal ribbon like John Grados.

To me Grados are the most comfortable headphones ever, (but only once you know how to deal with them, and regarding tips and tricks on how to do that you ask devouringone3). They are also the coolest to wear in summer and the fact that they are on-ear is great for those wearing eyewear.

As usual for me, all the following are Grados:

– Symphones Magnum (v2)

(v4)

As far as how they stick out of your head:

I personally really dig the look of the Stax Lambdas in general, and the SR-009 my favorite Stax look-wise, and most of the vintage cans posted so far.

Sony MDR-SA5000
(all magnesium construction)

Yamaha YH-5m (orthodynamic iem)

And most of the headphones on this Japanese vintage headphone collector's blog http://yaplog.jp/headphones/

Last edited:
May 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #572 of 1,354
Do you own the Momentums?  I do and they do indeed pivot 360 degrees on the ball and cup joint attached to the slide.  I find the ergonomics to be very good.
They look fantastic as well!
Quote:

My only gripe with the Sennheiser Momentum is that their cups can't pivot or swivel to accommodate different head shapes. Sennheiser assumed making a headphone for a average mean of head sizes is going to be "comfortable enough"... when in fact it's just not going to be optimally comfortable for anyone other than the standard dummy head it was sized onto. The Sony MDR-1R did a lot better on that plane. Though I love the infinite levels of cup height adjustments of the Momentum. Anyway, Ergonomics > Style, for me.

Oh yeah, example of that pivoting and swiveling I'm talking about (right from the page product)

May 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #573 of 1,354
Please let me correct myself, lol!

(I edited my previous post accordingly)

I love ball-joints like that of the Fostex T50RP and AKG Q-K701-2. Either that or a gyroscope like the Grados, Audeze LCD and many others, though the ball-joint is much more subtle.

May 15, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #578 of 1,354
I just love the looking of ATH-W1000X
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #579 of 1,354
I'm all about the V-Moda Crossfade LP2, as well as the MDR-1R. I really like the interesting styling of these two, they tend to stand out a little bit and don't give off a very "classic headphone style" vibe. The whole California Headphones lineup is right up my alley as well.

May 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #580 of 1,354
In anything to do with technology, I prefer elegant simplicity. Case in point, SRH-940. It's got a rather traditional shape and look to it, but with a lustery silver finish and a tank-like appearance that screams of build quality.

May 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #581 of 1,354
Quote:
I just love the looking of ATH-W1000X
biggrin.gif

This is one of those headphones that looks better to me in person then online, for some reason the color looks off and the gloss is muted online.

May 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #582 of 1,354
Quote:
In anything to do with technology, I prefer elegant simplicity. Case in point, SRH-940. It's got a rather traditional shape and look to it, but with a lustery silver finish and a tank-like appearance that screams of build quality.

The inverse actually, I've heard that Shure is one of the worst companies in the build department. 

The "traditional" headphone shape disgusts me to be honest. That's why the MDR-1R and headphones like Beats just look generic to me. 

May 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #584 of 1,354
Quote:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613703/shure-srh-940-crack-and-their-service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back