The Audio Lounge
Apr 27, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #23,731 of 36,059
That cat is going to give my shaking Chi a complex.....LOL Did it come like that or did you training him to look like that... :ksc75smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
No training needed with this one lol
it’s pure territorial aggression. First time we let him out when he was a kitten he attacked my neighbors cat, poor thing didn’t know what hit him. He even picks on the neighbors dogs. Ate all my neighbors Koi carp and even the foxes are scared to come through our garden now as he’s in his prime and a big aggressive male. Apart from that he’s a lovely fella
CF422F9C-7BBA-44A0-BEDB-B921C3E9B6E5.png

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #23,732 of 36,059
No training needed with this one lol
it’s pure territorial aggression. First time we let him out when he was a kitten he attacked my neighbors cat, poor thing didn’t know what hit him. He even picks on the neighbors dogs. Ate all my neighbors Koi carp and even the foxes are scared to come through our garden now as he’s in his prime and a big aggressive male. Apart from that he’s a lovely fella

That is every single one of us pet owners after listing all the crazy things they do, lol.

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #23,733 of 36,059
The custom Cafe Racer market was off the chart before the Covid19 situation. Hopefully when we eventually return to some level of normalcy you could turn that into a lucrative side business. Maybe even a full time gig.
Don’t think we’ll do it full time, just fun builds but we’ll put any profits into the next build and so on. Then build a really high spec bike or two. Who knows at the moment, takes a lot of time to source materials and especially these old Fireblades. Good parts are getting rare and expensive. Only reason we are now building three is because I keep finding deals on other parts while looking for the parts we need now lol.
@jerick70 the Grado’s sound great with the Mojo or my WA2, think they benefit from a tube amp or warm signature as the treble can be a little bright.
Changed the pads on the 325e as the stock pads get pretty uncomfortable after a while.
In that pic I’m running the DX90 into the Mojo, happy days

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #23,734 of 36,059
Hey Kev @KEV G be very careful with the foxes as they are genetically trained to kill and they can gang up on one solitary cat.

A very interesting looking cat you have there. I thought it was just an image you found on the internet.

How is it going with your battle with a suspected case of the dreaded virus? Did you get tested and what symptoms did you have?

My wife woke up this morning with a really sore throat and fatigue. Worrying times for us all these days!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #23,735 of 36,059
Hey Kev @KEV G be very careful with the foxes as they are genetically trained to kill and they can gang up on one solitary cat.

A very interesting looking cat you have there. I thought it was just an image you found on the internet.

How is it going with your battle with a suspected case of the dreaded virus? Did you get tested and what symptoms did you have?

My wife woke up this morning with a really sore throat and fatigue. Worrying times for us all these days!
Fingers crossed its just a bug , there's also been a lot of hay-fever mines terrible...throat and nose ...hope alls well dude.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #23,739 of 36,059

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #23,741 of 36,059

He beat 7 barrels of the proverbial out of a fox a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of letting him out when he was way too eager to get out. I opened the door, he flew out with his paws hardly touchIng the floor, leaped off the decking straight into the poor fox. He didn’t know what hit him, got his arse kicked and chased a few gardens down before my cat gave up the chase. Came back in like a boss. I don’t normally let him out if I see any other animals out but he caught me off guard unfortunately for the poor old fox.
No test for the virus as I didn’t go to hospital. Symptoms were extreme fatigue, nausea, temperature, chills, confusion, chest pains constant headache and aching joints. No cough until the last couple of days and it was a mild cough. Breathing was fine but just going into the kitchen to make a cuppa would leave me breathless and exhausted.
Could have been really bad flu, guess I’ll never know. I’ve had real flu twice in my lifetime and both times were not as bad as this virus.I think about one in four or five tested are positive for Covid, if that’s the case then the ones that haven’t must have flu. Not sure how to get tested without being admitted to hospital and to be honest, hospital is the last place I’d want to be unless I was having real breathing issues !!!!
My partner had the cough quite bad but again that didn’t come straight away, if anything it was towards the end of the fever stage when she was kind of recovering. Horrible cough though, almost bronchitis like.
Kept hydrated, lots of paracetamol and ate when I could.It lasted two weeks for me and still pretty wiped out for a few days after but fully recovered now thanks. Keep an eye on your wife and make sure to have paracetamol in the house, it helps with the fever and constant headache. I suffer from migraine so a regular headache doesn’t bother me too much but when you wake up every day and it’s still there it starts to get you down to say the least.Hope she’s ok fella

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #23,742 of 36,059
There you go...satisfied customer.
I wanted to get a ldac transceiver for my television so I can use the btr5 with some cans

It may be due to licensing issues with Sony, but I don't think there are any stand-alone LDAC transmitters on the market.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #23,743 of 36,059
It may be due to licensing issues with Sony, but I don't think there are any stand-alone LDAC transmitters on the market.
I think your right....i looked and couldn't find anything with ldac but I'm sure they will eventually, in my opinion its far better than anything else, I'm not very knowledgeable on Bluetooth though as it always sounded inferior to me but since have learnt a little move
This I didn't know until I owned btr5

AAC: 250 kbps

SBC: 328 kbps

aptX: 352 kbps

aptX HD: 576 kbps

LDAC: 990 kbps

I know a lot of you were and are far more knowledgeable with Bluetooth than I am but ldac has taken it to the next level from what little I have heard.

I know this was probably common knowledge to most of you but as i said i know about as much about Bluetooth as open heart surgery.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #23,744 of 36,059
So what do we think of this:

DROP + THX PANDA WIRELESS HEADPHONE
bookmark_border
PRE-ORDER $399

https://drop.com/buy/drop-wireless-headphones?

I already put in an order a while back. It actually might be the only audio purchase I've made this year. They did the ordering process in a really weird way. They first did it on their own site, which I think the original ship date was sometime maybe next month? Then an Indiegogo campaign with an estimated ship date of June, then there's this round where the ship date is August. All assuming production and shipping goes as originally scheduled, of course; no idea how the pandemic has affected things. If everything stays scheduled and they somehow actually weren't affected much by the pandemic, then I should expect to see them in a couple months. I'm curious as to how they'll be because my other comparison point is the Ora GQ headphones which haven't garnered great marks from me for fit (only in relation to the headband), but are otherwise are pretty good headphones. The thing's got touch controls too, which I'm not a fan of (on any headphone). Meanwhile, the Panda has some nubbin that has all those functions and if it functions how I think it will, I'll love that way more as a control scheme. So yeah, looking forward to them, but again, won't get them for 2+ months.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #23,745 of 36,059
I already put in an order a while back. It actually might be the only audio purchase I've made this year. They did the ordering process in a really weird way. They first did it on their own site, which I think the original ship date was sometime maybe next month? Then an Indiegogo campaign with an estimated ship date of June, then there's this round where the ship date is August. All assuming production and shipping goes as originally scheduled, of course; no idea how the pandemic has affected things. If everything stays scheduled and they somehow actually weren't affected much by the pandemic, then I should expect to see them in a couple months. I'm curious as to how they'll be because my other comparison point is the Ora GQ headphones which haven't garnered great marks from me for fit (only in relation to the headband), but are otherwise are pretty good headphones. The thing's got touch controls too, which I'm not a fan of (on any headphone). Meanwhile, the Panda has some nubbin that has all those functions and if it functions how I think it will, I'll love that way more as a control scheme. So yeah, looking forward to them, but again, won't get them for 2+ months.
Are you sick man!!!! The only audio purchase this year..... What the.... It's time to get to work and start buying!!!! :ksc75smile:

I can help your beleaguered state. Just tell me what audio item you've been dreaming about.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back