The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Feb 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #766 of 1,354
  Beats Pro. I'm sure you're very familiar with them. They are notoriously terrible sounding headphones for the money your spending, but lets be honest, they look cool. Any pair of headphones that most people use on this si
11564863-beats-by-drdre-detox.jpg
te, are high-fidelity audiophile headphones that are PURELY for top-notch sound. Beats headphones are PURELY for looks.

I agree,and when I picked the Beats, I was going purely on LOOKS..In all my possessions, looks plays a big, big part..Function and performance is good, no, it is great, but Looks are awesome. Now, even though I am crazy about the looks of the Beats, I didn't buy them!! 
biggrin.gif
 If the Beats Studio Bluetooth had the same performance quality of the, say Sony MDR 1RBT, or the Sennheiser MM 550-X, I would have them in a New York Second!! 
biggrin.gif
  Unfortunately, even with my novice and untrained ears, listening to them were no better than my Sony MDR 10RBT, which sold for $150 compared to $379 for the Beats.. 

I said all that to say, Beats Got the LOOKS...
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #767 of 1,354
I personally don't like the look of the B&W's.  They look too fancy and fragile.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #768 of 1,354

Momentum On ear! They have sort of a retro look. Personally, I think the on ear look better than the over ear; the soft pads look nicer than the leather, plus the logo shines in the light. Performance wise, the Momentum over ears are of course better, but the on ears look pretty damn nice.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #772 of 1,354
  They're not. They are made of wood and metal. 

Maybe so, but we're talking appearance and yeah those remind me of the old Radio Shack headphones we all used to wear back in the early 90s. It's the same reason I don't like the Momentums, they just LOOK cheap.

For that matter, the M100's don't look especially sturdy despite being military-grade tested. The hinges and exposed wires give the appearance of fragility.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #773 of 1,354
I'll throw the HD700 in here. I like it's futuristic look. Like a distant cousin of the SA5000, another one of my favorites

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #774 of 1,354

Those look INCREDIBLY cheap and breakable.

They're not. They are made of wood and metal. 

Using XYZ materials doesn't automatically make them durable. Metal can be just as breakable as plastic. SA5000 anyone?

It also doesn't change the fact that they still look cheap and breakable.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #775 of 1,354
  Using XYZ materials doesn't automatically make them durable. Metal can be just as breakable as plastic. SA5000 anyone?

I am just giving my opinion here. Never thought that posting a picture of a headphone that I know in person and I find handsome would be so problematic. The picture is not making any justice of these headphones. They are small and have a nice looking and finish that I find pretty. PERIOD. If you don't share my opinion is fine, but stop quoting me to say that my choice is wrong.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #776 of 1,354
May I say I think the V-moda headphone line (M-100, LP2, LP) Look pretty sweet. They look like they were designed by lamborghini. Which makes sense as vmoda is an italian company (If I'm not mistaken)

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #777 of 1,354
  May I say I think the V-moda headphone line (M-100, LP2, LP) Look pretty sweet. They look like they were designed by lamborghini. Which makes sense as vmoda is an italian company (If I'm not mistaken)

I'm pretty sure it's American, which makes no sense.

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #778 of 1,354

I am just giving my opinion here. Never thought that posting a picture of a headphone that I know in person and I find handsome would be so problematic. The picture is not making any justice of these headphones. They are small and have a nice looking and finish that I find pretty. PERIOD. If you don't share my opinion is fine, but stop quoting me to say that my choice is wrong.

I wasn't saying you were wrong. I was saying they looked like something I'd have to baby due to shoddy build.

However my opinion on their appearance is "meh" since they heavily ripped off the Skullcandy Aviator (which I do like, both sound and looks):

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #779 of 1,354

I don't find the SA5000 to be any more fragile than the other headphones I've used. The MA900 is another story though. It's frame is supposedly magnesium but feels as strong as a gas station pair of sunglasses. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #780 of 1,354
I wasn't saying you were wrong. I was saying they looked like something I'd have to baby due to shoddy build.

However my opinion on their appearance is "meh" since they heavily ripped off the Skullcandy Aviator (which I do like, both sound and looks):

+100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back