The Audio Lounge
Aug 2, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #9,741 of 36,186
So, I saw an ad on Reddit yesterday for someone looking to buy a set of tuning filters from an Icarus III or any other similar Trinity IEM to use on their IMR R1. It was at that moment that I felt like a complete moron for not having thought about doing the very same thing, lol. This morning I busted out the Cayin C5, the R1's, a bag of ear tips, and all my tuning filters for my Icarus III. I was kind of unimpressed for many of the filters. Not because they were bad at all, just that they weren't any better for me than the filters that came with the R1. But then I got to the purple undampened and the game was changed for me. With a bit of bass EQ'ed in the R1's now sound like my Monolith M1060 planars. Its insane how good they sound right now. Thanks @Drunkenmunkey for the idea.

On another note, I spent most of the night last night and this afternoon using the Aeon Flow Open and I'm enjoying them very much. I'm so glad to be passed that whole new year's resolution crap, lol.

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #9,742 of 36,186
WOD (Word Of the Day): Drinks

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #9,743 of 36,186

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #9,744 of 36,186
So, I saw an ad on Reddit yesterday for someone looking to buy a set of tuning filters from an Icarus III or any other similar Trinity IEM to use on their IMR R1. It was at that moment that I felt like a complete moron for not having thought about doing the very same thing, lol. This morning I busted out the Cayin C5, the R1's, a bag of ear tips, and all my tuning filters for my Icarus III. I was kind of unimpressed for many of the filters. Not because they were bad at all, just that they weren't any better for me than the filters that came with the R1. But then I got to the purple undampened and the game was changed for me. With a bit of bass EQ'ed in the R1's now sound like my Monolith M1060 planars. Its insane how good they sound right now. Thanks @Drunkenmunkey for the idea.

On another note, I spent most of the night last night and this afternoon using the Aeon Flow Open and I'm enjoying them very much. I'm so glad to be passed that whole new year's resolution crap, lol.

Ideas make the world go around! Can't wait to try the other filters when they come in. Rocking that pink one for now :)

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #9,745 of 36,186

New Years resolution.....what's that then:ksc75smile: gave that a wide berth lol
Glad your enjoying the Aeon Flow.

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #9,746 of 36,186

Vyrus II filters also fit. I have found that the sound difference with these filters as well as from the Icarus III are source dependent as is normal.

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #9,749 of 36,186
@majo123 look at this carbon fiber covering. Diyers are using this to shield cables. It is beautiful looking. Not sure how flexible it is. Sure is beautiful looking. https://www.techflex.com/specialty/carbon-fiber

Very nice indeed but yeah might stiffen up a bit , braid like that from my experience of looms will stiffen the cable but durability awesome , I have found some lovely titanium sliders and Y splits.
titanium-showcase-1024x759.jpg capsids3-1024x828.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back