the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
May 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #151 of 296
I also had my impressions made by Beth Orliss 2 weeks ago - she was great and impressions are free if you order your customs through her. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my JH16's...

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #152 of 296

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone gone to Lisa Tannenbaum in LA? I think someone recommended her to me a while back...I guess my choice is either her or Miranda?

Anyone done site visits instead of at the office?

I had my impressions done by Lisa but at her San Francisco office. She is recommended by JH Audio in the SF area but I believe she does most of her work in Los Angeles now. She charged me $75, which I thought was reasonable for this area. The first impression of my left ear had a small air pocket in it, which she wasn't happy with so she made another impression. It's obvious she's quite experienced and is very professional. My JH13 came out almost perfect.

Sounds like Lisa is very professional.  Is there an advantage to ordering your JH IEM's from Lisa as well?  Or is the focus just the impressions with her company ?

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #153 of 296
Just wondering but has anyone had any positive experiences with an audiologist in Tucson, AZ that will make quality molds for a reasonable price?

Aug 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #154 of 296
Ok, so I need some help here. I am on a budget, and need help finding an audiologist in NY (would be better if on long island) for a reasonable rate. I am hoping to go as cheap as possible with good quality. I am hopefully looking to get <$75, but will go to $100 for a fee. any help would be appreciated!

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #155 of 296
$50 is around what you can look for.

There's a bunch of places in Manhattan that does it for $50. Dr. Dominick Servedio did mine for $50. I called a bunch of other places and there was one place that would do it for $40 but don't remember what they were. I'd just google audiologists in new york and call up a bunch of places and ask for quotes.

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #156 of 296

Quote:
Ok, so I need some help here. I am on a budget, and need help finding an audiologist in NY (would be better if on long island) for a reasonable rate. I am hoping to go as cheap as possible with good quality. I am hopefully looking to get <$75, but will go to $100 for a fee. any help would be appreciated!

check the jh audio website. iirc they recommend someone on long island who is priced quite reasonably. then please share your impressions as directed in the first post of this thread (to facilitate searches).

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #157 of 296

Quote:
check the jh audio website. iirc they recommend someone on long island who is priced quite reasonably. then please share your impressions as directed in the first post of this thread (to facilitate searches).

Yes, I found someone on their website for $50. I will share them once I get them made and if they don't fit (which I am pretty sure they wont but I might get lucky hehe).

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #158 of 296
Does anyone have a recommendation for an audiologist in Switzerland (preferably around Zurich) or potentially Munich since I am there often for work?

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #159 of 296
I've been in contact with Beth Orliss (mentioned in the opening post of the thread) in Northern NJ and she's been great with answering questions and making things easy for me. Highly recommended.

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #160 of 296
New York City (Manhattan)
Hearing Consultant Services (Recommended by Sensaphonics)
Dr. Vicky Silver
516-528-8563
Poor experience (2007). Had my ear impressions taken in the hallway!
Price: free with a Sensaphonics order.

NY Otolaryngology Group (Recommended by Sensaphonics and UE)
Dr. Julie Glick
212-884-8283
36A East 36th Street
Nice and professional. Got everything done in 15min. Doing a lot of business for Sensaphonics and UE custom IEMs.
Price: $50.

Noise & Hearing Consultants (Recommended by Westone)
Dr. Rose DuLude
212-734-8900
329 East 68th Street
Highly recommended. Have ordered 2 pairs here over 3 years with perfect experience, although she gave me a wrong quotation last time and saved me $100[size=10.5pt](^^[/size][size=10.5pt][/size]
Price: free with a Westone order.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #162 of 296
Andrew Resnick in Manhattan (NYC) is $85, $35 if you purchase customs from him as well.

Then there's NY Hear which charges $40 for ear impressions.

http://www.nyhear.com/feng-audiologist-ny-hearing/

128 Mott St., Suite 509
New York, New York, 10013, US 

726 60th St
Brooklyn, New York, 11220

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #164 of 296

Quote:
New York City (Manhattan)
Hearing Consultant Services (Recommended by Sensaphonics)
Dr. Vicky Silver
516-528-8563
Poor experience (2007). Had my ear impressions taken in the hallway!
Price: free with a Sensaphonics order.

NY Otolaryngology Group (Recommended by Sensaphonics and UE)
Dr. Julie Glick
212-884-8283
36A East 36th Street
Nice and professional. Got everything done in 15min. Doing a lot of business for Sensaphonics and UE custom IEMs.
Price: $50.

Noise & Hearing Consultants (Recommended by Westone)
Dr. Rose DuLude
212-734-8900
329 East 68th Street
Highly recommended. Have ordered 2 pairs here over 3 years with perfect experience, although she gave me a wrong quotation last time and saved me $100[size=10.5pt](^^[/size][size=10.5pt][/size]
Price: free with a Westone order.

Just an update to my earlier post.  I used Dr. Glick, she still charges $50.  I can't attached a picture of my molds; I will know how well she did when I get my customs. She seems to know a lot about Customs and even knew about this forum.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #165 of 296
i got my impressions done at Fidelity Hearing in Cerritos, CA (in between LA county and Orange county).

http://www.fidelityhearingcenter.com/

Dr. DeKriek was professional, quick and knew exactly what he was doing.  I was about 45 mins early and he still handled my impressions asap.  40-50$ for the both of them and i was in n out in no time.  i highly recommend him if youre in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back