the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Jan 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #106 of 296
Any recommendations in NC. Preferably the Winston Salem area?

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #107 of 296
Go to CanJam 2010 and look for Uncle Wilson! He's the bomb. He was working with Jerry Harvey at CJ09 in LA and did a fantastic job with my JH13 impressions. I have no idea whether he'll be providing this FREE service again in Chicago, but he definitely knows what he's doing.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #109 of 296
Got my 2nd set of ear impressions done today @ Dr. Andrew Resnick's office. He was very friendly & professional (even cleaned my ears before proceeding with the impressions). We did the impressions with a bite-block. I would recommend Dr. Resnick if you're looking to get your impressions done in the NYC area.

133 E 58th St. #411
New York, NY 10022

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #111 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, no one knows. I'm looking for a $20 impression around Los Angeles, anyone know any?

Please let me know if you have found anyone. I am actually wondering if there any recommendations for low cost impressions in the Los Angeles/San Bernardino county area (the closer to Pomona, the better). I went thru google maps searching for "audiologist" and contacted every single one that provided an email address. Most were $50-100 for both ears. There was someone who offered me a quote of $20, but then stopped responding to me when I followed up and asked her if she did "open mouth impression, full shell with a CIC canal"
frown.gif

I am planning on having my impressions made by Beltone @ Covina, CA for $40/both, unless anyone can suggest anyone else in within reasonable driving of my area that can do the proper technique for cheaper (or known to do great work at the same price)

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #113 of 296
For anyone in Singappore, looking to get your ear impressions, do check out ACE Hearing Care Centre (ACE Hearing Care Centre - The Official Site of Hearing Aids)

Friendly, professional and painless. Followed the tip sheet exactly and I didn't even have to show the tip sheet to him
smile.gif

I previously got mine done at Digisound twice - painful (no damage done but still...) and more expensive to boot.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #114 of 296
For anyone around Anchorage, Alaska, I had a good experience with:
Alaska Hearing Aid Institute, 907-344-4900 or 888-554-4242 on the corner of Denali and Benson.

I don't live in Anchorage but travel through twice a month and dropped by while waiting for a flight delay. They were very good about taking me on short notice, I phoned from the airport and was in for impressions 20 minutes later. They evidently do a ton of impressions for oil field workers (like me) and make a lot of custom hearing protection. I'm not sure, but I may have gotten a bit of a price break by virtue of my employer doing lots of business with them. They charged me $50 for two separate sets of impressions, secured in shipping boxes and mail pouches. They followed the UE instructions I showed them on my laptop, although they seemed to be pretty informed on taking impressions. Both sets of impressions looked good and identical to my ignorant eyes and the technician who did them said "they won't have a bit of problem with either one of those". Here's hoping...I sent my impressions to JHA for a set of JH13 and to Fisher Hearing for custom molds on a set of TF10's. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference between the fit outcome of the two shops.

They told me that it would be prudent to get the impressions to the respective labs rather rapidly. They said that impressions have a tendancy to shrink slightly after the first 10 days or so and that most fit problems they had seen they attributed to slight undersized molds from impressions older than 10 days. Don't know how accurate that info is, but I sent mine out priority mail the next morning.

Hoping for a couple of perfect fits on the first shot here
ph34r.gif

edit 3/13/2010
Both my JH13 and Fisher remold TF10 are here now. Both are a very nice fit.
Thumbs up for my impressions, and for the whole custom purchasing experience.

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #115 of 296
Hey everyone,

I just want to tell anyone who's interested in going to the custom IEM route should check the Hearing Enhancement Center if they need to get their impressions done. They did a fantastic job at a fantastic price $15 per ear, $30 for both ears (I called other offices and they either refused to do it unless you bought their IEM's (Westone), while others will charge you $50-$100). If you just want the impressions and nothing else, tell them that you want "impressions to-go". They'll know what you're talking about.

I've interned at Ultimate Ears and I can tell you that the impression material that they use is what Jerry Harvey or Ultimate Ears would prefer to work with.

Just make sure to bring instructions by whomever you're getting your custom IEMs from so that the audiologist would know exactly what to do. For example: Ultimate Ears' http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...structions.pdf

Here's business card info:

Hearing Enhancement Center
124 Broadway
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 645-0886
email: Rhythm88@PacBell.net

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #116 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the Indianapolis area, I've used Innovative Therapy Center. They have always charged me $20 for impressions and are very nice people. I'll need to go to them again this coming week to get new impressions for the Triple.fi custom mold.
smily_headphones1.gif

Innovative Therapy Center
2900 East 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240-0018
(317) 573-4445

Is that the only place in Indianapolis area that you have found?

I live in Carmel, is there anywhere close to that?

Also how did your impressions turn out?

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #117 of 296
Recommendations for San Diego or Riverside, California?

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #118 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotwake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the only place in Indianapolis area that you have found?

I live in Carmel, is there anywhere close to that?

Also how did your impressions turn out?

If you google map the address you'll find it's quite close to Carmel, probably 10-15 minutes away depending what part of Carmel you live it.

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #119 of 296
anyone got any recommendations for the UK? Leeds specifically, but anywhere in the north would do. I searched the thread for UK but it's too short a search term
frown.gif

i called into amplifon after seeing them mentioned in the fischer thread but they said they wouldn't do impressions.

cheers!

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #120 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recommendations for San Diego or Riverside, California?

Try San Diego Hearing Center, they did mine and they are really nice and will give you a free hearing exam. Google search them and you can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back