The Audio Lounge
Nov 10, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #12,196 of 36,082
Hallelujah a definite breakthrough , I think I have actually found the right cable.
weaved up yesterday and Very pleased not too stiff nice and soft and flexible not prone to kinking .

Also I'm getting faster lol about 25 mins to weave this :anguished: .
So I think I'm still going to carry on doing them as the wire has been probably my biggest hurdle, I still have the parts to fit issue and nice none cheap plastic Y Splits and sliders in particular to fit are not easy to come by. I am considering well more than considering another option but don't want to say too much just yet Incase it doesn't work out and wont even be trying til after Christmas....I did say to some this may take months and months for me to get to a cable I'm totally happy with so watch this space.

Looking good! Waiting for the day I can place an order. :p

Other news, I've landed a deal for a 2nd hand Gumby for close to 50% off the original price. Absolute steal, went to the local shop just to have a listen before meeting up with the seller tomorrow. All smiles for me!

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #12,197 of 36,082
Looking good! Waiting for the day I can place an order. :p

Other news, I've landed a deal for a 2nd hand Gumby for close to 50% off the original price. Absolute steal, went to the local shop just to have a listen before meeting up with the seller tomorrow. All smiles for me!
Well it maybe sooner than later as I think I may have further development on the parts to fit since my last post an hour or so ago lol .... but again I'm going to keep my cards close to my chest as not a done deal and finances are not great with Christmas and a few other things coming up, but in all honesty fingers crossed it's looking like it's a lot closer to being a more quality cable than it was 24 hours ago. Parts to fit takes away modding and labour and this new cable is more than adequate.... anyway enough said lol not a done deal yet.

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #12,198 of 36,082
Well it maybe sooner than later as I think I may have further development on the parts to fit since my last post an hour or so ago lol .... but again I'm going to keep my cards close to my chest as not a done deal and finances are not great with Christmas and a few other things coming up, but in all honesty fingers crossed it's looking like it's a lot closer to being a more quality cable than it was 24 hours ago. Parts to fit takes away modding and labour and this new cable is more than adequate.... anyway enough said lol not a done deal yet.

Sounds like great progress being made! Fair enough that Christmas is near, my wallet is getting shaky at the moment as well haha. But of course would be great to support you on this journey of yours! :)

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #12,199 of 36,082
Sounds like great progress being made! Fair enough that Christmas is near, my wallet is getting shaky at the moment as well haha. But of course would be great to support you on this journey of yours! :)

Thanks a few have offered to kindly help @KEV G , @Richsvt , @grs8 and I'm certain a few others did too but off the top of my head (I'm walking down the street at the minute) I cant remember all (old age lol) so I do apologise to anyone else not mentioned. I couldn't and wouldnt accept for a few reasons , firstly it's my worry, secondly I wouldn't want to take and the project didn't end up happening (trinity comes to mind lol) and I nearly gave up a few days ago only the wire has changed my mind back , and thirdly don't mix business with pleasure only end's in tears .

But thanks to all of you once again.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #12,200 of 36,082
Thanks a few have offered to kindly help @KEV G , @Richsvt , @grs8 and I'm certain a few others did too but off the top of my head (I'm walking down the street at the minute) I cant remember all (old age lol) so I do apologise to anyone else not mentioned. I couldn't and wouldnt accept for a few reasons , firstly it's my worry, secondly I wouldn't want to take and the project didn't end up happening (trinity comes to mind lol) and I nearly gave up a few days ago only the wire has changed my mind back , and thirdly don't mix business with pleasure only end's in tears .

But thanks to all of you once again.
Haha, so your old as well, makes me feel young again....anyway, what was we talking about :stuck_out_tongue: it’s gone again

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #12,203 of 36,082
Nov 10, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #12,205 of 36,082
hey, 50 is not old. I'm pushing 53 and feel like I'm in my 30s. Yep, age takes some things from us. Can't move as fast as I like in the morning, memory is for schiit. But, as long as my hearing stays in check, I'm good.

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #12,206 of 36,082
hey, 50 is not old. I'm pushing 53 and feel like I'm in my 30s. Yep, age takes some things from us. Can't move as fast as I like in the morning, memory is for schiit. But, as long as my hearing stays in check, I'm good.
I have just started to notice little things , bit more tired after a day's work, need to get my eyes checked again, memory is awful! cholesterol a little high etc etc (god damn chocolate) ....but genuinely i still have the same childish and stupid sense of humour I have always had , ask my partner gets right up her nose lol.... love playing video games , beach kayaking , and rolling around on the floor play fighting with my doggys....I'm not in the ground yet.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #12,209 of 36,082
WOW (word of the week)

I just wanted to add this one before the word changes tomorrow. I have shared his music before... and that of his wife Carrie Elkin. Love them both ... together and solo.

Not a word of the week but I shared this earlier on my son Neil's Facebook page.... on this day 8 years ago he lost his battle with depression and we lost him. There is a memorial bench with his name on it in a park in Ann Arbor MI. The inscription includes the words "A kind and gentle soul. Forever in our hearts." Everyone who knew him misses him. Anyone who never knew him missed out. He was one of those people that are just so easy to be around. I wish he had found the peace he needed in this life.

Spending the day with all the what ifs. He loved music as much as I do and we went to some memorable shows together. I never minded when he played his drums in the basement. He would have loved this video. Sarah and Pink are wonderful together. It brings me to tears.

Not really a like but a sad face

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #12,210 of 36,082
found another WOW.... I was listening to this band tonight which is new to me... have a couple of their albums on my
DX120 and found a "Monday" song. I don't even know what kind of music it is but I like it. Don't care about genre classifications... I have two classifications... good... or... bad. I find this to be good. I put some new iems in my ears about 5 hours ago and now I have accidentally stayed up almost all night. A common occurrence when my husband is working night shifts.. .hope he isn't working TOO hard.

I can't find out much about them but I think they are Spanish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back