The Audio Lounge
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #12,213 of 36,077
Congrats @timorinolee . Been looking at those. What does it replace in your system and what do you think about it?

Thanks mate, replaces my XD-05 at the DAC section, long overdue upgrade. Decided to pull the trigger upon finding a 2nd hand that's been rarely used.

I love the overall tonality of it, a little bit on the warmer side, but it brings so much life into my already great sounding setup. The musicality it has is astonishing, I can see why people are content on it being their end game eventhough there's the Yiggy. Had the chance to listen to it yesterday at a Hi-fi shop, and I'm glad I made the purchase.

Still on the way back, and can't wait to warm these up! Heard they get even better after the 25th hour mark.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #12,214 of 36,077
IMG_20181111_230138.jpg

Current rig!

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #12,216 of 36,077
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #12,217 of 36,077
Hey @Karendar, it's been a few. I looked at those this morning. Did you get an email from MP too? I'm wary as they appear to be without removable cables. I'd be curious to hear what people think on their sound though.

It has indeed been a while. Started selling all my audio gear and shy away from forums that can make me spend. :wink:

Yeah, I got the email and was curious at 60 USD... You're right though, no detachable cable! Sudden turn off. :wink: Hadn't noticed...

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #12,218 of 36,077
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #12,219 of 36,077
It has indeed been a while. Started selling all my audio gear and shy away from forums that can make me spend. :wink:

Yeah, I got the email and was curious at 60 USD... You're right though, no detachable cable! Sudden turn off. :wink: Hadn't noticed...

What promoted you in selling all your gear? Is it a complete purge or just make room for other stuff? Just curious as I am in a purge mode right now...

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #12,220 of 36,077
What promoted you in selling all your gear? Is it a complete purge or just make room for other stuff? Just curious as I am in a purge mode right now...

I'm also contemplating a purge so I'm curious as well. I find myself not using a bunch of stuff anymore but I'm worried if I did end up purging I'd regret it.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #12,222 of 36,077
Listening to the High Res (24-Bit/192-KHz) Chesky Binaural recording of "Wow Wow Holy Cow", from the album The Master (2104), by Cuban percussionist Candido Camero -

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #12,223 of 36,077
Financial restructuring, mostly... Selling the excess and unused equipment.

Yeah, I heard that. I go through times and look at what I got and stuff I haven't touched in months and ask, why am I still buying stuff when I don't even use what I have.

I'm sending my youngest to Iceland for next semester and and while a great opportunity for him, it is stupid expensive with huge upfront costs. Spending has come to a halt as we review everything financial right now, especially with the holidays right on the doorstep.

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #12,224 of 36,077
Listening to the High Res (24-Bit/192-KHz) Chesky Binaural recording of "Wow Wow Holy Cow", from the album The Master (2104), by Cuban percussionist Candido Camero -

Sitting listening to this with a great California Zinfandel and was perfect, thanks for that.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #12,225 of 36,077
All this talk of old, I'm 61 so got you all beat at least the ones I can remember:astonished:.

@Midgetguy got my EOZ Airs came technically Friday but the Mailman delivered them next door and they brought them over as I washing cars Saturday AM. Instantly paired and listened had a ton of dropouts but let them charge overnight and been good since. Sonically as expected for true wireless, still not what good IEMS provide but they work, work really well for phone calls when out and about, again car washing and yard work, walks etc.. I was going to gift them since they came after what I intended to use them for, long vacation in September, thinking I'm actually going to keep them in the car for use when I need them. Overall decent not great but they do what they said they would and they are a metric ton better then my non functional Trinity's. Going to try pairing to my TV's at home so I can watch while the wifey sleeps as I am an insomniac and the slightest noise wakes her. I've got pretty good at lip reading over the years

I will be purging too, probably downsizing really soon, getting laid off Sept 2019 is my end date,company got sold and no IT function going forward to newco. Actually blessing in disguise got too complacent and lazy the last 10 years. Mine is not a big purge just a hand bag of earbuds and iem's, maybe my mojo and iFi Nano DSD as I am pretty much very portable anymore (VE Odyssey and a small USB SSD drive thru my laptop). Going very simple in life but not touching my desktop rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back