The Audio Lounge
Aug 1, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #9,706 of 36,037
I'm not a seafood kind of person, kinda makes me feel ill just looking at it and especially when they would bring it into the pub in big baskets trying to sell it !!!
Years ago we had some friends round for dinner and one of them kindly brought a starter, a seafood salad. I said to errindoors "I can't eat that, it's got prawns in it" to which she replied "don't you embarrass me, you better eat it" so I ate it......almost killed me!!!
The only time I've ever eaten a prawn and it almost killed me. Cheers Deb lol

That is a sad story. I love jumbo sized cold shrimp dipped in coctail sauce - which in America is red and has a bit of horse radish in it. Does not seem to exist here. Sometimes you have to shell them as you eat them... you would hate that!

63d527c6bbbbf802fa813b8b2e6b8a43--elmo-sauce-recipes.jpg

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #9,707 of 36,037
That is a sad story. I love jumbo sized cold shrimp dipped in coctail sauce - which in America is red and has a bit of horse radish in it. Does not seem to exist here. Sometimes you have to shell them as you eat them... you would hate that!

63d527c6bbbbf802fa813b8b2e6b8a43--elmo-sauce-recipes.jpg
:astonished::cold_sweat::disappointed_relieved:
Sad story but a great night( until the revenge of the prawn) I'm a firm believer that if you do not like a certain food, there's a good reason for it !!
That picture would have me running for the door lol

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #9,708 of 36,037
Guys/gals, my Aeon Flow Open came in today and I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas, lol. I opened them and they are beautiful, and OMG are they light. Super comfortable. I will have some sound comparisons at a later time after a bit of head time and some A/B'ing.

Hope your enjoying them aeons dude , I'm off for the evening but I'll catch your impressions tomorrow ...... enjoy.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #9,709 of 36,037
:astonished::cold_sweat::disappointed_relieved:
Sad story but a great night( until the revenge of the prawn) I'm a firm believer that if you do not like a certain food, there's a good reason for it !!
That picture would have me running for the door lol

...and I posted the prettiest one I could find :)

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #9,712 of 36,037
@majo123
I know of a coupe places that will sell the raw materials:

Norne Audio (http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/index.php?route=product/category&path=62), Trevor is awesome to deal with, truly an artisan
Double Helix Cables (https://doublehelixcables.com/wire-and-diy-supplies/), Peter is also a great person.

Both are in the states so the import fees might be too high...Just thought I'd pass along this. I have cables from both and they only use top-shelf wires and connectors. Love the Eidolic connectors...

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #9,713 of 36,037
WOD (Word Of the Day): Sex

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #9,716 of 36,037
so not music but falls into WOD
farside.jpg

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #9,717 of 36,037
@majo123 for your cinch, you can use O-rings. I picked up some from the hardware store for my KZ ZS5 cables.

Amazon sells different colors and sizes of O rings in kits. I think I saw white and green, and maybe red.

Let me think about the Y split.

What size cables are you making? IEMs? Or full size? Or both?

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #9,718 of 36,037
@majo123
I know of a coupe places that will sell the raw materials:

Norne Audio (http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/index.php?route=product/category&path=62), Trevor is awesome to deal with, truly an artisan
Double Helix Cables (https://doublehelixcables.com/wire-and-diy-supplies/), Peter is also a great person.

Both are in the states so the import fees might be too high...Just thought I'd pass along this. I have cables from both and they only use top-shelf wires and connectors. Love the Eidolic connectors...

@majo123 for your cinch, you can use O-rings. I picked up some from the hardware store for my KZ ZS5 cables.

Amazon sells different colors and sizes of O rings in kits. I think I saw white and green, and maybe red.

Let me think about the Y split.

What size cables are you making? IEMs? Or full size? Or both?

Thanks for suggestions @Richsvt I will check out what they have.
@Howlin Fester I came across some similar O" rings that are sold as Sinchs late last night and also supply "Y" Split so it looks like I'm good to go just need funds to get back to normal and cable but apart from this I can't wait to get going now :grimacing:....I do want to do both iem and headphones as I want to make a balanced cable for the he400i from experience it should be easier than the iem cable ( no twisting etc) but again I need to research cable.
I'm quite excited.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back