the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Mar 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #121 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got any recommendations for the UK? Leeds specifically, but anywhere in the north would do. I searched the thread for UK but it's too short a search term
frown.gif

i called into amplifon after seeing them mentioned in the fischer thread but they said they wouldn't do impressions.

cheers!

Advanced Communication Solutions - Outlets in the region of Yorkshire

Don't know if thats any help. Link taken from hifiheadphones.co.uk locate a dealer for acs services.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #122 of 296
cheers. i think ACS use david ormerod at boots, which is where i went in the end. bit steep at £20 per ear though
frown.gif

ah well, with a bit of luck it'll be the last pair of monitors i buy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #123 of 296
Anyone from South Africa Durban can recommend me an audiologist for jh13 impressions.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #124 of 296
I got mine done at the Sonus in York, PA. She did a great job, but didn't have a bit block so I had to bite my knuckle. Turned out great.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #127 of 296
I'd like to disrecommend Brookline Hearing Services in Boston.

They would not remove a trivial amount of wax in my ear. Perhaps it's a legal thing since they're not ENTs, but they weren't particularly nice about it. As a medical professional, let me tell you that removing wax takes 0 skill.

I will not be going back to them. Because the lady, Judith, was not all that knowledgeable when I showed her the ultimate ears instructions. She said that they don't use cotton. They have foam. She did not inspire confidence. I was supposed to see Lisa, but she was too busy.

I am extremely disappointed b/c of how many hoops I had to jump through just to get there, only to be let down. Don't go there. Btw, their price was $25/ear.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #128 of 296
amplifon in edinburgh £15 the pair

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #129 of 296
any recommendations for the pacific northwest, Washington State? More specifically around Vancouver, Portland, Tacoma, etc. I'm relatively close to all those cities, 1-2 hours away. the more north of Vancouver, the better; and the more south from Tacoma, the better.

So far every place I've called doesn't seem to understand exactly what I want/doesn't do just that... one place, where I talked to the audiologist on the phone, seems to like to handle all the shipping and have everything go through them. Which is kind of nice, especially since you don't have to pay for the molds until you get your product back and its fits....... but I'm getting my pair for free, a review sample
biggrin.gif
and the guy didn't seem to understand that I just need the molds...

So far I've gotten 100/ear and 50/ear, with a couple more places to call, but I'm not to hopeful for a local find...

EDIT:

and is there a difference between asking for ear molds, or ear impressions? I was under the impression (har har)that they where the same thing, but I just want to double check...

Mar 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #130 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amplifon in edinburgh £15 the pair

amplifon in leeds told me they wouldn't do it. had to pay £40 at boots
frown.gif

if i need refits i'll go back to amplifon and kick off until they do them hehe

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #131 of 296
dont know why they would'nt do them for you, they were most helpful in the edinburgh branch.

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #133 of 296
I live in Manhattan and just got my impressions made by Beth Orliss. She came highly recommended in an e-mail to me from Jaime at JH Audio. I figure JH Audio would know best, so I drove out to her house in Closter, NJ, which is in Bergen County about 20 miles away from Manhattan across the GW bridge. Overall, she is very laid back and friendly, but clearly knows what she is doing. She said she has fit custom IEMs for a lot of famous musicians and only ever had to do one refit, so fingers crossed I will not be the second. Like everyone on this forum, she could not say much about the differences between the JH13 and JH16. She thought that for "audiophile" use, the JH13s were a better bet, as she thought that the JH16s might be too bassy.

There is no charge for the impressions if you travel to her and also have her place the order for the custom IEMS with JH Audio.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #135 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know of any audiologist near Oakland and Sq. Hill in Pittsburgh? I might get the JH 13, if my wallet allows me...

If you can, take the drive up to West View and see Carol Black. Check my post on page 7 for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back