The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #181 of 255
Yeah, when I brought the WA22 the only review is from seamaster.

seamaster thought t1 sucked with wa22 and lacked power, i dont trust his review

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #186 of 255

i got just enough to buy the WA22 and still pay for all my bills and whatnot. has to be my endgame tube amp. i'm pretty much done with SS amps and with amps for my LCD-3 and HE-500/6. they sound like a multi thousand dollar rig should sound like, pretty much near perfect with no flaws, ultra transparency, and perfect bass, only the stax would be better. but it would cost me my whole rig and all my headphones and tubes to just end up with SR-009 and BHSE.

Since you already have all the tubes (from the 6SE (?) and 2) to roll and like the Woo sound - the WA22 is an obvious choice. It is also very responsive to tubes and that makes it a lot of fun when you are into ubes, that is :wink:

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #187 of 255
Since you already have all the tubes (from the 6SE (?) and 2) to roll and like the Woo sound - the WA22 is an obvious choice. It is also very responsive to tubes and that makes it a lot of fun when you are into ubes, that is :wink:

Yeah i sold the wa6ses unique power tubes, i still have the rectifiers, and the power tubes from wa2, and i have some 6f8g (need adapter), but yeah i have enuf tubes to get started

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #188 of 255
Yeah i sold the wa6ses unique power tubes, i still have the rectifiers, and the power tubes from wa2, and i have some 6f8g (need adapter), but yeah i have enuf tubes to get started

Go for it DG :D

I am looking foreward to your impressions

WA2 + GSX + WA22 is a very nice selection ogf great amps. I'd bet that's gonna keep you happy for quite a while ,)

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #191 of 255
any WA4 owners here? impressions>? for planars in particular lcd3?

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #193 of 255
any WA4 owners here? impressions>? for planars in particular lcd3?

I think they only made a few wa4's clayton sf if im not mistaken, owns one of the very few wa4's

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #194 of 255
Go for it DG :D

I am looking foreward to your impressions

WA2 + GSX + WA22 is a very nice selection ogf great amps. I'd bet that's gonna keep you happy for quite a while ,)

I hope wa22 isnt too thin or too lacking in tonality. I know my wa6-se was great but didnt have the tone or euphonic nature and silky smoothness of the wa2
Im looking for wa22 to follow on the same road as wa2, not being brighter but more detailed and dynamic and improving in soundstage and whatnot

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #195 of 255
I hope wa22 isnt too thin or too lacking in tonality. I know my wa6-se was great but didnt have the tone or euphonic nature and silky smoothness of the wa2
Im looking for wa22 to follow on the same road as wa2, not being brighter but more detailed and dynamic and improving in soundstage and whatnot

The WA22 might me decriebed as a tighter, punchier and more dynamic WA2. But the WA2 holds its own with it's seductive kind of "lazy" slikyness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back