the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Jan 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #91 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to Resnick for both my UE-11s and my JH-13s. He is good and has his own pair of UE-10s I believe.

I'm happy to report that my JH13s seem to fit almost perfectly. And the fit may in fact be perfect; I just need to get rid of this head cold. Even if not perfect, the tweak that needs to be made is extremely minor and would be the right earpiece, in the exact same location as the problematic area with my UE10. My UE10 impressions were done by someone else and the problem area was worse by an order of magnitude. These facts lead me to conclude that my right ear could a little funky (anatomically speaking, although I, myself, am also pretty funky) and that Resnick did a good job and is worth recommending.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #92 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much does Frances Miranda charge for an impression? And are there any you guys know in Los Angles for considerable prices?

I called her yesterday, she said it would be $50 for a set of impresssions. If you pay the actual shipping costs, she said she would ship the impressions whereever you want. She also said if you buy the customs from her, the impressions are free.

There was another audiologist in Santa Monica that only asked for $20, but I am probably going to pay the extra money, and go with Miranda.

BTW, she has heard of Fisher in Florida, and is curious to know how the customs come out, wants to know if the sound changes after customization.

Randy

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #93 of 296
For anyone in the Pittsburgh area,

I visited Carol Black at North Hills Hearing Aid Center in West View.

North Hills Hearing Aid Center
1100 1/2 Center Ave
West View, PA 15229

After numerous calls around the area, she was the only one willing to do it.

She was very nice, informative, and she seemed to be very thorough. She said my impressions were perfect, so I hope it translates to great fitting customs. I'll let you know.

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #95 of 296
Anyone with Houston area recommendations?

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #96 of 296
For those in the UK, more specifically Manchester I had a great experience with Amplifon on south king street today.

I rang around and Amplifon was the cheapest I found at £25 for both ears. The audiologist was very friendly and knowledgeable and once the impressions were taken I was shocked to hear the words "and as its friday, they'll be no charge for these today"
biggrin.gif
And so I thanked him graciously and went on my way.

Impressions look (as well as smell
confused_face(1).gif
) great. Will update once I've received my monitors back from fisher.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #99 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darwin022's Washington DC submission:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6116733-post5398.html

FWIW, these impressions weren't useful to JH Audio, they ended up copying my UE5P's which fit great.

I got the impressions for those done at:

SONUS USA INC

3260 Wilson Blvd
ARLINGTON, VA 22201
(703) 525-1898
Approximate distance: 2.3 miles

The interesting thing is JH/UE both want open mouth impressions. The guy at the Sonus location said "Oh, I've been doing this for years, it doesn't really matter, keep your mouth closed". Being one for following the directions, I thought that was questionable but did the impressions closed mouth.

They fit MUCH better (since my mouth is usually closed) than the open mouth ones I got later. YMMV.

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #100 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who went with Lisa Tannenbaum in LA, does she charge for mobile services?

Lisa (Musician's Hearing Services) is up in San Francisco and is who I got my impressions from. Came out great; no need for a refit. She does have the option of going to your location for $105 (if you go to her it is $65, or $75 if you want her to send the impressions for you but I did it myself since USPS First Class was about $1.50) but I think it might be a little higher for you since you're a good six hours away
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #102 of 296
As a follow-up, I am going back to Dr. Resnick due to the discomfort that I have with the right earpiece. I probably could live with it, but at these prices one shouldn't have to. Resnick was very cool on the phone. We'll see how it goes. I'm confident we'll get it sorted.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #103 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lisa (Musician's Hearing Services) is up in San Francisco and is who I got my impressions from. Came out great; no need for a refit. She does have the option of going to your location for $105 (if you go to her it is $65, or $75 if you want her to send the impressions for you but I did it myself since USPS First Class was about $1.50) but I think it might be a little higher for you since you're a good six hours away
wink.gif

She did say that she split her time btw sf and la?

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #104 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, these impressions weren't useful to JH Audio, they ended up copying my UE5P's which fit great.

I got the impressions for those done at:

SONUS USA INC

3260 Wilson Blvd
ARLINGTON, VA 22201
(703) 525-1898
Approximate distance: 2.3 miles

The interesting thing is JH/UE both want open mouth impressions. The guy at the Sonus location said "Oh, I've been doing this for years, it doesn't really matter, keep your mouth closed". Being one for following the directions, I thought that was questionable but did the impressions closed mouth.

They fit MUCH better (since my mouth is usually closed) than the open mouth ones I got later. YMMV.

What was the charge for the impressions?

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #105 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She did say that she split her time btw sf and la?

Hm, no clue. Best call her up to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back