The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22
Mar 21, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #241 of 255
Is that the older WA 2 model with Preamp out with switch? asking because the headphones socket looks different than the newer models, if so is their any difference between the old/new model?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #242 of 255
Yes it's the older one with pre amp. Did they change the sound on the new one?

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #243 of 255
Yes it's the older one with pre amp. Did they change the sound on the new one?
Where you bought it from? I don't know about the sound old/new but im now looking for the older model because of the pre amp option but I don't know where I can find one.

Did you try the pre out how does it sound? also do you have any inside pictures?

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #244 of 255
I don't have my speakers yet. I ordered Tekton Double Impacts. Won't have them for 12 weeks but I will connect my WA2 to my speaker amp and see how it is when they come

1616355686264.png

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #246 of 255
That's really a weird looking speaker I have ever seen.
It's really big. The tweeter array creates horn like experience without the problems. The experience is intense. I had the Tekton design Pendragons, before giving up on 2 channel and moving to headphones. The speakers are so good you can't tell the sound is coming from a speaker. The height is close to 6ft. Not looking forward to bringing them down to my basement. I'm going to be just doing 2 channel for music and tv, no more surround sound.

Mar 21, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #247 of 255
It's really big. The tweeter array creates horn like experience without the problems. The experience is intense. I had the Tekton design Pendragons, before giving up on 2 channel and moving to headphones. The speakers are so good you can't tell the sound is coming from a speaker. The height is close to 6ft. Not looking forward to bringing them down to my basement. I'm going to be just doing 2 channel for music and tv, no more surround sound.

The spider-eye tweeter array looks interesting.

Why did you give up on the previous Pendragons, disturbing neighbors/family members?

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #248 of 255
I got out of 2 channel.

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #249 of 255
Is the WA2 sound supposed to break apart with headphones under 100 ohms because I'm using Goldplanar gl2000 and Solitaire P with no issues. I have the original WA2 in the manual it tells me power down to 32 ohms and says headphones 26-600 ohms what am I missing. It almost plays the rad 0. The edm track I'm playing has hard hitting continuous bass and no distortion. The Rad midrange and hi hats can get funky at high volume. I would think edm is good for testing how big the amps balls are.

Attachments

• 16164561166995821964177166945438.jpg
    16164561166995821964177166945438.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #250 of 255
I don’t think the amp can handle lower then 100 so stick to high impedance. Not sure if they revised it on new models. Guess silent revision.

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #251 of 255
I don’t think the amp can handle lower then 100 so stick to high impedance. Not sure if they revised it on new models. Guess silent revision.

OTL amps (inclusing WA2) work best for high impedance cans, that's the general rule. Low impedance cans need large current swing, which is something OTL amps can't provide. These low impedance headphones can make some sound on OTL amps, but definitely not optimal.

To work best with low impedance cans/planars you'll need output transformers (like WA22) or solid state amps.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #253 of 255
So I give the WA2 major props. My Aeolus just sound amazing. The WA33 Elite doesn't do them justice. Funny 15k amp being best by 1299. I never trully enjoyed my Aeolus until this amp came in. I use to have Feliks Euforia AE and regular and I'd rather pay full price on cheaper WA2. Here's some pics of unboxing to setup. I put in a Tung Sol 7236 variant the rest of the tubes came from the seller
I almost pull the trigger for Euforia AE but WA2. What do you like WA2 over Euforia amp?

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #254 of 255
Euforia hands down. WA2 is too lush and can't handle low impedance headphones. On the Euforia you can go down to 32 ohms but headphones must be high sensitivity to play at normal or loud volumes. Euforia you only need to roll different power tubes as the psvane cv181 t mk2 are amazing. Again wa2 mushy not fun at all. If you don't like treble get wa2. Price of a Euforia you could get a way better amp called Wells Audio Dragon lvl 2 which can power 1266 and Susvara. The Dragon is a hybrid and tubes are not expensive. If you want a full tube amp get Euforia. I sold my Woo WA5 LE upgraded and keeping my Dragon lvl 2 which I be sending it in soon to upgrade to level 3. Dragon 2 is $2500. Uses current instead of wattage to power headphones and is holographic and smooth with a lot of air and transparent signature. The lvl 3 just takes it to next level with better parts.

Wells audio.com

I sold wa2 after getting a over modded BottleHead Crack. I had both Euforia's but couldn't tell the difference.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #255 of 255
Euforia hands down. WA2 is too lush and can't handle low impedance headphones. On the Euforia you can go down to 32 ohms but headphones must be high sensitivity to play at normal or loud volumes. Euforia you only need to roll different power tubes as the psvane cv181 t mk2 are amazing. Again wa2 mushy not fun at all. If you don't like treble get wa2. Price of a Euforia you could get a way better amp called Wells Audio Dragon lvl 2 which can power 1266 and Susvara. The Dragon is a hybrid and tubes are not expensive. If you want a full tube amp get Euforia. I sold my Woo WA5 LE upgraded and keeping my Dragon lvl 2 which I be sending it in soon to upgrade to level 3. Dragon 2 is $2500. Uses current instead of wattage to power headphones and is holographic and smooth with a lot of air and transparent signature. The lvl 3 just takes it to next level with better parts.

Wells audio.com

I sold wa2 after getting a over modded BottleHead Crack. I had both Euforia's but couldn't tell the difference.
over modded BottleHead Crack ->> This is interesting. How does that sound and how much it costed you? 2 tubes vs 6 tubes and on par with Euforia... i'm stunned!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back